Prince Harry to serve or not to serve?

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3752
Upload

I think he should dig in with his squid in Iraq if he doesn't he shows the world what a coward he his to his country, it's his duty to serve. It's not the decision of others it's his decision alone.

I think the government has lost there bottle not to send him and why would the Ministry of Defence announce it it's suppose to be a secret. I think the whole matter has been blow out of proportions now its no longer a big secret.

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3754
The talk on BBC Radio 2, says that his reputation as a soldier may now be damaged.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9553
I'm from the US, so I don't follow this too much...but its my understanding that he is a very good soldier and wants to serve...but because his status as a "prince" and possibly the "king" someday, its best to keep him out of harms way...which makes sense to me, since the UK has the traditional family echelon hierarchy...just like in the US, we have the "sole surviving" son rule/deferment with regards to our military..

Silver Member
Username: Shane24

Post Number: 200
He should definately serve his country in battle, after all he is royal blood... and its his decision in doing so....

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9584
Its NOT his decision...he doesn't run or own the country..he's not the Queen or prime minister!...and his presence would DEFINITELY place a HUGE TARGET on his fellow troops serving with him in Iraq..putting THEM more in harms way than they already will be....that would have been like an Iraqi squad "hanging out" with Saddam as the US and allies invaded...not a smart or safe idea..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us