Need help from all of you!

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4996
As some of you know, I am a turtle farmer. We have been fighting tooth and nail to get the market open here in the US for 10yrs! We have scientifically proven methods to produce a clean safe baby turtle for the US market. (LSU, Southern Miss and other colleges have been helping us)

We have been getting screwed over by the China market for the last few years and quite a few farmers have been forced to declare bankruptcy. For the last few years, we have only been able clear ~3 to 6 CENTS per turtle!

I need everyone that can to vote on an online pole to allow us turtle farmers to sell our turtle in the US. (Turtles are possibly one of the only things farmed legally in the US, but not allowed to be sold!)

If you are willing to help me out, please email me ASAP!!!

marshall_white2004@yahoo.com

Thank you!

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4706
why can't you sell turtles? here that's way legal, you can sell everything. They should be sold to anyone, nice lil creatures, my favorite animal BTW.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 3160
You're not eating the turtles are you?

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1877
That's exactly what I was going to ask Marshall. Are they for pets or do people kill them for the shells and meat after they get big? If they are for pets I am down for signing the petition.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5001
NO...not for food. For pets.

Right now is is illegal to sell a turtle under 4" across in the US. We have developed methods to produce clean, safe pets...you are actually more likely to catch something from your dog or salad than a turtle!

I have raised turtles all my life...literally. I'm 21 now and my family has been farming for 16years!

They make great pets...easier to care for than a dog, snake, or such.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7462
I saw pics of your farm awhile back. Curious as well.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7463
I want one.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5002
Also, we plan on offering a "Return to the homestead" kinda policy.

If you buy a turtle and later deside you no longer want it (ex: it gets a lil bigger or your children loose interest). You can just return it to a pet store and they will ship the turtle back to us.

We have protected ponds for the turtles if they are returned. These ponds are right next to the ponds we originally dig the eggs on. (complete w/ sandy banks and water grass)

Any returned turtles will be placed in these protected ponds and fed daily.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1879
In that case... you got mail. Those shells are awesome by the way.

Silver Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

Formerly known as Wolf...

Post Number: 119
Canaan, I heard the reason they quit allowing turtle selling was because they can carry some sort of disease, and that though things are better there is no 100% guarantee that they still won't carry that disease. Not trying to rain on your parade or anything, just repeating what I heard.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7467
Email sent.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 14070
I don't think that is the point Wolfman. The turtles being sold coming from China is allowed, but domestic turtles are not allowed to be sold here.

Even the ones coming from China are not guaranteed to be free of disease/salmonella, etc., Canaan's turtles are safer.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5601
with how much money i can get like 2-4??? like around 20 bucks shipped?

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 555
Email Sent
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us