Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 845
Depending on how powerfull it is, yes.

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Tennessee

Post Number: 564
Not an armored truck window as they are BB proof. ha ha.
I shot out one of my moms 4x8 windows with a single pump BB gun from 100' away. Shattered! As was my azz.

Silver Member
Username: Mrskullz1

Brooklyn, New York

Post Number: 554
and exactly why would u like to kno eh??

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4491
yes it will because auto glass is tempered and when you break the surface pressure (shoot it with a BB) it will shatter.

Silver Member

Tennessee

Post Number: 570
especially if hit in the corner... right?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4492
i think just anywhere in general, i would aim for the center though. i would also advise to not actually do this as its stupid.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9752
What a STUPID fukc*ing thread!

Gold Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 1091
i was just curious because some kid said he was gonna shoot my dads truck window out. He did and it worked lol. But i smacked him around (not beat up) which i didnt want to do since he was a little smaller then me

Gold Member

Post Number: 9780
I would have taken his gun and shot the kid in the azz!...and it wouldn't have been the first time!...lol...it stings, but no serious injuries to his azz!

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1595
LOL what did you think, it was going to bounce off the window? A pellet gun will drop a window real quick, because the pellet flattens out and has more surface area. But don't do it because if I catch you -- you will have a pellet gun permanantly lodged in your ass.

One time I was driving to my moms house out in the country and I spot this kid (prolly 16-17) shooting birds out of trees randomly. I pulled over and asked him why he was doing it. He said "fuck you". Wrong answer. I grabbed his bb gun and shot him right in the neck and then broke it over my leg and gave it back to him. He just stood there stunned holding his bleeding neck and broken gun. Safe to say he will never do that again

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu..., See my KRAZY... USA

Post Number: 3144
Brad, you know he could have called the cops and had you charged with assault, and what difference does ti make if he was shooting birds, big deal

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1597
What's the big deal? First of all he was on my mom's property. Second, he was shooting bird after bird (I saw him kill at least 10 before I got to him) that come for the feeders she set up, Third he was a little smart-mouthed prick when I asked him nicely what the hell he was doing there. and he pointed the gun at me like he was going to shoot me too. And fourth, yeah he could have probably called the cops, but he had no idea who I was or where I went.

Are you one of those guys that gets a stiffie from killing defenseless little creatures Wolfman? Wouldn't surprise me at all...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 2891
While I can see how you would be p!ssed, wolfman's right you could have got arrested for that, even if he was on your property. (unless you were in Texas maybe, lol)

Gold Member

Post Number: 9783
New law, last year...In Florida, if U are in fear for your own safety and life, U have the right to KILL the other person ANYPLACE!...and do NOT have to try and run or evade!...I would consider a 16-17 kid pointing a gun at me as a threat and would have done the same as Brad! ...and nobody messes with my family or our property!...hopefully that kid will have learned a lesson!...Good going Brad!.

Silver Member

Tennessee

Post Number: 573
Key word is KILL though. Sure if u feel seriously threatened u can kill someone there, but if you dont KILL them, u open urself to lawsuits. Here, in TN, when I got my carry permit, the instructor told me, shoot to kill. Dont wound. Lawsuits. Its a crazy world wheresomeone can break in to ur house and u shoot them in the gut, only to wound them, then u get sued. CRAZY!!!

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 644
Conversely in the law, a guy in California broke into someones house while they were on vacation. Somehow, he got locked in the garage, and was unable to get out. He sued the homeowner for negligence and won.

And as far as self defense, it does have its limits. If someone is getting ready to take a swing at you, you don't automatically have the right to shoot him in the head for example.

In this case, with trespassing and animal cruelty involved, as well as self defense, its hard to say what the cops (and or jury) would do/say.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7083
Or the burglar who fell through a skylight and sued. If they can't steal it from ya, they try and sue it out of you.

My auto insurance sent me a notice of what to watch for involving insurance scams. A popular one involves three cars. Two to pin you in and the one in front who randomly locks his brakes causing you to slam him. He cries injuries and cashes a check. But just how do you prevent that?

Silver Member

Tennessee

Post Number: 574
Yeah, here in TN, u cant shoot someone if they come at you with a stick, has to be deadly force. Of course interpretation is key. In Fla, now u can shoot someone if there is even serious intent. If I read it right.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9809
U read it right!...Florida is screwy in many ways, but that particular law makes sense..if U feel that u are in immediate life threatening danger at ANY place, U have the right to use a gun or ANY force necessary to stop that perpetrator..

and California, sounds pretty fu*cked up to me to award damages to a burglar...I would have kicked his azz, AFTER his "negigence" suit!...a dark alley and a tire iron across the knees, works well..glad I don't live there..

Silver Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 645
The Florida measure says any person "has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm."

The key here is "reasonably", and that is open to some interpretation.

Silver Member

Tennessee

Post Number: 576
I hear ya, its not just Cali, its many states. Thats why if u come home and there is someone in ur house, laid out on the floor hurt by a fall or locked in ur garage... "pow pow" two to the head. Or if outside, close to the home. Just drag them in. lol
I am all about protecting yourself and your family. ESPECIALLY at home.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9811
Sounds like Clinton talk (describe sex)...lol...the statue is very obvious, along with the intentions..U can debate any word all u want..

Silver Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 647
LK: You might keep in mind that Clinton was an accomplished attorney.

While you feel the statute is obvious to you, the courts get to decide what a *reasonable person* would feel is eminent danger. They decide where the line is drawn. While it is obvious in some cases what is correct and what is incorrect, there are many shades of gray in there.

Silver Member

Tennessee

Post Number: 578
But Fla is much more lax on the subject.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 7089
I like B(.)(.)BIES.

Silver Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 649
Not all Floridians are conservative, nor are all of their judges. In any event, like I said, its not about the clear cut cases ("that 10 year old was coming at me, and I just had to shoot him"), its about those shades of gray.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us