Stupid front license plate law!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 557
Ok so today I was on my way to my bros graduation party and as I pulled in the drive way a cop followed me in. not knowing what the hell he was doing woundering if he was lost or if he wanted to know if i saw something and what not. so i get out of my car and he gets out of his and ask "Is this your car" stunned at the question seeing as im the one thats driving it I respond "ya its my car" then he goes and ask a retorical question "wheres the front license plate?" and of course like most cars in california I hardly see the need for one but i can't just say, well i just didn't like how it looked so i didn't put it on. so time for plan B, "I haven't had time to put it on yet" then he went on with the usaul dumb azz questions like, have you been drinkin? are you on probation?, is this your house? can i see your ID? and at the end of it he just wanted me to put the front license plate on it which is bullshit im the only one in town with a bright azz burnt orange ford probe end of story so. being slightly frustrated I went searching on the internet to see if this law still exist and I came to find that there was a petition that i could sign, now i don't know what good it will do but i figure it can't hurt. so if any of you wouldn't mind to take 1min to fill it out, would you please? its just a stupid law and its a waste of time. I don't know about where you live but since when does it take two cops to pull over a guy with no front license plate? let alone why the hell is that worth the fix it ticket?

http://www.petitiononline.com/caplate/petition.html

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7717
Most ppl hate the cops and mostly it's for them doing what the system requires of them. If everyone followed the law and nobody gave a cop a reason to write a ticket the system would fail quickly. And for those who believe that they don't have a quota need to wake up.

My father drives a truck for a living and one of his routes takes him to Wildwood NJ every morning. He's become friendly with several cops who are "assigned" to certain stores he delivers to. Wildwood at night is pretty bad these days. The police in Wildwood are so ticket happy and for the most part leave the locals be. The tourists and ppl from Philly and NY are their targets. He jokes around with them and got one to admit the top ticket writer in that department wrote almost 1000 tickets in one year alone. Anything from jaywalking to speeding 5 mph over. The latest law clearly states you must come to a complete stop for 3 full seconds before continueing. The cop told my dad he "had" to give a woman a ticket for "rolling a stop sign". She came to a complete stop, it just wasn't a full 3 second stop. That's pathetic. It's a major revenue for the town.

They get the pressure to write the tickets and I can only imagine what they would stoop to if nobody gave them a reason. Probably roadside check points for vehicle safety or a flat fee just for entering the damn town.

But no, that won't happen. Ppl are just too ignorant to pull it off. Too many drunks, too many party goers who couldn't care less about a $45 disturbing the peace citation or $75 speeding ticket in their Benz.

And you better have both front and back plates as well.

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

Formerly known as Wolf...

Post Number: 161
ha ha, in Louisiana we only have rear plates...IMO front plates don't make sense....cops pull you over from BEHIND, so thats the plate they will see ...so why do some states require both?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7721
Probably because it's easier for the meter maid to write the ticket!

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 10029
Florida only has the rear...Massachusetts has BOTH front and rear...all sates vary on this...its a money revenue making thing...there really is no valid purpose of the front plate...its just old school thinking, and justifies more costs to the motorists and another excuse to ticket someone for more revenue..

Gold Member

Post Number: 7722
I concur, sir.

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 300
california suckz i got pulled over for speeding and driver with no license when i was passing tru california ticket is 600 dollars! And on top of that f^ckerz said i couldnt pay tru mail or credit card i have to drive 3 hours just to show up for 30 min and drive back what a waste of f^cking time. I heard california has the highest ticket fees too.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7728
California also has one of the country's wealthiest resident base. It's no suprise to me they tap into it any way they can. Even ppl driving through.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1414
ok is only rear, and most of us jus run around with paper tags from local dealerships... lmao. i havent had a real tag since i bought a car

Gold Member

Post Number: 7731
Ya know I'll never buy another car out of state again. When I bought my camaro it was at a dealership across the bridge in north Philly. Took all my info quick, approved financing fast, and the car was mine in under 4 hours. Long story short is I had to wait three weeks for my insurance to send me what I needed to show the dealership that I was covered. Ins co said all I needed was a binding #. They wouldn't release the vehicle to me. They needed to see a card. I got my first car payment in the mail b4 I even took posession of it! I was pizzed. Then they wouldn't give me my tags in time. I drove around on expired temp tags sweating for weeks. Once they make the sale, they couldn't care less about you.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 523
IL requires front plates too.. i've gotten pulled over for it a few times. but my car doesn't even have a mounting bracket for the frong plates unless i buy a hole new front grille. just keep it in the car somewhere, don't be an a*ss, and you'll usually get off with a warning.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us