Marching Band

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2622
I'll be heading off to marching band competition soon.

Gold Member

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2623
That was fun.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 1924
Being in the marching band is a lot like roller-blading, that hardest part is telling your parents you're g@y.

Gold Member

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2624
lol...

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 12710
I'm old OK...but all I know is that the CAN DO's play ball...and the CANNOT'S were in the band...and I was a musician, but also a jock, and a dope smoking freak, way back then......so U know what, I use to consider all the marching band people as wussy GEEKS, but as I have aged...I know have a different perspective and realize, they DO what they LIKE and what they can do well...we're not ALL jocks , rock n roll musicians, and shouldn't judge others based on what they LIKE to do.... I would be just as proud of my kids if they were happy and nplaying in the marching band , then if they were the stars of the football team (which BOTH my sons were blessed with athletic abilities...but NO musical abilities)...some of U here are motorheads, which we use to laugh at (but wish I knew 1/2 of what U guys know)...so we're all DIFFERENT, and thats COOL...

U need to look at people and appreciate what they can do, NOT what they do NOT do!

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

North carolina

Post Number: 450
deep sh!t there^^^ lol

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 10462
I played HS ball for a couple years. I was unfortunate to attend a school whose football coach was a pompous azz who gave ALL the opportunities to his son and his assistant coaches' sons. We'd take the ball down the field and only a select few got the ball inside the 5 yard line. All the TD's and none of the yardage. Their uniforms were always bright and clean.

I as well as a few others had enough, and quit. I got a job after school and on the weekends as a carpenter's apprentice. I was called a quitter and told football was more important than a job. That job created who I am now and I was glad to get out when I did.

I'm not slamming HS athletes, I used to be one, but everbody's path is different. It's a shame tho that today's youth look up to the wrong ppl. I could post a video on youtube about the most efficient way to store solar energy and get 100's of views. If I made another titled "Britney" or "Paris" it gets millions.

Ahhh it's time to pour the first cold one of the evening fellas........

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 1...

Post Number: 5332
^what pil said :-)

oh....but all of us here are Audio Geeks. (Or Bass-head, whatever you rather)

At Gator Drag '06, Matt Sibley told me this:

"You know, as fun as all this is...we are all a bunch of nerds. We build these cars and drive all over to SPL comps. It may sound cool and all, but in the end we are still just a bunch nerds playing w/ electronics running all over the place w/ computers and Termlabs."

Then about 10 of us proceeded to get drunk.
Fun times.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 614
This a touchy subject for me.. lol. When i was in high school i played varsity soccer, varsity tennis, and was in the marching band all four years. I now play tennis for a D1 college (SLU), but i still love music and watching marching bands. i had some of the best times during my high school career being in the marching band.

by the way, our marching band camp consisted of 8-9 hours a day in the july and august heat. our marching band worked harder than our football team. go somewhere, like a big time D1 college, and watch a marching band practice, then tell me it doesn't take athleticism on top rythm and musical talent.

Gold Member

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2625
What he said lol ^^^

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 1932
LOL i was completely kidding. I did percussion for 2 years.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 615
That a boy pit bull.. hell percussionists work harder than everyone else.. lol. Although you guys always get all the coolest parts and solos too. and on the rare occasion some hot girl has a marching band fet*ish you usually get them too.. hmm that sounded kind of hostile.. haha.

Gold Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 1058
Heck, the college marching bands I've seen are pretty cool IMO. And if you're not a jock, its one way to get into a tight knit group of friends.

Of course, when I was in HS, I was a tad lower on the totem pole (not that we had a band). School newspaper baby! Better than nothing though.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us