Paint job

Gold Member
Username: Matt12490

California USA

Post Number: 2111
Does anyone know how much, either from experience or a past quote, a full paint job for a car is? My car is a 99 and its paint is not too bad, but I want to know how much it would cost to paint a full size 4 door car all black?

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2371
The place my brother worked at, they quoted my friend for 1200, jetblack, and they will smooth out all of the little dents he had. His car was a nissan s13 coupe. So you should be looking at around 1200-1500. And remember, if they don't look at your car and they give you a price, go somewhere else.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 421
exactly benrymac. stay away from maaco and places like that that offer "the $250 special!" on paint jobs. if you're gonna do it, do it right. and i agree you're probably lookin at about the 1200 range. exactly what is the make and model of the car?

Gold Member

California USA

Post Number: 2114
Its a 1999 Acura TL

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 422
eh, yeah.. i'd say probably about $1300ish for a good job. shop around though.. if you don't know what you want you can end up payin upwards of $2000 to someone who knows they can rip you.

Gold Member

California USA

Post Number: 2116
For the $1200-1500 range what do they paint.. such as inside the door pannels or do they just paint what you can see when the doors, hood, and trunk are all shut?

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2372
For about 1200 they will paint the inside of the doors, pretty much everything you can see. but if its the floor, or the side of the car and the paint is behind the plastic panels, they won't go there. They will paint all outside, top and bottom of the hood, but they won't paint the engine bay, mainly since you need the motor out for that. If you want the whole inside of the car painted, take out your interior yourself. They will charge little because they will just paint over w/e is there. and they should paint the trunk. You really can't expect to much. The only thing I hate is that, if you wanted to paint the engine bar, it would be a pain.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

151.9db Dail... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2066
For a complete repaint, sanding and taking panels off instead of masking them (the real way to do it) it is from 2000-4000$(looks like it came from dealer like that, no over spray anywhere or anything) for the cheap paint jobs you can get them for 1000 and less. Thats like maeko(think thats the name) and stuff...

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5247
Earl shrieb, "I'll paint any car for $99.99."

My ex used him to have my Buick repainted as a suprise b-day gift. Overspray everywhere. Tail pipes, mirrors, windows, grills. It ran in a few spots too. When she showed up with it, it still had masking tape dragging behind it on the bumper. I was like "Thanks honey!" The first snow we had I was brushing the snow off the car. What I was also brushing off was the paint. You get what you pay for.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9916
lol Paul. the visual I got from that was worth $1000000:-)

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

151.9db Dail... My wangers b...

Post Number: 2075
KiLLa,- "Ill Paint any car for $89.99!!" "Just don't kill me when you find out its spray paint."

lol

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1269
I had my truck painted at Maaco, cost $1000. 4 year warranty and it looks dam good. They have 4 levels of paint jobs, I got level 3.

I think with Maaco it really must depend on the location, cause I've heard some really bad things about them. But I know a few people who went to the one near me and all their paint jobs came out great, as did mine.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2387
I'm planning to purchase a car pretty soon also. I'm thinking about sanding it down myself with some durablocks. Sand the whole car down. And also take all of the interior out including door panels. I'm also going to have my motor swapped so this would be a good chance for me to get the engine bay painted as well. Hopefully it would cost me less since I did the sanding and filling myself. All they would have to do is check my work, tell me whats up, and then paint it, clear coat, etc etc.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1280
When I got mine painted I think the prep work was only $100, so I don't know if you will save much.

When they re-paint the car, they don't sand the old paint off..... they just clean the outside of the car, and spray on the new paint. The paint they use is designed to stick on top of the old paint.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 5257
Oh, and I didn't mention my ex decided to put glitter mixed in with the paint. My friends wouldn't let me live it down.

Gold Member

California USA

Post Number: 2153
Haha well at least she tried..

Anyways do they have a bunch of samples of paint colors they have (like they do at home depot) that you can chose from?

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 2402
You live in California, so look up automotive body supplies shop round your area. Jet black will be your best color for black.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us