6.6 liter Duramax Diesel

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 1415
Hey...I have been looking into some trucks and I was wondering if anyone knows what the Chevy diesel will get in the city/highway. I can't find it published...This is for a 2500HD with the duramax and allison transmission. Thanks for the help!

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10445
I don't even see where they make a 6.6 diesel in 2007...just 6.0 gas..

http://www.kbb.com/KBB/NewCars/2007_Chevrolet_Silverado%20(Classic)%202500%20HD%20Extended%20Cab_Pricing.aspx

Gold Member

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 1416
They make them. I also would not be buying new.

Anyone...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10446
Ben...U're correct..its a $7000 additional option...and no mileage reports (no data available at all sites) probably cause U must stop at every gas station...lol....my guess would be about 8-12 mpg

Option Code Option Name and Description
LMM Duramax 6.6L Turbodiesel V8 Engine
Includes 6.6L turbodiesel V8 engine (Bio-Diesel compatible) with 365 hp @ 3200 rpm and 660 lb-ft of torque @ 1600 rpm, dual heavy duty 730-CCA batteries and engine block heater. REQUIRES MW7. INCLUDES K05.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10448
Ben...I googled the hell out of this myself for ya...there's just no real info...unless U read some various forums and get luck enuff to find a post...I did see where a guy stated with his 2006 2500 6.6L AND towing a 21 ft camper he was getting 5 mpg on the highway and was advised to buy various expensive vehicle accesories to improve his mileage..

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4832
i used to own an old Dmax when they had them in the suburban. and well it sucked, never bother with them since. although the allison tranny is nice.

im going to be getting a f350 with the 7.3 powerstroke and throwing a cummins 5.9 in when it starts to give me problems. they also make an aftermarket transfer case so i can put an allison tranny on too

if your concerned about milage will you be towing or just driving. the cummins will get better milage around 18-22 with a few minor mods. but once you start towing with it it drops fast to like 10-12

Gold Member

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 1417
First of all, thanks for doing all that research LK.

I will be doing hauling and driving. Mostly it will just be driving. I do own a small landscaping company, so I will be using it for that some I am sure. Anyway, I get about 15 mpg now in the city, so if I dropped to 12 mpg I wouldn't mind too much. I don't drive around too much. My only concern is the highway. I don't need a diesel, but I thought it got better milage than the 6.0L gas engine. That was my only real reason. I travel 450 miles from Minneapolis to Lincoln for school, so I really can't afford to be getting anything less than 20 mpg highway and I thought the diesel might get me that.

So, if anyone has any experience with them, please help me out.

Thanks

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4835
iv heard pretty good things about the new Dmaxes. but im not about to rush out and buy one. the 99-03 7.3l powerstrokes are supposed to be pretty solid with millage around 15-18. your best bet would to go on truck forums and do some research.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1557
x2^ to mat, the 7.3 strokes are freaking sweet. although stay about from the 6.0 in 04 to 06. the new 6.3 liter in the newest strokes. are bADASS... best on the road right now

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 556
Ben.. at the garage/dealership i work at we have that exact truck as a shop truck and i think we have atleast one more out on the lot. i will try to get some numbers for you today.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4839
the new 08 powerstroke 6.4 looks to be pretty good after the programming error was fixed, i would wait to buy one another year or two because in 2010 their will be diff. emmision standards and stuff and they will probably be reworking the engine. plus i dont care for the look so much of the 08s

Gold Member

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 1418
I wouldn't be buying new.

Gavin, that would be great if you could get that. Thanks.

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1559
my dad cant keep the new 08 superduty's in stock. sellin right and left. hands down the best diesel on the road right now.

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 557
alright ben, sorry it took me 2 days, but i can't help you anyway.. lol. i'm assuming you know what the window sticker for a new car looks like? well in the spots where it is supposed to have the MPG for city and high way, there is just nothing. totally blank. its like this on every single duramax diesel, both the 6.6 and 6.0 engines. so tomorrow i'm going to see if i can swipe the shop truck for a while and go for a quick drive and get atleast a general MPG estimate for you.

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1568
EPA is not required to do a MPG check with diesels.
but my dads 3/4 ton diesel, gets 14 and 13 with our mastcraft behind it

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4843
chase i wouldnt go so far as to say the 6.4s are the best diesel on the road right now. to be honest only time will tell, just because no major problems and they sell fast doesnt mean alot. but they do look promising, i just dont like the body style though.

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1570
oh man i love the body style. its awesome looking and mean. time will tell ur right, lol

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2337
LOL Mat how do you afford trucks like that at your age? And while I am hardly a fan of Ford in general, I have had really bad luck with a string of Ford's over the years and so have alot of my friends... there is little denying that the F650 Supertruck is the new king of the road.

Upload

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10501
WOW...I'm impressed as far as trucks go...not crazy about Fords either but , that is a NICE looking truck!...I can afford them but would rather not spend money on vehicles like that..my priorities are different...travel, entertainment, beer, golf, women, etc...lol

BTW...all u guys have done a nice job here, trying to help out Ben...thats cool and the way things should always be..

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 558
Well Ben, i did a little researching for you today.. i snatched up the shop truck to go on a delivery today and after i went for a little spin. i reset everything, then drove around in town for about 10 minutes and was getting about 12-13. i reset it again and took it out on the high way and got about 15-16. so all in all i'd say it doesn't get bad gas milage for a big diesel truck. infact it does just as good as my camaro.. :-( lol

Silver Member

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 559
keep in mind, those are short term numbers, i'm sure if i would have driven it longer, it would have fluctuated a bit from those numbers. probably could get better on the highway for sure. but for now that's the best i could do, hope it helps.

Gold Member

Maple Grove, Minnesota

Post Number: 1421
Yeah, thanks for all the help guys. I appreciate it.

I will have to some how find out more. I can't afford to get under 20mpg on the highway going 900 miles for school. I was thinking the diesel may be able to get me that, but maybe not. I guess only time and more research will tell. If anyone has any more input, I'd be glad to hear it.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8500
^^^That is an awesome truck! I wonder what it looks like with car seats lol.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4854
i dont have alot of trucks or any right now brad. unfortunatly. going to be getting a f350 with the 7.3l though. i just know alot about cars and do alot of work on them as well as boats, and have been doing tons of research on diesel trucks lately so thats where the info came from. sorry if that was confused with personal experiance no i have not owned them all but i have atleast got to play around in all of them.

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4855
BTW the f650s are over kill but pretty sweet, the 6 door ones look pretty bad a s s aswell. i like how they offer a cat and cummins in the 650 just wish they would have got cat to develop a smaller diesel for the mid level trucks

Gold Member

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4860
hey ben did you ever decide on what your getting?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us