Mosquitos

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9971
It's about that time folks --
So thought I'd send out this reminder!!!!

OK, mosquitos..

Prepare to be repelled!!!!!

Use Bounce Fabric Softener Sheets...Best thing ever used in
Louisiana..just wipe on & go..Great for Babies

Bob, a fisherman, takes one vitamin B-1 tablet a day
April through October . He said it works. He was right.
Hasn't had a mosquito bite in 33 years. Try it.
Every one he has talked into trying it works on them.
Vitimin B-1( Thiamine Hydrochloride 100 mg.)

If you eat bananas,
The mosquitos like you, - something about the banana oil
As your body processes it.
Stop eating bananas for the summer and the mosquitos
Will be much less interested.

This is going to floor you, but one of the best
Insect repellents someone found (who is in the woods
Every day), is Vick's Vaporub.

Plant marigolds around the yard, the flowers give off
A smell that bugs do not like,
So plant some in that garden also to help ward
Off bugs without using insecticides.

"Tough guy" Marines who spend a great deal of time
"camping out" say that the very best mosquito
Repellant you can use is
Avon Skin-So-Soft bath oil mixed about
Half and half with alcohol.

One of the best natural insect repellants that I've discovered
Is made from the clear real vanilla. This is the pure Vanilla that is sold in Mexico. It works great for mosquitoes and ticks,
Don't know about other insects.

When all else fails--get a frog

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3284
"Plant marigolds around the yard, the flowers give off
A smell that bugs do not like,
So plant some in that garden also to help ward
Off bugs without using insecticides."

haha my grandma used to say that alllt eh time, and she would plant a sh1t load of those around her yard. i've also found smoke to work really well but every1 knows that.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7640
My father used to entertain us by letting a mosquito land on his arm and bite him. While the mosquito was "filling" up my dad would pump his fist real hard and fast forcing the parasite to explode.

True story.

Skin so soft really does work.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4624
i used to take b-1 i got to start doing that again because those little fu ckers are back.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11698
good thread

& yes i remember somewhere hearing\reading about bananas attracting dem lil buggers

i keep a can of repellent here near my pc so they cant get to my legs ......

Silver Member
Username: Wolf_hound

Post Number: 307
My neighbor next door has a pool that is green as h3ll i heard mosquitos come from green pools or something like that i told my neighbor to clean it up to prevent mosquitoes and he said he will get to it its been a month and he still hasn't cleaned Hes only there like once a week but he should still take the time to clean it or drain the pool since no one uses it. I think i am gonna have to report him because i don't want my nieces getting any d@mn virus from a mosquito they are always playing in our backyard but i don't want to be a snitch also:-(

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10056
Mosquitoes are attracted to ANY standing water, even if a small amout in a old tire or a flower pot...

BTW...the health department will not help U...no law against NOT cleaning your pool...

Gold Member

Post Number: 7748
If he won't clean it go to the dollar store and buy the cheapest bleach they have. A gallon or two will do the trick. I used to feed the larve in puddles to my fish. Nice treat.

Silver Member

Post Number: 308
LK they will i seen it on the news many times were they say if you have a pool that you let get green and dirty you can face fines i dont know if its different in your state but thats how it is over here. I think im gonna have to do pauls idea lol.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10063
Bleach and chlorine are basically the same thing...in fact many people will substitue bleach (much cheaper, but less strength)..but thats only a temp fix for a couple of days...and the filter/pump needs to be running to circulate that "bleach"..

I know in Mass, CT, NY and Florida, there is NO laws requiring pool owners to run their pumps and chlorinate...in fact I just called the city and county lawmakers/councilmen, code enforcement bureau, and board of health last week, about EXACTLY that issue with a vacant house next door..the pool odor os bad as well as the mosqitos...that pool has NOT been touched in over 1 year..I was told that they cannot even step 1 foot on the property to even look and evaluate the situation..only the cops can go on the property, and a dirty pool is NOT probable cause or a criminal offense..

Gold Member

Post Number: 7773
Temporary fix sure. But look at the tens of thousands of fewer mosquitoes there will be. With it not being his pool what choice does he have? It really needs to be drained. Does he have a problem with that? Takes a day, problem over.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10065
Hey Paul ...I agree bleach will help...but its only a bandaid fix..its better than nothing...Obviously another talk with the neighbor is needed...

Julian...if your neighbor has IGNORED U, I definitely would have NO problem having a "face to face" with him or worry about being a snitch...hell, I'd go off on him...lol...and since he's rarely there, I would definitely open up the drain and empty that sucker in a heartbeat!...thats exactly how I resolved my same problem next door...and if its an above ground pool, cut the liner on the bottom! (takes 2 seconds with a sharp knife)...LOL

Silver Member

Post Number: 312
I would talk to him again next time i see him h3ll i would even offer to help him clean the pool or drain it. i would explain to him my situation and if he just says f^ck off then i would report him.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us