Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10359
http://mfile.akamai.com/12924/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2006/0503/9152183.200k.asx

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

SQ = SoundSplinter RL-s

Post Number: 14143
nice.

that is funny sh!t. i go to jiffy lube to do the oil change. they are always telling me i need extra stuff. i tell them straight out, just put mobile 1 5/20 and change the filter and thats it. i also tell them if i need any other work done i would go to a real mechanic.

i watch them to make sure they use the correct one and i make sure they change the oil filter.

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 605
wow...

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 569
jiffy lube has been saying that for years but they won't do anything about it. you'll have to take them to court to get anything out of them something to tarnish there name otta straighten them up. my dad owns an auto shop here in town and he's always been honest with all of his customers he even fixes things that other auto shops can't figure out.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2241
http://www.jiffylubeproblems.com/

I would never go there. Chain stores in general are only out for profits from trying to sell you other items you don't need. I have been going to the same mechanic down the street for years because he uses Valvoline and Castrol. The brand of oil and filter a place uses is more important to me than anything else.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 8306
What gets me is their database. They assume you only take your car to them for all services. I somehow can't convince them what I feel my truck needs or doesn't. "But sir, it says here you haven't had your transmission serviced since, like, forever. Better let us take care of it!" Jackoffs.

I even had one nut ask me where my oil filter was. Two guys searched for ten minutes! Unbelievable.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10376
I was once (15-20 years ago) arrested for "accidentally" throwing a jiffy lube guy down into the "oil pit" when he lied to me (I watched) and never even changed the oil or filter...lol

BTW...JL, decided to NOT pursue the case...LMAO...I would have "owned" them...lol

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 2253
"I was once (15-20 years ago) arrested for "accidentally" throwing a jiffy lube guy down into the "oil pit" when he lied to me (I watched) and never even changed the oil or filter...lol"

And here I was thinking that I was the only one that ever assaulted douchebag employees...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10385
" assault"...never happen, I "bumped the guy accidentally...LMAO...I have a tendency to get "clumsy" with dishonest people...lol

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5436
thats funny....pretty embarrassing for jiffy lube but they deserve it...wont ever go to a jiffy lube ever again....and LK, i dont blame you for "bumping" into the guy lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 8358
Sux. I've always gone to them. I wonder how old my oil actually is.

Username: Wileys_farm

Post Number: 1
i used to work for them. everyday vehicles coming in for oil changes and out the door with the same oil. we were told by management thats the way they do it. Oil does not wear out just gets dirty was their favorite saying.

Stay away from ALL quick oil change places. Take my word on it.

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1669
­
Just one oil change at JL was all it took for me. While I was waiting I saw this JL employee come in all hang-faced like a surgeon just out of the OR ready to deliver the bad news. Of course the poor old lady agreed to do everything on his list. I just wanted to barf, it was just so obvious. Dude tried the same thing with me and I told him to change my oil and get me the hell out of there. Now I wonder if they even did that.
­

Gold Member

Post Number: 8363
Next time I go I want to see the oil actually drain out and new filter put on. This shit freaks me out.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10425
I still use them (another fast oil change service) when I'm in a rush, but I stand inside and watch them closely (drip pan drain plug, filter, install new oil, check tires- air cleaner-fuel filter etc,...and NEVER let them do anything else, except an ocassional pcv valve or fuel filter (cheap simple stuff)...hell I don't even trust the local garages either, they're just as bad...the ONLY GOOD shop is one that U personally know the guys at!...and NOT usually at a chain store..

in fact, I'm notorius for asking company employees, if they want to make some money on the side, no matter what their occupation...I just had a new central AC system installed for half the price, by calling a company for the estimate and had the tech come out after work and swap out my old condensor (side job)..he was happy, and so was I...I don't begrudge ANY company from making a buck, but tired of them screwing everybody all the time...rather see the honest hard working employee put more money in his OWN pocket....my favorite is boning the insurance companies ANY chance I get!...lol..I hate em all!...them and lawyers..

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4826
hehe that is why i always do all the work on my cars and families.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1421
I just get dirty and do it myself. I try and do w/e I can before I pay someone else to do it for me...

Gold Member

Post Number: 8368
The oil filter in my truck is in such a location that you need a special wrench with an angled extension just to get to it. I think it's tucked way up in the fender somewhere. Can only get to it from underneath. Another reason why I'm nervous about it. How many guys have just given up and said the hell with it, let it go?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10434
Actually its cheaper to have them do it for U, especially with disposal and the environmental issues now...nevermind your labor and time.... as a one time former class A CDL trucker, time = money!...plus I hate working on cars...lol...too many busted knuckles, and fenders I have kicked...LOL...not to mention that everything is computerized now, and need to be a software engineer to do a simple engine check nowadays...lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10435
The 62 dodge dart slant 6 days are gone!

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4834
i can change my oil in 5 minutes. and it only cost me like 15$ and my autopart store takes old oil for free.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us