Any country music listeners here?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 13216
started listening to some and they are cool.

what is the difference between progressive country music and regular country music?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

2 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 11610
so Mr. Lee is now broadening his horizons

try listening to some Shania Twain , Dixie Chicks & LeAnn Rimes , Little Texas , Rascal Flats & maybe some old Kenny Rogers & Willie Nelson

- i like the contry\pop crossover artists not really much into the pure country "yodel-li-he-hoo" kinda stuff ......

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7453
what is the difference between progressive country music and regular country music?

Regular Country bemoans the death of a dog, the loss of a job and the leaving of a wife from the marital home.

Progressive is mostly the same, cept'n the boyfriend leaves the home.
Progressive enough?

Silver Member
Username: Stefanom

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 622
I listen to some country, in the order of Kenny Chesney, Garth Brooks, etc. Basically, its the stuff that thirty years ago would have been called rock or southern rock, but now they call country because the singers have a southern twang. As for progressive country, I dunno.

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10107
I listen to a lot of country Chad, it is my favorite:-) Brad Paisley,Toby Keith,Kenny Chesney,Tim Mcgraw,Montgomery Gentry, Billy Currington,Rascal Flatts,Faith Hill, Shania Twain, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings,Jonny Cash, DAvid Allen Coe,ect.... just to name a few:-)

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5209
so you basically listening a song made from the death of a dog or someone who is so stupid enough to lose their job.

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10109
it's the only music that makes sense! It's for real not just some dumb moron pretending he can rap! Every country song tells a story, and thats what I enjoy. Name me one rap song that has ever broguht a tear to your eye? I rest my case!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5214
dude im not saying that country is crap or s h i t like that the guy posted this info and i dont know about country i know about rap but to be honest i dont fully like 100% rap i think theres 85% of the rappers are noobs and stupid people.

and anyway there isnt a song that never brought a tear to my eye..... maybe when i was alil kid but no right now.. and if you cry because of a song you migtth have a f@g inside..

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10110
ok tough guy!

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6987
^^^Way too young to understand. Come back in ten years, you'll have plenty to cry about.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6988
^^^To the "Kingrob".

Gold Member

Post Number: 5217
for you information paul i will never marry a girl only live with her and thats it,(im living with one now and having a kid) i know i will cry or i cried before but hey not with just listening to a song..

Gold Member

Post Number: 5218
and not for a song from a dead dog and some idiot who lost his job

Gold Member

Post Number: 6990
So how long do you plan to live with your "nonwife"? Do you plan to "jet" when it gets too thick? Buckle down son and be responsible. Think about the kid.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5223
no my friend. im bein responsible i took her out of her job i took her to live with me and i. and we both will raise the kid. i will never leave my kid and hes first than me or any other person.

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10112
EXACTLY!^ Coming from two guys that have kids and have dedicated our lives to being good parents(me and Paul) I really hope that you arnt gonna be just another dead beat dad! Be everything to your kid that your parents wernt to you and more. Not every song is about a dog Rob, how about this one. A man is stuck in a storm trying to make a living for his family. He can't make it back to see his pregnant wife off to the hospital who is 9 months pregnant with their new child. In the hospital something goes terribly wrong and the wife and the child both don't make it, now he is stuck living witht eh fact that he could not be there to see his wife's last breath or to welcome their new child into the world. Now I just used this as an example of some sad SH!T that happens in real life. Thats what Country music is, songs representing peoples actual lives, the good and the bad!

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10113
glad to hear that Rob, two thumbs up to you man! seriously! it takes a boy to get a girl pregnant, it takes a man to raise a child. I just got a whole new respect for you my friend:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 5224
plus my kid have a bigger jonshon that all of you..

Upload

see the line??? thats wat the doctor put to show his balls and weiner. he is trully like his father and he was 4 months when that picture was taken..

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10114
hahaha

Gold Member

Post Number: 6992
Like a quote from one of my favorite movies. "Any fool with a d1ck can be a father. It takes a real man to be a father to his son."

Don't be the fool.

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10115
Boy's in the hood^ lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 5227
ahah yeah thats a cool quote

Gold Member

Post Number: 6996
One of my favorite movies.

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 13260
i started listening to country ever since i got the xm radio. i really like it. it sounds clean.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1350
I started listening at my job because thats what the other guy in the warehouse listens to and I used to hate it but I actually dont mind it now. Rascal Flatts have a song called backwards and I think it's really funny. If you think country music is all about a dog dying and a guy havin his wife leave him, download it, for reals

Gold Member

Post Number: 5258
well dude i dont listen to it mostly but soem dude posted here that country is that all abotu so i dont know man

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1351
I only listen to it at work and it isn't that bad but when I'm away from work I listen to screamo and hard stuff. check out backwards though

Gold Member

Post Number: 5261
well id otn listen to rock, except metal from back in the day like metallica rammstein and marilin manso and slayer and thats it but is rare when i hear them country?? i really never listen to it well i dont have a single song from them out of my 53 gb of music collection

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2452
I like Rascal Flatts :-) and interested in finding more good country. Can anyone recommend some songs instead of singers?

Silver Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 625
Mountains by Lonestar

Beer In Mexico, Young, The Good Stuff, She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy by Kenny Chesney

She's In Love With A Boy by Trisha Yearwood

Last Dollar by Tim McGraw

Ladies Love Country Boys by Trace Adkins

The Gambler By Kenny Rogers

Hotel California, Desperado, Take It Easy, Tequila Sunrise, New Kid In Town by The Eagles (though technically they are rock, country has claimed them as well)

Free Bird, Sweet Home Alabama, Three Steps, Saturday Night Special by Lynyrd Skynyrd (again, technically rock, but claimed by country)

Friends In Low Places, Two Pina Coladas, Much Too Young To Feel This Damned Old, The Night I Called The Old Man Out by Garth Brooks

And no, they aren't all about the dog dying.

Silver Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 626
Ohh and uhh "I'll Never Smoke Weed With Willie Again" by Toby Keith.

Silver Member
Username: Donnie1973

Tennessee

Post Number: 563
Beer for my horses- Willie and Tobey
Any Conway song!
Back Where I Come From- Kenny
Gambler, Coward of The County- Kenny Rogers
WAY too many to list

Stephen, thats a FUNNY song!!

Silver Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 629
Damn right it is! I'm not sure his dog died in it either, although it doesn't really mention what caused him to smoke weed in the first place....

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9734
In the 70's I was never a country fan and actually hated it, but loved Skynyrd, Eagles, Charlie Daniels, Leon Russell, the Dead, Kris Kristofferson...but in time, "country" has changed so much that now I actually like some of it, like Willie Nelson, Rascall Flatts, George Strait ( have a buddy who's his bass player...Jake Willemain from Chicopee Massachusetts), and all my old favorite "Southern" rockers are considered "country"..hell even Stevie Ray Vaughn is considered "country" in many circles... I know one thing, I'll take "country" over rap or hip hop, ANYDAY!...I hate ebonics!...and screw a bunch of wannabee street gangsta's, who really need to meet some of the "Family" boys in NY, Providence and Boston and throughout New England..

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 13277
kingrob.....do you listen to corridos sometimes? i do. i actually like the bass.

Silver Member

Tennessee

Post Number: 569
Willie started smokin when a dime bag... was a dime. Quoted from Half-Baked

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10119
good directions, my front porch looking in, my old friend,(anything by Tim Mcgraw), beer for my horses, what happens in Mexico, ticks, mud on my tires, red white and blue, the gambler, there are so many! Country is a acquired taste but once you start liking it you find yourself listening to it more and more. Like I said, it's the only music that actually makes sense.

Silver Member

Tennessee

Post Number: 571
I wouldnt say the ONLY music to make sense...
Motley Crue- Same Old Situation, lol
Poison- Something to Believe in
Catching an 80's theme here? lol
There are sooo many genres that do, I find myself listening to Country more and more. Oh, Matchbox 20, Dave Mathews Band, Walflowers, are the ones who got me out of the 80's.
Nickleback rocks!! Reminds me of the 80's. The guitar. Then you've got James Taylor. Music is definately food for the soul! I like it all. Well... rap and hiphop can lick my nutz.

Silver Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 635
"I wouldnt say the ONLY music to make sense... "

Indeed. Lots of songs tell stories. Heck, I'm listening to Quadrophenia by The Who right now. Thats a double CD devoted to a single story. I'd also wager its one that a lot of folks in their late teens to early twenties could relate to.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9751
Roger Daltry Rocks!...seen them 10x and heard them a million!...almost as good as the Stones or the Dead!

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 13287
my favorite are carrie underwood and leanne rimes.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7010
Carrie's my girl.

The prettiest/natural Idol winner to date.

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10120
I think faith hill is gorgeous, and kelly pickler isnt to shabby either:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 9773
I'll pass on pickler...I think she's a skan*k..but we all see things thru different eyes..

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1602
Well -- I have been touring with various country bands for years now (not by choice) so I have heard and seen live almost all the major acts. I wouldn't say I am a huge fan but I do respect the following alot, they are really talented people and I enjoy their music when I feel like listening to something more calming than my usual death and black metal:

Shooter Jennings
LeAnn Rimes
Diamond Rio
Gretchen Wilson
Dixie Chicks
Willie Nelson
Brad Paisley
Gary Allan
Big and Rich
Montgomery Gentry
Lonestar
Rascal Flatts
George Strait
Little Texas
Keith Urban
Travis Tritt
Brady Seals

I do have to mention that some of these guys like Tim McGraw, Toby Keith, Kenny Chesney, Trace Adkins and Dierks Bentley are way overrated hacks.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1603
One of the greatest country songs of all time.

Willie and Waylon singing Townes Van Zandt's classic song Pancho and Lefty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj8rYZY6KgQ

To get the full effect it must be played at high levels.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3771
country is good but the songs like she thinks my tractors sexy is awful imo. its like backwoods ignorance lol

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 414
"she thinks my tractors sexy is awful"

HA HA HA.... I was Chillin wit this girl and she played that, WACKEST SONG EVA...I heard one Country Drinkin song about gettin drunk, dunno the name but i didnt think it was that bad

Any one know the name and stuff

Silver Member

Tennessee

Post Number: 579
"I was drunk the day my mom got outta prison"
lol
"You dont have to call me darlin" is the name.
David Allen Coe

Silver Member

Vienna, VA United States

Post Number: 651
Beer Run.

Silver Member
Username: Jmh2004

P. A., Texas

Post Number: 102
chad you listen to corridos right? you should get "le compre la muerte a mi hijo" by beto quintanilla (rip) its has real good bass and is a great corrido.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7125
I like Toby Keith, beer for my horses is alright. Yes I actually listened to Garth too, until he cheated on his wife. I don't respect that. Even if it was with Trisha. Personally I think the chicks, sorry (females) into country music are d@mn finer than any other genre. Hands down.

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1649
You got that right Paul... why do you think I have been touring with these hillbilly fucks for so long?

Motley Crue, AC/DC, Van Halen, Poison type bands are a very close second. The girls that go to those shows are stellar.

Give a listen to that Willie and Waylon song I posted a few posts up Paul.... a truly great song regardless of genre.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7134
Yeah, I liked it.

My brother lives in Georgia. Sometimes I envy him.

Silver Member
Username: Dakangofkrunk16

Post Number: 431
Toby Keith - Get Drunk and BE somebody..Found the Song..Yea in the vid 4 this soooo many fine Bitch3s
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us