THX sound system on Ebay one day left!

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3799
This is no joke someone is sailing a THX 3417 crossover monitor.

So far the bid up to $520.78 dollars.

Good luck to the lucky bidder in the USA that is a real gem.

Upload

http://cgi.ebay.com/LUCASFILM-THX-MONITOR-CROSSOVER-Rare_W0QQitemZ260117665633QQihZ016QQcategoryZ4791QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6840
What other equipment is needed to use one of these? Is it a plug and play device or does it need to be paired up with other equipment? I see ppl trying to hook it up to their tv's.

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3800
Well I trust you looked at the page on Ebay? And you would have noticed the rear panel of the unit. Its not that simple but its no different than any other x-crossover, except the design of this one is patented.

You'll need to figure out where the connectors go on the rear (THX 3417) so you have inputs coming from the AVR or AVP going to its inputs Left Centre Right Surround Left Surround Right and Subwoofer.

Note its got inputs and outputs for Left centre and Right centre these channels won't be needed as you don't have the Left centre Right centre loudspeakers.

If you note the fader on the unit, that would be the only thing you'll need to fade the sound up or down from 1 to 10 mark 7 would be the reference level setting in the cinema for the calibrated 85db.

In the home you might have the amplifiers set for an optimum 75db or maybe 85db.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6842
Check out some of the vids of my HT sub in the other thread. Some are dark. I can always take some more.

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3801
Yes why not. But I was doing some research on THX crossover Tom Holman and then I see Ebay THX sound system and think oh other home version, clicked on the link. WTF!

This unit is only supposed to be leased to cinemas not for sale! Well like I said some lucky devil in the USA is going to be very pleased when that turns up sometime during his week.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6844
Dang! And I only have $43 in my paypal.

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3802
LOL, well I was kinder tempted to get on Ebay, but I said last time I'd never use Ebay not with my account details. And besides my overdraft is -£50.00 at the moment and I need to bring that back up into credit next week.

Besides there's plenty of the (THX 3417) crossover monitors going around worldwide so don't worry, it's not the end of the world.

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3803
But it is the real McCoy, just to think the last time I placed my hands on the (THX 3417) was at a cinema near Liverpool, it was VUE cinema formerly Warner Bros Village cinemas my old employers who I worked from back in 1998, only I was at the Bristol site and that complex didn't even have the THX 3417 installed at that site except the Warner West End at Leicester square in two screens.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us