Bringing my dog to vet and...

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2459
Was Driving down a dark country road about 11:00 pm Saturday night when I see 2 red lights in the distance. Im thinking its a tractor trailer turning around or something cause the lights were kinda high off the road. Wierd place for a truck to turn to cause its just a 2 lane road. So I slow down cause its not moving, and as I get closer I see its a pick-up, On its roof !. Im stop, Call 911 and go over to the truck. The front end is missing, theres a tire in the road, And I see somebody twisted up inside. I call out, no reply... I look around the side of the woods, half expecting to see someone thrown out of the truck. So I bend down and look in the drivers window, and this guy is all squished up in the wreckage. I watch his side/gut looking for movement, but there was none. Im like Where TF is the EMTs, Police???? So I grab the drivers door and yank it open and the guys legs fall out onto the road, yea, there still atached. Then I see the guy grasp for air and take a deep breath. I couldnt belive this dude was alive. Being able to streatch out helped him breath.. So I stand back and look at the tree he hit. from the ground up to about 7' all the bark was gone. This guy must have hit the tree doing 60-70, head on, flipped and stopped all in about 10 feet. Anyway the cops and emt start showing up, Next thing I see is the dude wake up, crawl out of the wreckage and stand up. I was shocked. I thought the dude was dead when I got there. Empty beer cans all over the road.. I get in my car and carry on to the vet.

Long story short. My dogs got Lyme disease.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9708
Did the guy have ticks?

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6956
Is there a creme for that?

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 4486
why were you taking your dog to the vet at 11pm saturday night?

and interesting story, that guy is lucky.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 2472
Poor dog was in agony. Lyme disease causes the joints to get painfull. Bacteria builds up in em. Poor dog was running around panting, yelping, limping on its legs. Had to do something so 24 hour vet trip for pain meds.
And yea he was lucky. Im glad the drunk hit the tree. I would have passed him in the opposite direction within the next 30-50 seconds. He could have just as easily veered in to me and killed me and my dog.
Drunk Driving FTL

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9716
A 24 hr vet in Southie...for a NON Emergency?....never heard of that, Except ONLY for Emergencies with Emergency room prices!...like the SPCA..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us