Need some help, truck issues.....

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 500
was lookin into buying a truck and didn't really know what to get. any suggestions? i want something with fairly decent mpg like at least 17 but would prefer 19.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 345
size? you can find a lot of trucks taht will get about 19mpg, so it depends on if you want something small or something big. also price range?

Silver Member

Post Number: 501
somewhere around $5000 and under, a small truck, 4 door 4wd would be nice but 2wd works to

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12995
17-19 mpg? Are you willing to go the mini SUV route with 4 cylinders? That's a tough call.

I know the older Honda CRV and Toyota RAV 4 gets about 20-24 mpg. I don't know if you want to go that way.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 3496
might be able to find an s10 with all those specs

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 346
Wreak: Exactly what i was thinking. Look for an S10 ZR2 package.. it sounds like you plan to do some off roading in this thing maybe? the S10 ZR2 would be perfect, except s10s werent made in crew cab, so you'd have to go with the 2 door extended cab. Second choice would be an older Dodge Dakota. Very nice trucks, in my opinion. you should be able to find a crew cab 4x4 fairly easily, and you might even be able to stay close to your price range. I'd say look for Dakota first, cause you want 4 doors, but also check out S10s

Silver Member

Post Number: 502
ok thanks gavin. i drove one of those honda crv's and there slow as hell kind of like a kia sportage. not exactly what i want. I don't know if I'll do 4 wheelin cause it can cause damage to alot of things which i would rather not mess with. but with 4x4 option i can tow things with no problem and if i end up on some off road routs for camping i don't have to worry as much if i had a 2wd. was also just planning to use it to hual stuff in the back(like my quad or something).

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 13006
Yup, they are slow, but that is the trade off for having only 4 cylinders. The only advantage is the MPG.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us