Ezekiel 25:17

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 4698
The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5987
Watching Pulp Fiction man?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4699
oh shyt yeah,,,,, the best movie so far... any more recomandations?

Gold Member

Post Number: 4700
PUNISH THE ONES WHO DID NO GOOD BUT DID WRONG TO OTHERS ,PEOPE WHO LOVE BUT CANT GIVE LOVE BACK BUT HATE ,SEND THEM TO GATES OF HELL !!! THEY DONT DESERVE HEAVEN ,,, IN THE NAME OF s@tan !!! WE WILL WELCOME HIM TO HELL !!! BUT WE GO TO HEAVEN ,,,

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana DD 9515d~~]...

Post Number: 4872
You do realize that is NOT in the bible...right? :-)

Ezekiel 25:17 actually reads:
"And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them."

In context, it is talking about punishing those that take revenge/vengeance on others w/ a despiteful heart.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4701
if u think about every quentin tarantinos movie ull see that his one of the greatests producers director or writer... and all his movies he make he apear in it too..and hes a great actor too man... but samuel and travolta on pulp fiction it was the best apearences i ever seen so far in par withal pacino

Gold Member

Post Number: 4702
In the final diner scene, Jules explains that he recites a Biblical passage, Ezekiel 25:17, each time he kills someone. Jules's version of the passage reads as follows:
" The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who in the name of charity and good will shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. "

In the last scene of the movie, Jules repeats the passage to Pumpkin, phrasing the last sentence differently
" And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you. "
Wikisource has original text related to this article:
King James Bible
Ezekiel Chapter 25

This is, in fact, not an actual passage from the Bible, but a collage of several passages. Ezekiel 25:17 in the King James Version reads:
" And I will execute great vengeance upon thee with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them. "

Other sources include "Am I my Brother's keeper?" Genesis 4:9, and "valley of darkness" and shepherd image in Psalm 23.

Jules's pronouncement is a typically obscure Tarantino reference to Karate Kiba / Chiba the Bodyguard, a 1976 film starring Sonny Chiba, whom the director would later cast in Kill Bill. Karate Kiba opens with the exact same biblical misquote, likewise attributed to Ezekiel 25:17:
" The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee! (Ezekiel 25:17)

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Hit you in the chest m...

Post Number: 2208
tarantino was born and grew up in knoxville... he reference either knoxville, apple cigarrettes or both in all his movies... look for it...

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 989
Lil Rob you should copy and paste more often because that is the very first time you got a post right...

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2285

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Http://www.realmofexcu...USA

Post Number: 2657
And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti.

Boondock Saints!! Greatest movie I've ever seen

Gold Member

Post Number: 4705
i did not like boondock saints why do you see it so cool?? is it cuz they only say fu'ck?

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3690
And all BRITISH PIGS well know I am the lord when I lay my fu cking vengeance down on thee!

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 4707
yo cocoon why u keep b1tching with the cops??? man juzz chill out man go to a forum that averyone its interested int alking all day with your piggs... juzz chill man

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13862
Way to plagiarize that passage from wikipedia lil rob :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 4708
yes i paste it from wikipedia its there a problem??? dude why u all have to make such a big deal for nuttin damn...

Gold Member

Post Number: 6019
Original thought is priceless. That's why.

How's your site working for ya??

Silver Member
Username: Kaos15th

Post Number: 448
"yes i paste it from wikipedia its there a problem??? dude why u all have to make such a big deal for nuttin damn..."

agreed, seems like in every post i see from brad is insulting you he seems to follow you to different threads you got a stalker lil rob pretty cool LOL

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 7054
wikipedia is a poor excuse for accurate information. Though volumneous it is litle more than an online community, like this, except accepted as accurate.
I doubt that wiki is listed as a Major source in career papers.
I have not seen it in the AJOM, for example.
Of course, I used the acronym, because I cannot spell it out, so there ya go.

I wanna nother beer

Gold Member

Post Number: 6028
You're welcome over anytime Nuck.

Upload

Tie is optional.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help