Archive through June 13, 2007

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4889
reece...in my opinion he pitched decently, not great but not bad. i dont recall saying dice-k did terrible. i do recall saying i was not impressed...dice-k is expected to be the almighty boston savoir, hughes is epected to be a good starter for the yankees later this year or next year...i thoght dice-k looked like a regualr 15-17 game winner with an ERA floating around 3.5-4.0...hughes is not on that level or close to that level right now, he very well could be later in his career.

and LK, yes i know we are bringing up the rear.

dice-k vs. pettite tonite at 7:05 at yankee stadium, good pitching match up tonite

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 997
The Red Sox's 'Empire' destroyer

By Jeff Passan, Yahoo! Sports
April 26, 2007

Dice Does Broadway

So, that round thing. Usually white, with some dirt rubbed on it. Called a baseball. On Friday night, at Yankee Stadium, Daisuke Matsuzaka is supposed to throw one, which should be quite a big deal. Though with all this talk about Curt Schilling's three-year-old blo0dy sock, who isn't looking more forward to Court TV's wall-to-wall coverage of the test to prove the red splotch is Schilling's DNA and not a brushstroke of Rave Red from Sherwin-Williams?

Take that, Larry Birkhead.

This makes twice now that Matsuzaka's starts against the New York Yankees, the team that the Boston Red Sox paid $103 million for him to vanquish, have played second fiddle. First Yankees rookie Chase Wright decided to tie a 43-year-old record and give up four consecutive home runs to the Red Sox, overshadowing Matsuzaka's pedestrian performance that nevertheless earned him a victory. And now, Baltimore Orioles announcer Gary Thorne claimed he was told by Red Sox catcher Doug Mirabelli that the blood on Schilling's sock in Game 6 of the American League Championship Series in 2004 wasn't really blood, prompting enough denials and clarifications to prove beyond a doubt that it's absolutely true.

And where does that leave Matsuzaka? Oh, yeah. Him. Sailing along, toting a rather unsightly 4.00 earned-run average into his fifth start. At times, his brilliance makes even the most well-cut diamond look dull. Yet the Yankees proved Matsuzaka's fallibility, and the Red Sox can only hope it's not the start of a trend that ends with another of their aces declaring the Yankees his daddy.

Because the Red Sox brought Matsuzaka in to beat New York. Do not believe otherwise. The international exposure is nice, the Japanese endorsements profitable, the victories against Toronto and Baltimore and Tampa Bay, the rest of their AL East rivals, all well and good.

Fact is, Matsuzaka is Luke Skywalker and the Yankees the (Evil) Empire. And against a lineup minus Hideki Matsui and Jorge Posada, Matsuzaka yielded six earned runs in seven innings and blew the lead handed to him by the four home runs.

"When I get a chance to pitch again in New York," Matsuzaka said after Sunday's game, "that's something that I will be conscious of and I will do my best not to repeat the problems that I had."

The problems can be multi-fold, said one scout who has seen two of Matsuzaka's starts. Particularly against Toronto and New York, Matsuzaka's command escaped him and turned an above-average fastball into a hittable one. Though Matsuzaka gets away with his slider high in the strike zone because of its movement, neither his fastball nor changeup have survived above the belt.

"He's leaving the changeup up too much," the scout said. "It's got great action. It's just hittable when it's in the zone, and it's there a lot."

The changeup -- which is not a gyroball, despite the insistence of many an ignorant announcing crew -- came with the billing of Red Sox pitching coach John Farrell as perhaps Matsuzaka's best of his eight offerings. It moves like a screwball because of the pronation of his wrist. When left up, it moves like a locomotive in the opposite direction, as it did when Derek Jeter sent one over the Green Monster.

Matsuzaka's other issues -- his loss of fastball velocity out of the stretch and pitch inefficiency -- should work themselves out as he adjusts to the game in the United States, the scout said. His array of pitches, the scout said, are just too good not to win.

Anyway, it's not just the types of pitches Matsuzaka throws as much as what he does with them. In his first at-bat against Alex Rodriguez, who could hit a home run with a broomstick these days, Matsuzaka planted a fastball in his left shoulder.

"Of course when you're facing such a hot and talented batter, the thing you want to do as a pitcher is pitch inside to him," Matsuzaka said. "As I was watching the games the previous two nights, I didn't really think that we were pitching too hard inside to him. I was definitely very, very conscious of throwing inside to him, and of course hitting him on that pitch was purely an accident."

Matsuzaka did tip his cap, an apologetic gesture in Japan.

He also smirked.

"He said, 'I might do it,' " said Red Sox reliever Julian Tavarez, recalling a conversation a couple days earlier about pitching inside. "I said, 'Go ahead and do it.' I told him, 'Whatever it takes to win.' He laughed when he hit him. He didn't mean it. Alex knows that. He's one of the smartest guys in baseball. He's the best baseball player I've ever seen."

In his next at-bat, Rodriguez watched a backdoor cut fastball crawl back over the inside corner for strike three.

It was, more than any moment that night, what the Red Sox need Matsuzaka to be: not just an equalizer but a neutralizer.

"You have to make quality pitches constantly," Red Sox catcher Jason Varitek said. "At times, he was really good. And at other times, they capitalized."

The Yankees couldn't exactly celebrate. After Mike Lowell's three-run home run gave Boston a 7-6 lead and victory, New York skulked back home victims of a sweep. Forget the six runs against Matsuzaka.

"That wasn't our goal," Yankees manager Joe Torre said, "to pick on a pitcher and say we're satisfied."

Matsuzaka's goal, on the other hand, is to pick on the Yankees and become an insoluble mystery. In the eyes of the Red Sox, they are still the underdogs and the fighters, even if they own the more recent championship and carry almost the same stratospheric payroll. Their inferiority complex is their strength.

With an early three-game lead in the division -- and a 5½-game lead on the Yankees -- the Red Sox need Matsuzaka to complement Beckett and Schilling, who have both been excellent. They need Matsuzaka to resemble the dominant, 10-strikeout pitcher he was in his debut. And against the Yankees, they need Matsuzaka to be only one thing.

Blo0dy good.

Jeff Passan is a national baseball writer for Yahoo! Sports. Send Jeff a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9179
Yankeees SUCK...they lost again tonight 11-4 against DICE-K and the RED SOX...the local kids T ball team could beat the yankees!...LMAO...and yes, the yankees fall deeper in LAST PLACE!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4898
big game for us this afternoon...we learned alot

we learned that mariano can pitch and could be out of his slump now...remember, he did blow 2 saves in april of last year as wel...he had a 12.50 era coming into tonite but that will go down thanks to an impressive closing

we learned that kei igawa is good. went a strong 6 innings giving up but only 2 hits with 6 K's...i told you he could be as good as dice-k

overall, great nite for the yanks winning 3-1...streak is over, now its time to start a new one but instead of losing, itll be winning

Gold Member

Post Number: 9202
they win 1 out of the last 7 games...BIG Deal!

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12454
yanks you can't base all that you said on one game.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1013
No offense to anyone and especially Yanks, but it is pretty damn embarrasing to have this much talent on the Yankees and have that huge of a payroll and not be able to win. I know it is way early to throw in the towel but Steinbrenner won't sit around and watch this thing go down the toilet for too much longer. I would not be surprised at all if he fires Torre if this keeps up. 9-13 is just not acceptable for a virtual all-star team.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4904
"No offense to anyone and especially Yanks, but it is pretty damn embarrasing to have this much talent on the Yankees and have that huge of a payroll and not be able to win. I know it is way early to throw in the towel but Steinbrenner won't sit around and watch this thing go down the toilet for too much longer. I would not be surprised at all if he fires Torre if this keeps up. 9-13 is just not acceptable for a virtual all-star team."

absolutly, it is embarrassing...i think it will be turned around tho...we always get off to a slow start but not this slow lol

and chad, i do think that mariano is out of his slump. i think all he needed was one game where he pitched good and felt comfortable to regain his feet. an about kei igawa, is now 2-1 with a 6.08 ERA...dice-k is 3-2 with a 4.36 ERA...obvisouly dice-k's stats are better but igawa is close behind tho. just to need to work on that ERA of his. and chad, i dont know if you watched the game, but igawa's pitches looked very good. not too mention he didnt have much time to warm up considering karstens got hurt on the very first pitch of the game and only pitched another 3-4 pitches before exiting.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12456
didn't see all of it but most of it. i have never sat down and watched an entire baseball game in my life. lol. except when i am at the game.

but yea he did look pretty good today pitching.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4907
"didn't see all of it but most of it. i have never sat down and watched an entire baseball game in my life. lol. except when i am at the game"

pretty much every yankee game televised im watching the whole game.

btw chad, i mite be coming out to CALI in late june to see a dodgers, angels, and giants (they play the yankees) game. if i come out i wanna hear your system if i get the chance

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12457
anytime man. just let me know before you come out here.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1016
If you do go visit Chad, please try to refrain from butt sex because that is just wrong.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9205
Brad....are U suggesting "oral" would be OK?...LOL

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6062
Ok, now this thread has turned towards the dark side. I now have things in my head I wish weren't there!

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2237
well not as much as yanks will wish something wasn't in his head if he decides to go with oral hahaha

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu..., And Shepher... USA

Post Number: 2681
omg...good thing my mind is twisted already...can't mess with the wolfmans brain, already screwed up from too many years of drinkin/smokin weed

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4909
what the hell happened on this thread? jesus...went from baseball to oral an butt sex? thats just weird lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 6071
Your very own twisted thread Yanks.

Soon there will be farm animals, civil rights activists, Garfield, the cast of survivor, and David Letterman wanting in on the action.

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 886
lol i didnt read anything before me but i put a told ya so yanks in the NFL Draft thread then i realized there is a whole thread so i just wanted to say Told ya so about randy moss

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4911
this thread is going back to baseball...

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12461
speaking of baseball, the dodgers lost a close one to the padres. what sux is that everywhere the dodgers go, the opposing team's fans yell "beat la". it sux i tell you it sux.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9213
Lets Go Red Sox!!!!!....Lets Go Red Sox!!!

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 9216
LMAO

Yankees LOSE again today to the Red Sox ...7-4

Thats 5 out of 6 wins for the Red Sox from the yankees!....LOL...3 of 3 SWEEP in Fenway...and 2 of 3 in NY..

say good bye to Joe Torres...

Yankees remain in LAST PLACE...6 1/2 games back....BEHIND the RED SOX, in FIRST PLACE!...LOL

Here we go Red Sox...Here we go!...LMAO!

BTW...I think I saw more Red Sox's fans in NY than Yank fans...LOL...rumor has it that A Rod may pitch the next game!...ROFLMAO

Gold Member

Post Number: 9217
Yanks Fan
Gold Member

Fi SSD USA Post Number: 4658
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 01:37 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LK...you have nothing on the yanks offense so dont even bring that into play unless you want to be embarassed

pitching staff is jsut as good as the red sox

and yuor pitching isnt too hot bud...

Yanks...hey hows that CROW taste ...LMAO

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4914
its a long season LK

especially if the yankees keep playing like this

Gold Member

Post Number: 9220
I have NO sympathy for U or the yankees...LOL

But U can look forward to Eli Manning in the fall....LOL

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4915
lol i understand LK. yuo guys have had your fair share of losses before...and i do believe that you will experience them once again this year. the yankees wont be in last for too long. by the all star break, we will be back in first or second.

and i dont like the giants. im not one of those fans who like the yankees and giants. love the yankees, dont like the giants. i dont really have a favorite football team. got teams i like, but not love like in baseball

Gold Member

Post Number: 6080
^^^True fan. I'm from Pittsburgh, born and raised there. I now live near Philly. It's tough backing a nonlocal team especially if you live where I do. Philly fans are the worst. I have an open mind an enjoy a good debate on sports, but you can't have one here. Two years ago when Pittsburgh won the superbowl I was ecstatic. Watching Hines Ward leaping into the endzone and sealing up their fate was the world to me and my father. All the locals could do was criticize how they won just to compensate for how awful the Eagles did that year. Bs! The Steelers deserved to win after winning all their road games in the playoffs and taking control of the biggest game there is.

Because of how the locals treat other teams, (any sport), I now despise all Philadelphia teams and chuckle when any of them lose.

A true fan never leaves his team behind, win or lose. You have to take the shots when they lose but man, what a sweeter feeling when they win.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3749
hey look at the pats all i ever hear is criticism and hear oh there not that great at all espn has never given them credit its always indy's better or someone else is better even after we won 3 out of 4 superbowls i dont get it and now everyone hates the pats for that but there just a great team and now espn is enjoying them since the signing of moss

ps i cnt wait till football lol the pats should be nsty this year

moss
stallworth
welker
+
brady
+
our d
=
unstoppable lol or so we hope

oh yes and forgot to include maroney

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4925
i legitly hate the pats...and red sox...and celtics...and bruins...they all have one thing in common lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 9265
yes they do...GREAT FANS, in common!...and has teams that have been at the bottom and the top..we adapt and roll with whatever comes our way,..and always remain loyal!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4929
phillip hughes is dirty...great game pitched tonite

boston lost, we should win

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1071
Told ya Hughes was on his way. I was all ready to post this morning that I thought he would have a huge game today but I got a phone call and forgot.

But... you lost him for 4-6 weeks so it is kind of bittersweet. You notice how every time Steinbrenner has a meeting and yells at the team they respond like this? My question is why can't they always be motivated? I guess bringing home hundreds of thousands (and in some cases over a million) every two weeks isn't enough to keep them on top of their game

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4951
we on the comeback now

just swept the rangers in texas...pitching looked pretty decent...hitting looked decent as well...watch out

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1109
Well Yanks, so much for the comeback. All of the pitchers except for Myers got absolutely shelled today. When you get 11 runs and 16 hits and still lose, something is very wrong.

If there is an upside to this... at least Johnny seems to be coming out of his slump.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4961
man that comeback ended quickly lol

pitching is killing us this year...actually, injuries are killing us this year. i cant even fathom what happened to our pitching tonite...thats just insane

hitting looks good tho lol

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1136
Chien-Ming Wang has a perfect game through 7.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1137
D'oh! Ben Broussard just cracked a homer off him... oh well, one of the best pitched games all year anyway.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4967
chien ming pitched a gem today....that was incredible to watch....ben broussard , i belive, was batting under .200 when he hit that blast....how unlucky lol

oh well, great game pitched by chein ming wang

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4986
roger clemens announced today he will be a yankee once again.

"EW YORK -- Roger Clemens is a Yankee.
With those five words, displayed on the video screen at Yankee Stadium in a surprise announcement during the seventh-inning stretch on Sunday, the 44-year-old right-hander ended all the speculation and confirmed his return to the Bronx.

Public-address announcer Bob Sheppard instructed the crowd to draw its attention to the owner's box and the video screen, where Clemens, holding a microphone, drew a loud ovation from the crowd at the game between the Mariners and Yankees.

"It's a privilege to be back," Clemens said. "I'll be talking to you all soon."

Yankees general manager Brian Cashman was not immediately available for comment, but further official announcements are expected shortly."

Gold Member

Post Number: 9351
I would love to see Clemens get ROCKED in his first outing!...I never liked him personally, even when he was with the Sox...he's an arrogant obnoxious, ego tripper, even when he was a young rookie out of Texas....and at 44, his arm has got to be getting tired and played, after years of throwing heat!..he's no knuckleballer Phil Niekro or a Wakefield..and I hope George S paid top dollar for him too, cause I'm sure Clemens demanded it, and is just satisfying his ego now.....I know the Sox will love another opportunity to give Clemens a "reality" check...

Gold Member

Post Number: 9354
well George S paid thru the nose...LOL... a $28 million 1 year (half season) minor league contract...We shall see the rocket in June, and lets see what he's got then..

I'm sure the signing of Dice K by the Sox was VERY influential in the Yanks grabbing Clemens..Yankees were not about to let the Sox grab em both! ...and of course Clemens was great a pitcher whose future/present abilities need to be tested...any team who wouldn't grab him, would be foolsih... even if he bombs, he brings revenue..

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4987
the reason we landed him was because we have more pitching injuries than a wh0re has STDs...
pavano is out for the year, hughes is out 6 weeks, mussina just finally came back, and chien ming finally came back.
glad to have him back and i think he'll do good when he finally plays.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1210
You figure that Roger will start roughly 24 games and win at least half of those which = Yankees in the playoffs. Good move despite the ridiculous price they payed for him, but hey, he is The Rocket and a shoo-in first ballot hall of famer and he gets what he wants. More power to him.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5015
well the ump lost us that game...what a terrible call...he was out by atleast 3 yards

Gold Member

Post Number: 6314
^^^ That's 9'. Two strides!!!!! Are you sure???

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5018
lol so i exagerate a little bit...but he was clearly out...id say atlest 2-3 feet easy

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1286
Tim Wakefield is throwing a three-hitter through 7 against the Blue Jays with only one walk. I am not sure what this guy did during the off season, but he is wicked hard to hit like the old days again.

And Roy Halladay got drilled in the same game (3 hr's, 11 hits, 7 runs in 5 innings). Go figure...

Gold Member

Post Number: 9441
Wake has ALWAYS been "the man"..he's the knuckleball master..

Gold Member

Post Number: 9443
Boston Red Sox 8
Toronto Blue Jays 0

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texas Rangers 14
New York Yankees 2

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5036
way to post the score of our game on the only day of the year we lose to texas...we're 5-1 against them this year...we're back up into second place

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12726
don't worry yanks. your team will make the wild card.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9444
Team W L PCT GB
Boston 23 10 .697 -
Baltimore 17 18 .486 7.0
NY Yankees 16 17 .485 7.0
Tampa Bay 14 20 .412 9.5
Toronto 13 21 .382 10.5

Gold Member

Post Number: 9445
Looks like 3rd out of 5 to me..

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5038
sue me....we were in second yesterday....baltimore isnt a real team, ther terrible....they will end up being under .500 for the year and will finish 4th maybe even 5th in the division....and we're dead even with them....except for that .001 in winning percentage

and chad, we'll win the division once again...for the 9th? or 10? time in a row....its early and i forgot which one it is lol....red sox will blow it like they always do.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 9448
winning the division means nothing...as the yankees have often learned..lol

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12732
this is the year for the dodgers anyways. you guys can fight over who is going to win the american league but the whole thing belongs to the men in blue.

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7249
My Jays are, errr...in need of pitching help.

And hitting

And a bat boy(just went down with an elbow)

The mascot is on the 15 day.

The bus driver has a flat.

etc. etc.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5042
lol nuck...we are finally getting over our pitching injuries...

and winning the division does mean something...bragging rights

Gold Member

Post Number: 7262
Last post was before Halliday went down.
Ay Carumba!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9464
nuck...your post was a riot...LMAO...Blue Jays sound like a yankees team ...lol...yankees have 1 great player (A Rod) the rest suck!...and I hope A Rod leaves soon , for his own benefit, cause he's a good dude!!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5051
how can you say we only have one good player?

arod is great, jeter is great, posada is one of the best catchers in the game, damon is great, abreu is great, giambi is a good hitter, cano is arguably one of the top 3 second basemans, matsui is solid, miecawitz (impossible to spell accuratly lol) is solid fielder and his bat is starting to show up....i dont know how you can say the players on the yankees suck....we have gold gloves, batting titles, all star votes, rings, titles, and many other stats which show we dont suck

Gold Member

Post Number: 9499
New York Yankees 1

Seattle Mariners 2

Baltimore Orioles 5

Boston Red Sox 6

Gold Member

Post Number: 9516
Red Sox 7 ... Dice K piched complete game
Detroit 1

Yankees 8 1/2 games back..

Boston 26 11 .703 -
NY Yankees 17 19 .472 8.5

Gold Member

Post Number: 9563
Team W L PCT GB
Boston 28 12 .700 -
NY Yankees 18 21 .462 9.5
Toronto 18 22 .450 10.0
Baltimore 18 23 .439 10.5
Tampa Bay 17 22 .436 10.5

Red Sox sweep double header today (Thurs...17 May) against Detroit 2-1, 4-2

Yankees lose again to White Sox 4-1

Yankees fall 9 1/2 games behind Red Sox..

Lets Go Red Sox....here we go!

Long Live the Red Sox Nation!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5110

Gold Member

Post Number: 6612
Cheer up Yanks. Only 4 months to football season.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9580
Oh hell...its ONLY a little rivalry fun...long way to go...plus the playoffs is what really matters., then the pennant...then the WS...I hate the yankees, but I like Yank fan...nobody's perfect....lol

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5113
this is a very disappointing season to say the least...

put down another mark in the L column lol...lost 3-2 tonite at Shea

no matter what we end up with, always stay true to the NYY

Gold Member

Post Number: 6622
We all like the "Yankee".

Oh snap. I'm one myself!

Gold Member

Post Number: 9602
Boston 29 13 .690 -
Baltimore 20 23 .465 9.5
Toronto 19 23 .452 10.0
NY Yankees 18 23 .439 10.5
Tampa Bay 18 24 .429 11.0

Yankees have not been 10 games or more (presently 10 1/2) behind the Red Sox since September 1995..

Saturday 20 May results..

Red Sox split with Atlanta...13-3 win, 14-0 loss

Dice-K , the rookie, goes to 6-2...Over his last three starts, Matsuzaka is 3-0 with a 1.87 ERA.

Yankees lose again to the Mets 10-7..

Yanks pitcher Darrell Rasner out with fractured index finger, after 9 pitches and facing only his 2nd batter.Surgery may force Yanks rookie righty to miss three months..

Gold Member

Post Number: 9621
Boston 30 13 .698 -
Baltimore 20 24 .455 10.5
NY Yankees 19 23 .452 10.5
Toronto 19 24 .442 11.0
Tampa Bay 18 25 .419 12.0

Sunday results..

Red Sox beats Atlanta 6-3

Yankees beat Mets 6-2

Red Sox travel today to New York to begin a 3 games series against the Yankees with 7:05pm (EST) start times on NESN (for Sox fans)

Probable starters:
Wakefield vs Wang
Tavarez vs Mussina
Schilling vs Petite

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1443
Tyler Clippard looks like he could be just what the Yankees were praying for. He pitched a very solid game first time out. Wang goes tonight, and as the "ace" of the staff he needs to pitch well tonight, especially against the Red Sox and Wakefield. I have a feeling that the Yankees are going to hit him hard tonight and I would be surprised if he makes it past 5-6 innings. The big question is if Wang can keep the Sox under 4 or so runs like the Tigers did last week.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5145
Wakefield vs Wang
Tavarez vs Mussina
Schilling vs Petite

those are some intriguing (sp?) match ups.
my hat is off to tyler clippard. the young gun pitched a hell of a game last nite against a very strong mets offense. our bats began to flair up again last nite with 3 hrs; arod, posada, and jeter; and cano nearly had one but went foul just before the pole.
hopefully wang brings his A game tonite. wakefield is having a good season and wang is having a decent one so far. we'll see what happens

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5146
wang pitched beautifully tonite. yankees got a hold of wakefield but thats what happens when you face a knuckleballer 3-4 times a year over a few years. our bullpen started to scare me but they got it done luckily.

tavarez vs mussina tomorrow. should be a good game

Gold Member

Post Number: 9630
Yanks beat Red Sox 6-2 ...Monday 21 May

Hey I can't argue with the results...Wang did pitch pretty good and Wakefield had a very unusual bad outing...Sox didn't hit, and A Rod's early blast was really all the Yanks needed...U rarely win any game with ONLY 2 runs..hopefully Tavares pitching and the bats will come around tonite...The Sox were due to lose a game, but must now shrug that one off and rebound back..

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1475
See my post above

Gold Member

Post Number: 9632
hey Brad...U got ESP..lol...lucky call!...lmao

BTW...whats gonna happen tonite?...and whats the Lotto numbers?

The key to any game is good pitching and keeping the other team's runs down..

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5155
got us tonite....all i can say is its hard to win a game getting only 4 hits and pitching that poor...

Gold Member

Post Number: 9640
Tavares was the guy I was most worried about, more so than Wakefield and Schilling...but he pitched well and enabled the Sox to win tonight....I always expect "the gladiator" Schilling to perform well...we'll see tomorrow night..

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5158
pettite pitched beautifully. our batting was pretty good. good game for the yanks tonite.

we jumped on schilling early and never looked back

still got quite a bit of games to make up for tho

Gold Member

Post Number: 9651
Sox prospect outperforms Clemens
By Rob Bradford
Thursday, May 24, 2007 - Updated: 04:34 AM EST

TRENTON, N.J. - It was the Red Sox little secret.

While more than 100 media members and Waterfront Park's largest crowd ever converged on the home of the Trenton Thunder to digest all things Roger Clemens, a few onlookers focused their attention elsewhere.

Red Sox general manager Theo Epstein, his assistant, Allard Baird, and a smattering of scouts focused on the pitcher much of baseball is truly drooling over. And it wasn't the one scheduled to make more than $18 million over the next four months.

Clay Buchholz used baseball's latest big stage to show why losing the Roger Clemens sweepstakes might not sting for Sox fans too much longer.

"I would have more confidence in this kid (Buchholz) starting a major league game tomorrow than the other guy (Clemens)," said one American League scout in attendance for Clemens' second minor league tune-up for the New York Yankees, a start for the Double-A Thunder in their 4-3, 10-inning loss to the Portland Sea Dogs. "We need one game to win the division and you're giving me a choice between starting (Buchholz) or Clemens, I'm taking (Buchholz) off of what I saw tonight."

Clemens exited having thrown 102 pitches over 5 innings. He left with the scored tied at 2, the bases loaded and a fair share of unanswered questions hanging over his head. The right-hander wasn't revealing whether his next start would be in the majors, although he called the performance, "a step in the right direction."

"I'll keep that in house," Clemens said. "That will be something the watchful eyes who were here will decide. All I can do is tell them how I felt and (tell) them how I feel (today), and we'll go from there."

Clemens' fastball ranged from 88-91 mph, with command that was inconsistent enough to result in four walks to go along with five strikeouts. He finished with three earned runs and issued a bases-loaded walk to the final batter he faced.

"I think you're going to see a lot of 2-2 counts, a lot of 3-2 counts. I don't see (Clemens) getting deep into games," the scout said. "Every fastball is going to be away, but I don't see him blowing anybody away. I think you're going to see him throwing 80-90 pitches through five (innings). I don't think he's going to have a lot of quick-pitch innings, and not getting through six much at all. He will be OK, but not the guy."

Buchholz, meanwhile, topped out at 95 mph while impressing with a curveball Sea Dogs manager Arnie Beyeler described before the game as "a (Josh) Beckett curve."

After giving up four straight singles and two runs to begin the game, Buchholz, 22, settled in to strike out eight without walking a batter. He also didn't allow another run in his six innings.

"This guy has great stuff," the scout said. "He's got a good fastball and just a hammer of a curve. You can see how he punches guys out. This guy can get some K's, whereas I don't see Clemens striking out a lot of guys. I don't think (Clemens) gets a strikeout an inning, but (Buchholz) could pitch in the big leagues right now. Right now, if you're looking at both of them, all things being equal, I'm taking (Buchholz)."

Gold Member

Post Number: 9692
Red Sox win again over Cleveland 4-2..

Yankees lose again to Toronto 3-2..

Yankees are tied for LAST place with Tampa Bay...which are 14 1/2 games behind the Sox!

Clemens will NOT pitch in the upcoming next Red Sox and Yankees series...allegedly Clemens is ready, but Yankees are surely afraid that if Clemens got hit hard by the Sox, the media will have a field day...LMAO...and so will the Sox fans...so Clemens will 'skip" the Sox series and be used to start against the White sox next Monday..

"With the Yankees' top three pitchers -- Chien-Ming Wang, Mike Mussina and Andy Pettitte -- lined up to pitch against this weekend at Fenway Park, Torre said that Clemens would throw an extra session between his regular work days and slot back to avoid the Red Sox series."....

LMAO...for 28 million dollars, I'd have his azz on the mound!

Team W L PCT GB
Boston 36 15 .706 -
Baltimore 25 27 .481 11.5
Toronto 24 27 .471 12.0
NY Yankees 21 29 .420 14.5
Tampa Bay 21 29 .420 14.5

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5190
yanks win 9-3

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 13299
^^^^^^what a f**king crazy game that was. games like that makes me realize why i like baseball. damn. games that clear the benches and gets pitchers thrown out of games FTW. lol.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1615
Well the Sox beat up on the Yanks yet again. And everyone gave me crap for picking them in that division. Scott Proctor got shelled bigtime and I don't want to throw in the towel yet, but the Yanks need to rattle off a huge win streak to even stay in the race at this point. I can't even believe a team with this much talent is 23-30. And Clemens is probably a week or more away from being able to help out since he pulled his groin yet again. And he still hasn't been able to get his fastball into the 90's consistently. This is not looking good.... at all.

And did you see A-Rod yell "mine" to that 3rd basemen the other night? That wasn't all that bad to me, players do that more than you would think, but the way he flat-out lied to the press after the game saying "I didn't hear him", and "I didn't hear him either" after the videotape clearly shows he was talking back and forth with both of them. And he lied with that shit-eating grin too. The guy is a douche, plain and simple. Sorry Yanks Fan, but it's true.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5199
we're all entitled to our opinions brad...i disagree with yours but thats life

Gold Member

Post Number: 9792
I just love to hear about a 45 yr old player (Clemens) getting paid $28 million to come out of RETIREMENT, to pitch 6 inning games for ONLY half the season...and then going on the disabled list BEFORE he pitches in his first major league game...LMAO

The yankees can have a nice autumn with NO games in October...they can get some golf in..LOL

Gold Member

Post Number: 9793
BTW yank...how's that crow taste?....LMAO!

Yanks Fan
Gold Member

Fi SSD USA Post Number: 4658
Posted on Monday, April 09, 2007 - 01:37 pm:

LK...you have nothing on the yanks offense so dont even bring that into play unless you want to be embarassed

FYI, we have A-Rod, Jeter, Giambi, Matsui, Abreu, Cano, Damon, Posada, Cabrera, Phelps, Mientkiewitz...cant beat that offense

pitching got off to a rough start this year but thatll be cleaned up...pitching staff is jsut as good as the red sox with Mussina, Wang, Pavano, Pettitte, Igawa, the BEST closer in the game Mariano Rivera, Proctor, Farnsworth, Myers...

and dont even get into records cause we're 6 games into the season and have 150+ left...

about A-Rod and Jeter, they may not like each other off the field but who the hell cares, both of them respect eachother on the field and thats all that matters...they are their to win a world series not be butt-buddies...

and yuor pitching isnt too hot bud...shilling is out of his prime, wakefield isnt good, papelbon is a decent closer but still not too great...

and finally, Dice-K, he looked good in his first game, against the Royals...lets just say the royals arent the greatest hitting team alive...wait till he pitches in front of 50,000+ fans at yankee stadium, he'll sh1t himself...japan ball and american ball are completly different, the mlb has much better hitters than over in japan.

end of rant lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 7498
LK, that IS the 21-30 Team, right?
Catch the Jays and then we can talk.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9795
Boston 37 17 .685 -
Baltimore 27 29 .482 11.0
Toronto 26 29 .473 11.5
NY Yankees 23 30 .434 13.5
Tampa Bay 22 31 .415 14.5

yes we're talking about the yankees....and Sox and yanks fans have never had a need to stay informed or concerned about Toronto, cause they are never in contention in the AL East or a threat!..all we know and care about Toronto, is that its in Canada, near Niagara Falls NY, and a clean great party town...lol

Among American League clubs, the Jays' production from the third spot ranked 10th in total bases (84), 11th in home runs (five), 12th in average (.245), 12th in slugging percentage (.389) and 14th in RBIs (25) entering Saturday.

Entering Saturday, Toronto had notched just two runs in its last 19 innings over a span of three games. In the past nine home games, the Jays have hit just .202 and averaged 3.1 runs per game.

BTW... 11 1/2 back is typical..Canada should stick to hockey..

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5205
papelbon? more like papel-GONE lol

arod coming through in the clutch. good game to watch. terrible 5th inning for us but other than that, good pitching by us. bats were alive. gotta throw a good job to robi cano for that triple to bring in the tying run.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9808
Don't get a woodie over 1 game that the umps gave to the yankees!...Lugo was safe by a mile at home!...Sox played a great game all around but u can't control the ump with his inconsistent strike zone and blind calls against Sox runners...the yankees got a 1 game win streak going with the help of an ump, BFD!....lol

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5213
holy sh!t are you blind...the dude was out. jorge did a FANTASTIC job of blocking the plate

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1778
Well Roger pitched very solid FTW. Not sure if it was worth a million bucks, but he got the job done. Gotta admit the guy is amazing when it counts....

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 9892
Clemens ONLY pitched 6 innings...at home in NY ....against the worse on base percentage hitting team (Pittsburg) in MLB baseball....and against a pitcher who is 2-8 this year!....thats doesn't impress me at all...

BTW... AND the yankess scored 9 runs for him...of course he and the Yanks would win today!...with 9 runs, they would have won if Yogi Berra was pitching!...LOL

Lets see what Clemens can do when he pitches against a REAL team!...for 28 million, he better do better than 6 innings and a 4.50 ERA!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5248
he did just what we needed him to do and nothing more. gotta remember this is his first time pitching in the majors for 7 months or so...he pitched wonderfully and i dont have any complaints....if he can do that for the rest of the year, then the 28 mill will be worth it...

btw, the bullpen did very well. hope it stays like that

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5269
sweating yet LK?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9946
Boston 41 22 .651 -
NY Yankees 32 31 .508 9.0
Toronto 31 34 .477 11.0
Tampa Bay 29 34 .460 12.0
Baltimore 29 35 .453 12.5

LMAO....9 games back, and U ask if I'm sweating?...U must be high!...LOL

BTW...U don't think the yankees will win 8 in a row again, do ya...this is their peak!....and their schedule will no longer be weak as it has been (Pitt-CWS -etc)....they'll never win 8 in a row again...LMAO

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5270
actually we are 8.5 back not 9

im just saying man....objects in mirror are closer than they appear

btw, since when did the white sox become 'weak'? sure their record is bad but you cant call them weak.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us