My laptop is retarded...help

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4697
for some reason my laptop screen fades to all white if the screen is in certain positions. it used to be only a few but now it does it at almost every position. i cant tilt the screen back or forward with out it fading and when it fades i have to move the screen up and down until i get picture and then it fades away agin...what the hell did i do? fixable or just live with it?

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5578
D@mn. Never had that problem. What kind of laptop is it? Not that it helps at all. My HP laptop does need to be viewed at a certain angle for optimal screen resolution, just not what you're experiencing.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4699
its an HP....even typing this out right now i cant see anything...it lets me type and everything, just on a blank screen...this is horseshit lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 5580
Sorry man, I have no idea. I'm not a computer guru.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4703
oh well...im sure a computer guru will pay me a visit...i doubt its anything that can be fixed...its just annoying

Gold Member

Post Number: 5586
Where's Jen when you need her??

She's great for things like this.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4706
shes good for this and to get free money lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 5588
HAHAHA $5 for beer. You remember. That was priceless.

Bronze Member
Username: Footballa

Post Number: 100
call some one up.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1195
where is brad when you need him?

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 834
Brad has been in the studio for 24 straight hours lol

Anyways here is what you gotta do (this is a common problem on HP craptops by the way, especially the OmniBook 500).

a. Download the HP Service Manual at
http://24.237.160.4/files/omnibook/ob500/ (will show you how regardless of what model you have)
b. Open the front of your screen carefully by unscrewing all four screws around the screen and pressing on the sides. That procedure is better described in the service manual with pictures - just read on replacing the screen.
c. Dare to unplug all cables and take out the screen.
d. Clean all connecters and scratch the metal with something sharp, e.g., a screwdriver -- this removes the thin layer of oxidation.
e. plug everything together ansd test the screen.
f. If it works, put good cable tape around each connector so that THEY WILL NOT MOVE ANYMORE (i.e., fix where HP screwed up).
g. Put everything together again.

Yanks, to pull this off you need a micro-sized philips screwdriver... if you don't have one or can't get one don't even attempt it. Every screw will be stripped and you will be f!cked. But if you do have one, it's a pretty easy fix.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4719
thanks for that brad...i dont have one of this screwdrivers so it looks like im gonna live with it unfortunatly...oh well, thanks tho brad

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

No HTML in h...

Post Number: 1614
wow Brad to the rescue lol i've never heard of that problem ever and i consider myself a pretty computer savvy person...

yanks you should bring it to a shop and tell them what to do

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13763
Micro screwdrivers are pretty cheap. you should be able to buy one off Radio Shack or some other place.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5605
"Anyways here is what you gotta do (this is a common problem on HP craptops by the way, especially the OmniBook 500)."

I love my HP laptop. I also have a desktop HP. Both work great. Paid $1200 for the lap and $1200 4 years ago for the desktop. Way better than Dells and cheaper than Sonys. At least I think so.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1197
I like my HP too and it defiantly walks all over dell!

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1198
BTW, I knew you could do it brad. haha
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us