NFL Draft

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12451
can't believe quinn was 22nd pick in the draft. damn i thought he was gonna go to miami. damn man.

anyways raiders got jamarcus russell. i see playoff for raiders next year. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago What the phu...

Post Number: 1315
wouldn't be that crazy actually, their offense was SOOOO pitiful this past season that people didn't notice that their defense was actually like top 5 in the league i think. If Jamarcus has a good rookie year, and the rest of the offense steps it up a lil, they could make it.

I won't be placing any bets on it though :-)

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4899
number 3 defense in the league for the raiders

jamarcus can throw the long ball and thats exactly what randy loves...thats all culpeper could throw and moss made him look like a god. russel and moss could be quite the tandum this year, itll be interesting to watch them play together.

im surprised the cowboys didnt consider drafting brady quinn considering they are leaving the hands of the franchise in romo's hands and who knows what hell do next year.

Silver Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 869
im pretty happy with my brownies, an awsome QB and an awsome lineman to guard him :-) i am also suprised the dolphins passed on him, but my buckeye got picked #9 hahaha, i was also suprised the cowboys didnt grab quinn

Silver Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 870
"jamarcus can throw the long ball and thats exactly what randy loves"

did u see that clip of jamarcus russel throwin the ball 65 yards from his knees? now that is power haha, but playoffs chad? dont get your hopes up lol

oh and randy moss prolly wont play for the raiders this year, he is most likely goin to be traded but if he stayed thatd be a nice qb/wr setup,but playoffs chad? dont get your hopes up lol

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4902
"oh and randy moss prolly wont play for the raiders this year, he is most likely goin to be traded but if he stayed thatd be a nice qb/wr setup,but playoffs chad? dont get your hopes up lol"

i disagree...he may act like a b1tch but you gotta give the guy credit, hes a hell of a receiver. the reason hes been failing in OAK is cause they havent had a QB who can accuratly throw the deep ball to him. culpeper was good at throwing the deep ball to him in MIN and russell is good at throwing the deep ball so if they were smart, they would keep moss so they have the deep threat. not to mention they have jerry porter on the other side of the field to throw to as well. and they very well could have a relatively nice year, maybe not playoff worthy but defintly a big improvement upon this year

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12453
i don't know yanks. he might be going to greenbay next year. that is if the price is right. the patriots also showed some interest in moss.

but you never know. new coach and new QB, moss might stay.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9203
Bill Belichick will never put up with Moss!....he's seen his best days already!

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12455
yeah true. he's been a second rate wr for the past 3 years.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1014
My g/f is close friends with Brady Quinn and she talked to him today and said he was "crushed that he didn't go way earlier but happy he ended up in his hometown".

I am fairly happy with my Chargers draft so far, we addressed three immediate needs (WR with size and speed, shut-down Safety, and a physical LB). It might look on the surface like the Bears raped us with the picks we gave them to move up and grab Weddle, but the fact is that this team doesn't have alot of room on the roster for rookies that won't have an impact and we only have a few holes to fill. Weddle was the last "ready-to-start" DB on the board and AJ did what he had to do to move up and get him. I learned a long time ago not to doubt AJ and I trust he knew what he was doing once again.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4906
honestly, i think moss shuold stay. given the new qb and coach i think moss fits in nicely there now. the reason hes "past his days" is cause he doesnt have a qb who can throw it to him. look back at OAK's QB's...no one very good, and no one who can throw the deep ball like russell. i think russell and moss could be a dangerous QB-WR combo becuase of the deep threat.
and moss will never play in NE...GB is a possibility but i think his best chance to do good is with jamarcus russell

Gold Member

Post Number: 1317
"jamarcus can throw the long ball and thats exactly what randy loves...thats all culpeper could throw and moss made him look like a god."

I disagree about culpepper, yanks you set me up to bring up one of my favorite sports facts!!! Think of all the great QB's in NFL history...Montana, Young, Elway, Marino, Manning, Brady...so many more...now consider this stat, Culpepper's career completion percentage is the 3rd best ALL TIME!!!! no one believes me when i say that :-) it's true though.

I don't care who he had on his team, what receivers, that doesn't happen by accident, if his knee isn't ruined (which i kinda think it is) dude can BAWLLLL!!

Silver Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 880
well most qb's dont have moss/careter to throw to, you give any qb chris carter in his prime there completion % shoots up i bet, i do like culpepper though, i do have to give him credit

" disagree...he may act like a b1tch but you gotta give the guy credit, hes a hell of a receiver. the reason hes been failing in OAK is cause they havent had a QB who can accuratly throw the deep ball to him."

yea like chad said he is most likely going to green bay, juss what they was talkin bout yesterday

Gold Member

Post Number: 1319
just flipped on sportscenter and the headline was this: "Patriots Acquire Randy Moss"

Silver Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 885
hahaha told ya yanks

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12458
it doesn't make sense though. why would they trade for the pats fourth round pick? unless they got someone special coming.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4910
wow...i am very shocked at that trade...i would have never thought belichek would get moss...i thought russell/moss combo would have been a nice combo. long ball QB paired up with a long ball WR...
i hate NE and brady and belichek....i like moss tho

Silver Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 888
yea i was thinkin the same.... long ball qb with a long ball wr, dont make sense to me but w/e i guess lol

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12459
quick question guys. is santana moss randy's brother?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4912
pit, thats an interesting fact that i admit i did not know. but i dont think culpeper is a good QB. at MIN he has chris carter and moss to throw to, 2 outstanding receivers. he goes to MIA and doesnt have anyone to throw to except for chris chambers, an he does awful. i dont think hes a good QB, that is my opinion

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4913
no he is not chad...i do not believe so

Silver Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 889
no i dont think they are related at all

Platinum Member

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12460
moss is such a cool last name though. lol. chad moss. has a nice ring to it.

Silver Member

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 890
lol you should just change your name, i always thought Harrison was a cool last name, ive always wanted to change my last name to that lol i dunno why

Silver Member
Username: Freezeman_7

Lindsay, Oklahoma U.S.A

Post Number: 930
i thought adrian peterson would have gone eariler than 7th?? idk tho... at least he was top 10

Gold Member

Post Number: 1321
"i dont think culpeper is a good QB. at MIN he has chris carter and moss to throw to, 2 outstanding receivers. he goes to MIA and doesnt have anyone to throw to except for chris chambers, an he does awful."

No way you can judge him on how he's played as a dolphin...he hasn't taken a single healthy snap for them. His knee was still clearly phucked up.

Yes he had good receivers in MIN but so have all those other great quarter backs, that doesn't mean the receivers are responsible for their completion percentage. Montana/Young had Jerry Rice, Bradshaw had Swann, Peyton's got Harrison and so on... The WR's job is to get open and catch it if it's accurate. If you're not a fan of him that's fine, i'm not either, but you can't discredit his track record just because he had good receivers.

Maybe Jerry Rice wasn't that good huh? Montana and Young just threw so well he couldn't drop em' if he tried. it's a silly argument because the REAL stats don't lie. Completion % is a solid stat...unlike some others which are sketchy i.e. quarterback ratings, saves in baseball etc.

That's like if i said Derek Jeter is a sh!tty shortstop...he only looks good cause he's got good fielders surrounding him. doesn't make sense. gotta give him credit for the job HE does.

p.s. yankees suck

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4916
first off, theres no way you can compare a fielder in baseball to a quarterback in football. a fielder is not dependant on the players around him, its a solo game for him. if he f-cks up, he gets an error. a quarterback is dependent on everyone around him. the line, thw receivers, tight ends. if he has a good line and good receivers but is a mediocrly skilled quarterback, then chances are, hell have good numbers. if he has a bad line and bad receivers but is a very skilled quarterback, then chances are he wont have very good numbers becuase of the people around him.

and about culpeper, except for 2003 and 2004, he hasnt had impressive numbers.
in 2001, he had a passer rating of 83.3 with 14 tds and 13 ints playing in 11 games
2002, 75.3 rating with 18 tds and 23 ints in 16 games
next 2 years were very good, cant lie about that
2005, 72.0 rating with 6 tds and 12 ints in 7 games

randy had a incredible year in 2003 and a pretty good year in 2004 as well
in 2003, he had 17 tds with 111 catches in 16 games...culpepper threw for 25 tds this year, moss had all but 8
in 2004, he had 13 tds with only 49 catches in 13 games...culpepper threw 36 tds this year, moss caught 1/3 of them.
just funny how they each had big years on the same years. i think its moss making culpeper look good, some think its culpepper making moss look good

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4917
shuold read moss caught *about* 1/3

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1019
You can edit you know?

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4919
oh yea...thats my bad. i forgot, ever since i got here, the edit feature hasnt worked. im still getting used to being able to use one lol

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 435
I love the draft its never how you think itll go. Russell is a perfect raiders player, fat, lazy, and overrated :X If he decides to work he might be get better, and Quinn, he just got lucky weis came, cause he MADE quinn. I personally sell the QBs drafted this year wont do much, but you never know ;)

I think the Vikings did very good (Im partial to offese) drafting Petersen and SIDNEY RICE. Rice is a playmakerrr.

I cant believe the dolphins wasted a 9th pick on a return man. Those dolphins always find a way to fk it up ;)

And what the hell is up with these receivers going for a FOURTH round pick. That is nothing. Darrell Jackson and Randy Moss arent perfect but Id imagine they are worth way more then a 4th round pick. I just think its weird.

Oh an the Lions and DUMBASSES.
Johnson is nasty, but give me a break.
Lions drafting a WR first round next year FTL

Gold Member

San Diego

Post Number: 1035
I personally can't blame Millen for grabbing Calvin in one of the weakest drafts in recent memory. He was arguably the best talent in the entire draft and he can always trade him later.

Having said that... Matt is going to need bodyguards just to walk around town. The hatred on the forums is unreal. I don't envy the guy but he couldn't pass up such a talent IMO.

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

FL USA

Post Number: 438
"I personally can't blame Millen for grabbing Calvin in one of the weakest drafts in recent memory"

I do agree with you there, but they have SO many other spots that needed help. They couldve definately traded the pick and got ALOT back. I love the WRs, but the fact is they dont make that much of a difference. They will possibly touch the ball 10 times a game and imo thats not worth a 2nd pick. A great WR will not win you games.

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 9237
Well I was WRONG!...BIG TIME!...can't believe the Patriots snagged Randy Moss from the Raiders for a 4th nround draft pick...The Patriots can definitely use the receivers, and especially a long ball threat receiver or someone tall with hands, down in the red zone...Pats are not being money conscience this year and want the Super Bowl back again QUICK!...Moss will only enhance the Brady bunch and their offense...and coach Belichick will have no problems giving Moss the boot...and Moss will hopefully change his attitude and ways, now that he's on a great team with a chance finally for the Superbowl...Raiders , well, just are stuck rebuilding , waiting for a miracle to happen..

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6099
All I can say is I wouldn't wanna be Mcnabb. Reid won't confirm nor deny any intentions (status quo) of Kolb but anyone can see they're preparing for the worst. Mcnabb has I say 2-3 games to show his best or I see a QB controversy in the works. Something Mcnabb can't afford with his fragile body. Now just why did the Eagles let Garcia go??

A bowl of Campbell's soup anyone??

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 3752
the past didnt spend to much geting moss he restructered his contract so hes only making 3 million this yr he said he has money but wants to win i believe him.

and guys why do u hate brady so much hes never had great wr's the best was branch and look at him now hes not that great he just had brady brown is good but not by far a standout receiver.

the pats are looking impressive this yr they stacked there d

there offense is the best in the league now

maroney, brady, watson, moss, stallworth, welker, caldwell and there line is pretty god damn good lol

its sad when the best wr's from the yr b4 might not even mke the team this yr its gona be sweet watching them this yr

oh and culpepper is a great qb just like warner hes geting old and got hurt to much he had his yrs now hes washed up lol its all about manning and brady now
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us