A social studies teacher

Gold Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 8658
Back in September of 2005, on the first day of school, Martha Cothren, a social studies school teacher at Robinson High School in Little Rock,
did something not to be forgotten. On the first day of school, with permission of the school superintendent, the principal and the building
supervisor, she took all of the desks out of the classroom.

The kids came into first period, they walked in, there were no desks. They obviously looked around and said, "Ms. Cothren, where's our desk?" And she said, "You can't have a desk until you tell me how you earn them."

They thought, "Well, maybe it's our grades."
"No," she said.
"Maybe it's our behavior."
And she told them, "No, it's not even your behavior."
And so they came and went in the first period, still no desks in the classroom. Second period, same thing, third period same thing. By early
afternoon television news crews had gathered in Ms. Cothren's class to find out about this crazy teacher who had taken all the desks out of the
classroom. The last period of the day, Martha Cothren gathered her class. They were at this time sitting on the floor around the sides of
the room. And she says, "Throughout the day no one has really understood how you earn the desks that sit in this classroom ordinarily." She said, "Now I'm going to tell you."

Martha Cothren went over to the door of her classroom and opened it, and as she did 27 U.S. veterans, wearing their uniforms, walked into that classroom, each one carrying a school desk. And they placed those school desks in rows, and then they stood along the wall. And by the
time they had finished placing those desks, those kids for the first time I think perhaps in their lives understood how they earned those
desks.

Martha said, "You don't have to earn those desks. These guys did it for you. They put them out there for you, but it's up to you to sit here responsibly to learn, to be good students and good citizens, because they paid a price for you to have that desk, and don't ever forget it."

My friend, I think sometimes we forget that the freedoms that we have are freedoms not because of celebrities. The freedoms are because of
ordinary people who did extraordinary things, who loved this country more than life itself, and who not only earned a school desk for a kid
at the Robinson High School in Little Rock, but who earned a seat for you and me to enjoy this great land we call home, this wonderful nation
that we better love enough to protect and preserve with the kind of conservative, solid values and principles that made us a great nation.

"We live in the Land of the Free because of the Brave"

Remember our Troops..

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4661
thats a good story LK...

support our troops

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13715
Hooah! :-)

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Extreme SQ FTW Missouri

Post Number: 2300
Upload

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13720
^^^WTF?!?!

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5448
You scare me sometimes Andre.

We take alot of things for granted in this country. I for one don't forget that. I do wish we all would help each other out instead of just ourselves all the time. I plan on giving away two turkeys this year, and next...three. It does make a difference, just like our armed forces.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 3997
i thought it was going to be a s e x story

good post though

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 4678
speaking of s e x with a teacher..who saw that teacher down in florida who had s e x with s student? the blonde one?
dude, she was bangin'...props to that kid

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 11967
that story is one of the best story i've read in my life. that was awesome LK.

Silver Member
Username: Adam_s

15 TC9 Hybrid, RE MT Softparts

Post Number: 980
Good story. Wasnt really expecting that.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5650
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ervaMPt4Ha0

Gold Member

Post Number: 8823
good video..I don't agree with the Commander in Chief (george W) or the Sec Of Defense...but I will ALWAYS support out troops...I am a disabled Vietnam vet who did my thing in Nam, Laos, Cambodia etc (Air America) as ordered, but didn't agree with that war or our presidents then either!... so we must ALWAYS support our troops, no matter where and why they are wherever they are..the troops are ordinary people and OUR families, doing extraordinary things ...

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Just a matte... Missouri

Post Number: 2326
Lol now I don't remember what that picture was supposed to mean. Sorry if it doesn't make sense (even to me).

I do know it's affected us in extreme ways and I'm not quite sure what would've happened if that wouldn't have happened. I'm not really sure what quite to say to all of it, but I generally overall support it.

Disabled?

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3508
Fascinating story "don't you forget who made those desks" I understand.

Gold Member

Post Number: 8828
Disabled as in PTSD..."post traumatic stress disorder" (flashbacks, nightmares, sleep disorder, panic attacks etc)... but most who know me don't even realize it...I hide it well...LOL...also retired LT Col with 30 years in the military...as u can see I have much free time, but also have many varied hobbies from satellite TV to golf, fish, softball, B ball, and a small consulting business for the DOD (Dept of Defense)..

I love this country but hate this particular war and our involvement...this is NOT a "Desert Storm" , nor a 'Bosnia" situation..
The video was also simply saying the same as the story...SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3511
Maybe your president should do the fighting instead of sending more to there fate everyday!

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3512
Think about it the blood is on your murdering president's hands and his bullshitting committee!

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3513
Who most of you elected I say don't vote for the next president no one is forcing you to vote just don't and who cares who takes his place whether you vote or not.

I don't vote anymore not for murdering politicians like Tony Blair!

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

Dont forget to check m...USA

Post Number: 2549
wtf?? cocoon? don't get people started. IT is a WAR!! in WAR people DIE! the main problem is the media here, we have lost less people in this war than in any other war.Also, the media almost NEVER reports how many people have died on the other side, just the American deaths(however,today, I did hear something on the radio about 64 Iraqis dying and something like 8 American soldiers getting killed). I agree, we shouldn't be over there, its not really our problem, but then again, neither were Vietnam or Korea. I like President Bush, but yes I do not agree with how he started the war, but...IF we were to pull out now, this would do nothing but send a message to the terrorists that the US was weak, and we would probably be attacked again. We need an exit strategy. Some way to get out, and give control back to the people that live there. I won't call Bush a murderer, like I said, its war and in war people die...but we do need a way to get out,but still show our strenth...ok, enough venting for me now, I feel better.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2550
one thing to remember about NOT voting....If you don't vote, then you really have no right to say anything about what the President does.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Los Angeles, CA USA

Post Number: 12107
LK thanks for serving.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5666
Bottom line is this thread has nothing to do with political view. Support those who are doing a service most of us take for grated. Period. Have a nice day.

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3514
Who cares anymore about a president well I think they should banned anyone who has a military service record I mean you don't need another Muppet like BUSH or anything that looks like him that f u c k i n g Muppet is more of a problem to most parts of the world no one likes him!

And yes I do know a little bit of your history the 17th century civil war!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2551
HOW about a little bit of BOTH our histories...the Revolutionary WAR..lol

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3515
Sorry guys but that's just how I feel I feel sorry for your countries involvement in this war and its all on BUSH'S blooded hands!

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3516
Oh well I think you've gotten a little soft over the last few hundred years and its time for another revolution to remove BUSH from office yes if 10 million walked into Washington D.C. it will not only just overwhelm the Secret Service who will stand no chances at all and just kick down the f u c k i n g White House door and drag that War Monger out and HANG HIM! For all the young troops he condemned to there deaths!

Gold Member

Post Number: 5671
Again. PLease read my last post.

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3517
Sorry it was just a statement of an opinion I have you can pass the idea along if you what I don't think England would get involved if you have yourselves another revolution.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1608
Since this has already become a flame thread, I'll just say it:

I f*cking can't stand liberals............

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1609
" speaking of s e x with a teacher..who saw that teacher down in florida who had s e x with s student? the blonde one?
dude, she was bangin'...props to that kid "

I saw her and TRUE THAT

And they're sayin the kid is the victim and all...... now why the f*ck couldn't that have happened to me in high school?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2553
cocoon>"For all the young troops he condemned to there deaths!"

IT IS WAR!!People DIE in wars. No one hanged anyone for Vietam or Korea. And fact> The average age of a soldier in the Vietname war was 19 so don't talk about how young they are. Also, I seriously doubt if you could get 10 million Americans to march on the White House. Though I don't agree that we should be over there, people said the same thing about Vietnam and Korea. Once again, we need an exit strategy that doesn't show us with a weaknes, and btw Cocoon, since your are from the UK...your opinion about Bush doesn't really carry much weight. but....since we're talking about politicians....Tony Blair...sending those troops into Iran or Iraq, whichever it was, they get captured, and what do they do....blab all over TV about how good they are being treated and how sorry they are they were going against the Iran/Iraq people(they only said it because they were afraid of being tortured,the cowards)....at least thats what they said until they got back on UK soil...
Fact again> during Korea/Vietnam, the American troops were captured and TORTURED and yet they NEVER did anything like that.
OH Btw, It is against the Geneva Convention to put captured troops on TV and to force them to say things they don't want to say, but no-one is coming down on Iran/Iraq for doing it.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2554
oh and I will say it too
I CAN'T STAND F*CKING LIBERALS EITHER!!!

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3518
Upload

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3519
Upload

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3520
Upload

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3521
Upload

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3522
There's whole list of whoring teachers the list just goes on and on.

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3523
Upload

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 3524
Whoops that was the other WHORING TEACHER!
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us