OMG! Skater hits ground from 50ft in the air

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 1454
He hits the ground so hard it knocks the shoes right off his feet...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KBvCrSjpx9I

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago Ima graffiti...

Post Number: 1608
Yeah i saw this on espn2 a buncha times last night. Crazy that he walked away. This "big air" competition is still really new and i keep thinking it's only a matter of time before someone gets phucked up somethin fierce.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1455
Yeah, I seen it on espn also. Did you notice how his neck bends forward and his face is in his chest? He could have easily snapped his neck, instead, he walks away...

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8951
Unbelievable. If I fall down two steps I can break my ankle. 50' and walks away? Wow. Goes to show you how absorbent that wooden deck is.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1610
i don't think it's that the wood is absorbent so much as it's just kinda luck of the draw. ppl sometimes survive like skydiving/parachuting gone wrong where they hit the ground crazy hard and then some ppl die just from tripping, falling and hitting their head funny.

I think the human body is a mystery in the sense that it can withstand incredible things, but at the same time it's got some weak points that can't really be identified or explained.

It reminds me of boxing or MMA fighting. Sometimes guys go back and forth punching each other full force right in the jaw, connecting perfectly, but neither gets knocked out. And then sometimes you'll see a guy get hit in the jaw with a shot that looks like it's not even that hard, a glancing blow even, and it knocks him out.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1457
If you think about it this way....He just dropped from 5 stories high!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 8954
I here ya Pit. Just look at some of those amazingly horrific nascar pile ups. Frames shredded, drivers being thrown, razor sharp sheet metal everywhere doing 120mph rolls and ppl walk away. Dale Earndardt's crash didn't appear that bad but was enough to kill him.

Reminds me of my grandparents. My fathers parents never took care of themselves, drank, smoked, ate whatever. Grandfather just passed at 86 and grandmother still going.

Mother's parents, grandfather died relatively young of black lung (coal miner).

Grandmother was a faithfully religious woman who never smoked, only drank a glass of wine at dinner each day, took vitamins, saw the doctor regularly, and cleaned other ppl's houses for extra $$. She died of a brain tumor.

You can try and duck life but if it's your time, it's your time. If it's not....you see shit like that vid.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1612
Life ain't fair pauly :-(

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1363
i know what your saying paul, incredible though .

and on another note isn't that a story to tell your grandkids.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8963
Personally I can't see how he didn't break anything if in fact he didn't. He came down right on his ribcage. Ppl have been know to break a rib sneezing let alone a force as large as that. Just...wow.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us