Bright Flashlights or POWERFUL Fans

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2351
I was looking for a super-bright flashlight (laser?) or ULTRA-POWERFUL fan I could use to do experiments with just for the fun when I'm bored during the day. I want to see if I can move heavy objects with a powerful fan or put like a down comforter on it and watch it blow it up with air.

I currently have an industrial Patton air circulator and an LED flashlight. It's not bright enough and I demand a more powerful fan and flashlight.

On a side note, I wondered if there were any flashlights that use like 4 9v batteries to achieve higher battery voltage in order to be brighter? Maybe there's a high powered laser that uses that much power...interesting I wonder if I supercharged a 3v laser with the output straight off a power station (a few million) if it would burn up too quickly to put off light. I'd be sure it'd be a lot brighter because of all the excitement of atoms and whatnot.

If it were a fan maybe I could get a frequency modulator for my current fan and make the frequency into it 60khz (with more voltage to make the mag. fields strong enough to keep the motor spinning strongly) so that it spins 1000x faster that it was designed so you can blow away anything in it's path and blow it up as well!

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3575
60KHz don't mean 60Hz!

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2352
Then let's increase the speed even more to 60MHz! No...60GHz! NOOO!!!! 60THz!!!! MUAHAHAHA

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5840
Upload

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2353
So many things that could mean! I'm guessing it means I'm bored.

Well if you were to increase the frequency to 60THz on a 120v 60Hz motor then you would lower the torque to a billionth of what it was so I don't think it'd even have enough starting torque to get going. I think you'd need to increase the voltage 10^9 for 120 billion volts just to get the torque high enough to get it spinning so fast. You know it'd burn up pretty quickly though...

I wonder if you could power a synchronous motor from an amplifier? The louder you made the amp, the more torque I think you'd get if I'm correct. So if you played a 20khz tone from a frequency generator into a high current 10kw amp I'm sure you could make a nice fan. You could probably even create music which could make the motor spin at certain speeds to create music. You could probably get a motor to play Mary Had a Little Lamb or maybe music if you altered the actual frequencies to go with the motor. I'd like to see that...a motor which can act like a speaker.

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3578
Upload

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2356
Lol

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_disp/displ/prrfnbr/908/sesent/00

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3579
Wow thank you very much for the link that was fantastic. I've see exterior live shots of the space shuttle on NASA TV during launch but not with a camera attached to the one of the (SRB) rockets and seeing tumbling back down into the Atlantic Ocean wow smashing link thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5846

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13866
I use Surefire flashlights. Really bright stuff, I highly recommend it. Expensive but worth it.

Gold Member

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2362
Yes, they are good. Sorry. I don't know what I was thinking when I made this.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us