Archive through April 27, 2007

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago What the phu...

Post Number: 1226
okay i'll only say it once now, and a lot more after the season which i admit is very long, i told you so :-)

did you see dice k's first start? few too many walks but overall great. did you see igowa? HAHAHAH! what was it like 7 earned runs? heheheheh

(no hard feelings yanks:-))

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4638
lolol...you got me for now...i cant say anything except dice k had a great start and igawa was less than stunning lol

we'll see what happens down the road...im still sticking to what i said

Gold Member

Post Number: 1227
i knew you would you stubborn sob :-)

lets just agree on the obvious things....like the cubs are gonna win the world series!!!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4639
lmao

thats funny pit...cubs win the world series lol
seriously tho, yanks will win numbre 27 this year...how abot arods great start...did i mention he'll be the MVP

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11906
dodgers vs angels in the world series.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4643
dont be silly chad lol

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 1901
Braves. Nothing else needs to be said.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1902
Dice K is on my fantasy team...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4654
reece...the braves wont even win their division...mets will take the NL East...they could do the wildcard but i dont think theyll win that either

Gold Member

Post Number: 1228
cubs
mets
padres
wc: braves

white sox
yankees
angels
wc: red sox

Gold Member

Post Number: 1903
Braves will take NL east this year, but don't quote me on it cuz im drunk

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4657
lol

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8659
Red Sox pitching is OUTSTANDING!...Dice K, Schilling, Wakefield, Timlin, Beckett, Tavarez, Clement, Papelbon, are quite the show!...

and with JD Drew, Manny, Will Pena, Youkilis, Varitek, Lowell, and Big Papi's (Ortiz) big bats, U can count on a lot of runs...

and with a guy named Cocoa Crisp in the outfield, how can U lose!...LOL

Jeter and Arod broke up, so their marriage is over..and Arod will be history soon..and the Yankees will go down!

Boston 3 3 .500 0.5
NY Yankees 2 3 .400 1.0

here we go Red Sox, here we go!!!

Upload

Upload

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4658
LK...you have nothing on the yanks offense so dont even bring that into play unless you want to be embarassed

FYI, we have A-Rod, Jeter, Giambi, Matsui, Abreu, Cano, Damon, Posada, Cabrera, Phelps, Mientkiewitz...cant beat that offense

pitching got off to a rough start this year but thatll be cleaned up...pitching staff is jsut as good as the red sox with Mussina, Wang, Pavano, Pettitte, Igawa, the BEST closer in the game Mariano Rivera, Proctor, Farnsworth, Myers...

and dont even get into records cause we're 6 games into the season and have 150+ left...

about A-Rod and Jeter, they may not like each other off the field but who the hell cares, both of them respect eachother on the field and thats all that matters...they are their to win a world series not be butt-buddies...

and yuor pitching isnt too hot bud...shilling is out of his prime, wakefield isnt good, papelbon is a decent closer but still not too great...

and finally, Dice-K, he looked good in his first game, against the Royals...lets just say the royals arent the greatest hitting team alive...wait till he pitches in front of 50,000+ fans at yankee stadium, he'll sh1t himself...japan ball and american ball are completly different, the mlb has much better hitters than over in japan.

end of rant lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 8677
We shall see..all your hitters are overrated...Damon,Pasoda, Mientkiewitz and the rest are no big deal..in fact the Sox let some go!...Jeter and Arod are your ONLY 2 good hitters, with a little help from Matsui on ocassion!...and that Yankee pitching is NOT impressive, except for Rivera...but the kid Papelbon for the Sox will keep the hitters honest this year, and NOT be outdone by any other relievers..and Schilling and Wake are still GREAT pitchers!

See ya in September!...just remember 2004!...U will think its deja veu again...LOL

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4666
ill remember 2004...as long as you remember:
World Series - 26...did i mention you have only 6
AL Pennants - 39...you have 11
AL East Division Titles - 15...we tripled you, you have 5

the only thing you beat us in is wild card births but thats cause we're too busy winning the division
and i am stunned that yuo dont consider bobby abreu, robison cano, OR johnny damon good hitters...the red sox' only good all around player is coco crisp...our good overall players are jeter, cano, arod, damon, bobby, posada...

also, the moat important number i want you to remember is 86...2004+86=2090 <---then youll have 7 WS rings lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1235
The above post^^ is exactly why everyone hates yankee fans :-)

nothing personal YF your still muh boy

and if measures were taken to level the playing field for owners who can't spend such ridiculous amounts of money on players like steinfagger, things would be different.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11925
why must we live in the past?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4668
lmao...its cool pit, i completly understand bud...i am happy to say that all yankee fans, including myself, are ignorant and will sh1t on you if they have the chance. they will kick you while your down and not feel bad about it...thats with baseball facts tho for me. im a very nice, easy to get along with kid and the only time i get angry, and i mean the only time i get angry, is when the yankees are being made fun of in a way in which i completely disagree with.

but let me tell yuo something, Joe Torre is the best manager in the game right now. yuo probably disagree but heres my reasoning.
1. we went through so many injuries lat year, with damon, cano, pavano, matsui, etc
2. arod disasterous fielding season and being booed all the time.
3. the chemistry of the team just wasnt there
even through all of this, Joe took the yankees and won the division with players who no one had heard of...can you say melky cabrera?

now, to get to the payroll issue. most people dont know this. the yankees of course are the number one payroll with a payroll of about 195 milion. number 2 on ths list is the red sox who has a payroll of 120 million. now the 75 million difference is pretty hefty but think of this. the minnesota twins have a payroll of 64 million and won, arguebly altho not in my opinion, the hardest division with the white sox, tigers, indians, royals(who dont count), and themselves in it. they won that division last year with that payroll. now that is almost half of your payroll. what im getting at in this argument is, using the whole "your team cheats by buying players" or "you use more money than anyone else" the answer is yea, we do, we have a payroll higher than 29 teams in the league while you have a payroll higher than 28 teams in the league.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4669
chad to answer your question, becuase there is nothing in the present to talk about baseball about since it just started

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4670
btw, these are probably the most informatoinal posts ive ever given on this site lol

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11926
yeah i was very impressed yanks. good job man.

^^^^no sarcasm there. it was some good info.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4671
thank you chad...i love the yankees and i love talking/argueing about them

i love having a kid tell me im a "bandwagon" fan and then just sh1tting on his face with facts...as im sure you can tell, im no bandwagon

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11928
you are a freak man. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5454
Do your thing man, do your thing.

It's a shame I know squat about baseball cuz I'd love to ruffle your feathers Yanks.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4673
lol thanks chad

and paul, i get very defensive about the yanks as yuo can tell

btw, for KL, pit, and whoever else ive argued with, these are not attacks at you, they are attacks at the red sox

Bronze Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 89
Yankees all the way!

D.W. I got ur back yanks lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1236
"your team cheats by buying players"

well i definitely didn't say your team "cheats".

"you have a payroll higher than 28 teams in the league."

clearly you got the impression i'm a red sox fan which i'm NOT! I'm a Bears fan 1st, Bulls fan 2nd and Cubs fan distant 3rd.

And yeah any team can win even with a small payroll in any given season, BUT in the long run the yankees obviously have an unfair advantage which is why it's annoying that their fans brag about what a dynasty they are.

I'm a realist man, if i had to bet some of my hard earned money on any ONE team to win it all this season....i'd pick the yankees lol. A-rod looks like he's FINALLY feeling comfortable as a yankee, torre is obviously one of the best, and Jeter likes to take it in the butt from men (not particularly relevant but:-)).

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11930
when the angels won the world series few years ago, i believe they had the lowest payroll.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4674
well atleast you know who to bet on to win the WS lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 5457
Pit, I don't watch basketball, but I can tell you though that it was fun as h@ll to watch Jordan, Pippen and Kukoc play together back in the day. It was who the Bulls were all about. I like to watch any supreme team play, in any sport.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8686
As most know the Sox and Yankees are bitter rivals..and the Yankees 'steal' almost every good player ( Babe Ruth, Roger Clemens, Damon now) the Sox ever had with their HUGE open wallet...I dropped my son on his head 25 years ago and now he has brain damage and somehow turned into a Yankee fan too..LOL...its all good, just having some fun (but son is a yanks fan somehow...maybe he's really not my kid...lol)

BTW...my money is on the Sox...who goes to the Kentucky Derby to see and bet on the favorite!...NOT me , thats for sure!....I foresee Arod going away this year..I will agree, that Joe Torre is a great man and coach, but I still HATE the yankees!...and screw the Jets and the Giants too!

Here we go Red Sox, here we go!!!!!...LOL...the Red Sox Nation lives!

Upload

Upload

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 5460
^^^

I like how you "bring it" LK.

This is why we watch.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1904
I don't know how you can say that about Dice K, Yanks. The dude DOMINATED the WBC last year. Do you think that's just a buncha schlubs thrown on the field to strikeout? A lot of the MLB greats were on teams, and most of those teams could ROMP an MLB team.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1237
Agreed^^ and people should have completely accepted by now that Japanese players can BALL. You gotta give him credit for his success against his fellow japaners too.

Paul Yes i absolutely loved watching Jordan, Pippen, Rodman, Grant and others win 6 out of 8 titles. But the rules in the NBA and NFL regarding how much money you can dish out to pay players make things a lot more fair, it's not like they just out-spent other teams to beat them. Which one COULD ARGUE the yankees do to an extent.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4675
does japan have good players? yes they do
does the mlb have better players? yes they do

overall, in my opninion, the mlb has better hitters than japan does. theres a reason why the good players in japan come to to the mlb to play, because theyve dominated the japan league and wanted new competition and to play in the highest level of baseball. do you think matsui, ichiro, dice-k, chien ming wang, etc just come over to the mlb just for fun? no they came over to play in the highest level of baseball. now obviously, you guys think im saying dice-k is bad...hell no, the guy is money, i just dont think, at this stage in his carreer, that he will be as dominate in the mlb as he was in the japan league. he will not come over and mow down every player. mlb ball and japan ball are different.

and to the WBC, he pitched against mexico, chinese taipei and cuba...scores of the game
against chinese taipei 13-2
against mexico 6-1
against cuba 10-6
he had plenty of run support and on those 3 teams chinese taipei have no major leaguers, mexico has a few with the best being vinny castilla, erubial durazo, geronimo gill, and a few other small names, and cuba may have some but again, no one good. what im getting at is, even in the WBC he dominated against hitters who are not up to par with the mlb. he has never faced a hitter like A-Rod, or tejada, or pujols, or any other big hitters in the league. im not saying he'll fail completly, but i dont think he'll have the year that everyone is expecting him to have. he may win 15 games and have an ERA under 4.00 or even under 3.50. later in his career once he learns the batters, then yea he could become one of the best pitchers in the game, but he is certainly not one of the best yet. let him prove himself before we all get on his nuts.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11965
chan ho park FTW!!!!

props to yanks knowledge on baseball.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1239
"does japan have good players? yes they do
does the mlb have better players? yes they do"

obviously yanks, with that said, one CAN and SHOULD base their prediction for how a player will perform at the next level by how they performed at the previous level. You evaluate college players to predict how good they'll be as a pro, just like when they were finishing high school and scouts evaluated their high school performance to determine who was best.

ur silly :-)

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4680
"im not saying he'll fail completly, but i dont think he'll have the year that everyone is expecting him to have. he may win 15 games and have an ERA under 4.00 or even under 3.50. later in his career once he learns the batters, then yea he could become one of the best pitchers in the game, but he is certainly not one of the best yet. let him prove himself before we all get on his nuts."

your silly for not reading my whole post...what you just said is what i already said previsouly in that post...

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4681
please dont tell me you just read my first two lines...i spent time writing up these paragaph posts

and pit, your still my boy bud

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4682
btw, this is going in my profile since this is the best information ive ever given on here lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1243
dice K makes his fenway debut tonight :-) should be interesting

Gold Member

Post Number: 5497
You guys wanna arm wrestle or something??

I live near Philly. Thank god I'm not a fan of any local sports. Eagles suck, Flyers suck, and the Phillies are 1-6 to start.Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1924
Yanks, don't be ignorant, man. Obviously Cuba had a pretty damn good team to make it to the WBC finals. Not to mention Mexico and Korea both beat the USA team, and Korea beat us very convincingly, 7-3. Are you going to tell me that the US roster wasn't good? Let me remind you who was on it...

Pitchers
22 Roger Clemens
32 Chad Cordero
40 Brian Fuentes
59 Todd Jones
19 Al Leiter
54 Brad Lidge
38 Gary Majewski
36 Joe Nathan
45 Jake Peavy
62 Scot Shields
20 Huston Street
50 Mike Timlin
39 Dan Wheeler
35 Dontrelle Willis

Catchers
8 Michael Barrett
24 Brian Schneider
33 Jason Varitek

Infielders
2 Derek Jeter
10 Chipper Jones
25 Derrek Lee
13 Alex Rodriguez
23 Mark Teixeira
26 Chase Utley
1 Michael Young

Outfielders
18 Johnny Damon
7 Jeff Francoeur
3 Ken Griffey Jr.
5 Matt Holliday
6 Vernon Wells
21 Randy Winn

Looks pretty nasty to me. So how can you talk bad about international baseball when we sent some of our best over seas to get beat on?

Anyways, I know Dice-K didn't face the US, but he faced the team that beat the Domincan Republic, who had an incredible lineup I might add. That lineup included Tejada, Pujols, Ortiz, Soriano, Vlad, and Jose Reyes. Are you gonna tell me the cubans aren't good?

Just because you don't know the names of players on the Cuban squad or the Korean team doesn't mean they are bad.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4683
all i am saying is let the guy pitch a season before we all get on his nuts...obviously hes a good pitcher or else boston wouldve have attempted to get him...he will not come in this season and just blow everyone away and win the cy young hands down. he'll come in and have struggles like everyone else and have a pretty decent year. thats all im saying, i have never put dice-k down in anyway. i just dont think that this year he'll be as great as everyone is saying. as i said above, let him prove himself before we get on his nuts

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11993
all i know is i have to wait til august to see boston play against the angels here. i cant wait. i dont even know if dice k will be pitching in the 3 games that he is here but i am sure he will pitch in one of those games.

he is a big attraction to the asian americans thats for sure. people around here are already talking about it. i bet the games will sell out like crazy.

when chan ho park used to pitch for the los angeles dodgers, there were 30,000 koreans going to see the game.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4684
to add on to what i said above...in baseball or in any sport for that matter, yuo can not measure the skill of a player by how he did against a team and how that team did against another team...the only way to meausre the skill of a player is by seeing how he does against the team he directly played against. in sports baseball specifically, teams have good games and bad games, they dont play their best every single game. for example, the red sox put up 14 runs last nite, they wont put up 14 runs for another month or two most likely. its anyones game in sports as im sure you know.
and i never said the players were bad on cuba, i just said they have no big-name major leaguers on their team. since the mlb is where dice-k is playing now, then he will be playing mlb players each nite. he has very little experience playing in the mlb obivously since hes new.

but down to more facts, players who have come to play in the mlb from japan, most have struggled their first year...for example, hideki matsui aka godzilla, known for homeruns and batting average over in japan, hit .287 with 16 HRs his 'rookie' year in the mlb, but hes bloosomed into a very nice player. Kazou Matsui of COL used to be NYM, came from japan to play in the mlb. he batted .272 his rookie season, .255 in '05, and .200 in '06. another one, Chien Ming Wang of NYY, came from japan to play, he went 8-5 with a 4.02 ERA his rookie year but went an AL high (i believe) 19-6 with a 3.63 ERA.
now of course, their are exceptions like ichrio who hit .350 his rookie year. maybe dice-k will be an exception, who knows, time will tell.
he pitches tonite and will be interesting to see how he does, he may do great, he may struggle, we'll see...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1951
Looked decent tonight... Didn't help that King Felix is the TRUTH!

Wasn't tryin' to be an a*shole, Yanks. I just love arguing, haha.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4686
dont worry about it reece...i was having fun with it man...i love argueing as well...

and my hat is off to felix, he looked very strong tonite, thats a hell of an accomplishment to one-hit the red sox

and dice-k, he looked decent, not great but not bad. give him more time and he'll be good i think

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4693
i was having fun with this thread...i was hoping there was another post i would be able to come back at...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1255
Derek Jeter is the worst shortstop to every take the field.

Joe Torre couldn't manage a phucking checkbook.

Yankee fans are the most spoiled bratty fans in sports history, completely take winning for granted.

Have fun yanks...can ya guess which statement i really meant?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4708
lmao pit...im gonna have to say number 3 is right on...

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3474
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 8976
LMAO....

Red Sox 7....Yankees 6

Here we go RED SOX... here we GO!

Upload

Here's to all the Yankees fans!....LMAO
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 5805
Upload

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4804
yea it was a depressing nite...oh well, im gonna go count world series wins

anyway, its abuot time you win at yuor home stadium against us...last time was may 22 of last year

oh well, congrats on the win,
red sox 1.....yankees 0

Gold Member

Post Number: 5806
Lol Yanks. It's all good.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8979
Screw the past...This is NOW!...and excuses about which field..thats lame!...grass is the same color at BOTH fields!

Red Sox 7....Yankees 6

LMAO.......

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4806
yuor funny LK...we'll see what happens later in the year...

and by the way, we have 2 rookies pitching tomorrow and sunday so our pitching woes will most likely continue...

and excuses about which field? that didnt make sense but ill respond to it the best i can...i was simply pointing out how the yankees have OWNED the red sox at fenway as of lately. way to lose 7 in a row at your home stadium against yuor division rival. thats the way to win the division LMAO....

Gold Member

Post Number: 8980
there U go again...stuck in the Past!...and already making excuses in case the Yankees lose the next 2...rookies do make up parts of ALL teams!...and if they aren't any good, then the Yankees should not have kept them up in the majors!...The yankees made the decision to keep them and PLAY them!...don't make excuses...The Red Sox just came from behind , hammered Rivera, and beat the Yankees!...PLAIN and SIMPLE...now tomorrow is a new game...and screw the past years!...this is 2007 and NOW!!

BTW...its all good, but I hate the Yankees...except when they play a national League team..I dislike the NL even more..

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3736
gusy just rem i mean im the biggest sox fan out there since i grew up right out of boston and have been diehard since i was 10 this is a long season even if we lose every gme to the yanks and win every other game this eason well mke the plys when it really matters nd thats all that matters is if we win there nd if we get there who cares about the reg season oh and i think dice-k is a waste of money hes good but not worth that kind of money could have picked up 2 othe guys for that kind of money but yanks goodluck this season oh btw your going down this year lol

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3737
yankees suck

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3738
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck
yankees suck

lol i hate the mutha fukin yanks nd hope they burn in h$ll

go sox

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12285
man how about them dodgers. they are on a roll. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8988
are the Dodgers still in LA?...LOL...isn't that the "Angels' now, or is that Oakland, Aneheim, or just plain California?...its like the Raiders, Rams, Athletics, Angels and all their sports teams, keep moving all over the place out there.. .LOL...being from the east coast and an American league team fan , we pay little attention to the west coast , especially NL teams...California moves teams more than Dishnet moves channels and transponders.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12288
lol LK. the dodgers are still in los angeles.

the angels never really moved either. they used to be called "california angels". then later changed it to "anaheim angels". now they call themselves "los angeles angel" even though they still play in the city of anaheim. city of anaheim is like 30-40 minute drive from los angeles. lol. but they have always played in anaheim.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1290
Their official name is "The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim"....i remember there was a big dispute about it when the decision was made.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8999
and I remember the LA Rams too!...LOL

Actually I am familar with the Dodgers...I have a very good friend who was drafted and played with them in the 80's and was roomate of Cecil Espy (83) (who I met many times)....yeah we all pounded tons of beers down and chased "chooch"..Cecil is a cool guy...LOL..and my bud "Tony" is a beer drinking doctor, playing softball and baseball coach at Dartmouth .. .and I been to Dodgertown in Vero Beach many times..

Gold Member

Post Number: 9013
LMAO again...I LOVE IT!

Game 2

Red Sox 7...Yankees 5

here we Go RED SOX....here we GO!

Upload

Upload

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4821
pitching woes continue...

Gold Member

Post Number: 5833
There was a game on??

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 903
I predict that Dice-K gets drilled tonight by the Yankees.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2103
I hope not... that b*stard is on my fantasy squad... anyways ATLANTA BRAVES FTW! they have a better record than both your beloved teams...

Gold Member

Post Number: 9040
Can U say S W E E P !!!!!!!....LMAO!

Game 3 tonight....Red Sox 7...Yankees 6
Game 2 Saturday.......Sox 7...Yankees 5
Game 1 Friday.........Sox 7...Yankees 6

Games Back behind the Sox ....Yankees 4

Here we go RED SOX....here we GO! ,,,all together now!....Here we go RED SOX...here we GO!

Red Sox hit 4 CONSECUTIVE homeruns ( Rivera, Drew, Lowell, Varitek) in 3rd inning!...tying a major league record..

Can U say Dice-K and Papelbon!....LOL

This is for you George!...LMAO!
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1295
yanks is probably curled up in a ball crying.

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2254
HaHa!

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 913
Well I was semi-right. Douche K didn't neccesarily get "drilled" but he got hit hard and froze a couple guys into looking at third strikes. Take away those 4 homers in a row and it wasn't even a close game. If you noticed on all four, Nieves was putting the glove down way low indicating he wanted the pitch almost in the dirt, and three of the four Wright hung up high and got hammered. The ball Lowell hit was thrown where Nieves wanted it but Lowell reached down and golfed it out of there. That was a moonshot.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9063
take away the yankees or red sox, runs and the game wasn't even close!...thats just a briliant statement...lol...that fact is, U can't take away anything...the game was the game...and the SWEEP was a SWEEP..

and Dice K kept the game close enough for the Sox to win..Dice K gets the "W" in his first start in Fenway, AND in the biggest rivalry in baseball against the yanks!...don't try to take anything away from Dice K or the Sox..The yankees got spanked in 3 straight games, plain and simple!

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 917
It is an accurate statement because those 4 homers were a fluke. Dice K gave up 8 hits and 6 earned runs in seven innings, that's not exactly "keeping it close enough". And I am not a Yankees fan at all or trying to take anything away from the Sox, I picked them to win that division.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4833
"Dice K gets the "W" in his first start in Fenway"

are you retarded? thats his second start at fenway bud

also, to say the yankees got "spanked"...go look at the scores...since when were one run and two run games considered "spanking"...go learn math

heres some math for you...taking account 162 games a year played, with 14 AL teams, and 43 years (1964-2007) averaging 9 innings a game...comes out to a rough 877,716 innings pitched in the AL since 1964...in 1964, that was the last year that there has ever been back to back to back to back homeruns in ANY AL game...the chances of that happening to any team is astronomically small...it happened last nite to a young(rookie) pitcher who started the game fairly well.

thank you brad, im glad someone can see that 7 innings pitched giving up 8 hits and 6 earned runs isnt good.

"Red Sox hit 4 CONSECUTIVE homeruns ( Rivera, Drew, Lowell, Varitek) in 3rd inning!...tying a major league record.. "

who the hell is rivera? LOL, you mean manny ramirez...learn your team yuor arguing for

also, yuo guys pitched yuor studs, schilling who got shelled, beckett who had an alrite game, and dice-k who was less than stunning.
us, we pitched andy pettite who pitched decently, not his best, not his worst. and we pitched 1 rookie by the name of chase wright who had only pitched 5 innings before last nite in the big leagues. and another very young player by the name of jeff karstens who had pitched in only 8 games previously to this nite

another fact, we missed matsui and posada the entire series. 2 very key players for us. not too mention the pitchers again, pavano, mussina, and wang are hurt.

im not making excuses for getting sweeped becuase that is unacceptable but look st facts before going off and saying that the yankees suck...yuo barely beat a team missing 3 pitchers and 2 key players...looks very promising when you guys play our real team lol

to wrap it all up, we meet yet again this weekend at yankee stadium. i believe it will be very different.

now please go learn the facts of yuor team before argueing again

Gold Member

Post Number: 9084
there u go again...living in the past...and I do know my Red Sox!...OK, U know I meant Manny Rameriz (crucify me for thinking about rivera) ...if thats your best shot, its lame!

BTW...YEAH DICE K DID KEEP IT CLOSE ENOUGH TO WIN..CAUSE THEY DID!...THE FACTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES...AND THER u GO AGAIN WHINING ABOUT INJURIES AND MAKING EXCUSES...AND GETTING BEAT 3 OUT OF 3 IS A SPANKING!

and..pull your head out, before u speak!

Fenway Park feels a little more like home.
Daisuke Matsuzaka came away from his first Yankees-Red Sox matchup with his FIRST victory in front of the home fans.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9085
I'm done with U...a typical whining yankee baby!..and more excuses than a 14 yr old pregnant girl!

I was just trying to have some rivalry fun, but U are too much a typical Yankee whiner!...and fukc the Jets and Giants too!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4841
first off...i came off harsh by calling you a retard and whatnot, sorry abuot that

but back to the arguement, the reason i went to the past is to show you how astronomically small the percentage is of having back to back to back to back homeruns. i cant even comprehend it.

and i said, im not making excuses cause its unacceptbable to lose 3 in a row but lets be serious abuot the injuries, if the red sox were missing 3 of their best starters and 2 key players in the field, you would be making the exact same statements that i am right now...

and honestly, i was not impressed ith dice-k at all...against the yankees, he looked like an above average pitcher...not a god

also i think its funny how your so prooud of your team putting up 7 runs against our inexperienced pitchers while we put up 5-6 each nite against your best...ill leave it at that

Gold Member

Post Number: 5879
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 6989
Cheers Paul.

Tip a pint, lads.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5892
Indeed.Upload

Gold Member

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3740
but yanks fan thats how baseball goes look at us at the end of last year everyone got hurt and we died. so injuries are no excuse its a long season im sure well lose some key players at some point also and the whole thing with the pitchers thats a team problem which is still your team we didnt put them up there so a games a games a game and dice-k i told you is not all that great hes ok will he win 17 games this year yes is he amazing i dont think so. and for the 4 hr's its baseball nothing is a fluke nothing is predicted and f ur a rs fan or a yankee fan you should know that by now 04 alcs should prove that buckner should prove that come on guys its baseball things happen if those 4 hr's cme at diff times would u b complaining as much i dont think so, so just give it up the games are played and over with

oh yes nd the yankees suck

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4843
"and i said, im not making excuses cause its unacceptbable to lose 3 in a row but lets be serious abuot the injuries, if the red sox were missing 3 of their best starters and 2 key players in the field, you would be making the exact same statements that i am right now... "

quote from my post above...im just saying dont be too happy by beating us this weekend...as charlie said above, anything can happen on any nite

Gold Member

Post Number: 9096
"quote from my post above...im just saying dont be too happy by beating us this weekend...as charlie said above, anything can happen on any nite"

I guess we should be bummed out (and not too happy) that our team the Red Sox, SWEPT the yankees..I'll have to remember that logic..makes alot of sense..so whenever the yankees lose, U should be extemely happy..

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4846
never said dont be happy...you guys are acting like yuo just won the world series or something...its a sweep in april against the yanks. of course yuor gonna be happy, just dont get a b0ner over it since theres 150+ games left for each team...its a long season

Gold Member

Post Number: 9107
yes its a long season...but U must stop and smell the roses along the way!...LMAO...the daily games and excitement is more important to me than the final standings...thats just icing on the cake...enjoy the journey, its the best part!

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4850
thats fine...stop and smell them and tell me how they smell cause right now, i havent smelled them in a while lol

hopefullly ill be spelling them this weekend

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1225
dont you feel special that a thread with your name the title has lasted this long yanks?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4852
i feel very honored capps

Gold Member

Post Number: 9154
Yanks continue to tumble...hell, even Tampa Bay which is the cheapest and youngest team in baseball has a better record!...LOL

but this here is the best rivalry in baseball!

Upload

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4883
phillip hughes is on the mound for us tonite...lets see what the youngin' can do for us

Silver Member

San Diego

Post Number: 983
Phil Hughes is a future superstar but Toronto is not the easiest team to pitch your first major league game against. This kid tore up the minors the last few years.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4886
obvisouly not the greatest start but i give the kid credit...he pitched pretty well for his MLB debut against a strong offense

Gold Member

Post Number: 2209
How can you say that he pitched well and then say dice k did terrible? given dice k is more experienced, but the way you talked about the WBC you would think dice k never pitched against anyone better than minor leaguers... look at this... hughes pitched 4 inches and gave up 4 runs walked 3 and gave up 7 hits... dice k pitch 7 innings with a better ERA more k's and he faced what's supposedly the best lineup in baseball (regardless or matsui being in the lineup)...

Gold Member

Post Number: 9171
last night..

Yankees lose again, and get shut out by Toronto...and have the worse record in their division.

Red Sox win again...and remain the leaders of their division (same as yankees division, AL EAST)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us