MP smokes dugs!

Gold Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2909
Upload

"politicians have done in the past.

It's not something that I would be proud if I'd done or my son had done but there it is - a long time ago, and people make mistakes"

Well this sounds all the less reinsuring in my conference for the British government they employ drug users to run the government. I can't say how this disgusted I am with (David Cameron).

Kick him out of the office onto his a££!

Full story

Quote from the BBC news

The newspaper headlines and reports that when he was a schoolboy at Eton he admitted trying cannabis certainly disrupted David Cameron's plans for a quiet Sunday with his family.
The Conservative leader took a break from preparing lunch to talk to the reporters and photographers camped outside his Oxfordshire home.

He explained that he was not issuing any denial; he just wasn't willing to talk about his past.

And that, as far as Mr Cameron and his senior colleagues are concerned, is that.

After all, this approach served them well during the Conservative leadership campaign in 2005.

Then, David Cameron was questioned repeatedly about the extent of his personal experience of drug taking.

Opinion polls

Each time, the future Tory leader refused to answer the question, insisting on his right to a life before politics.

He said he would not bow to a "media driven agenda" and allow reporters to "dig into politicians' private lives".

By the end of the election campaign Mr Cameron was being praised for his coolness under media fire.

Perhaps more importantly, from the point of view of politicians at least, opinion polls were starting to suggest that voters no longer cared whether an MP had used drugs at school or university.

Senior Conservatives like the shadow chancellor, George Osborne, and the shadow foreign secretary, and former party leader, William Hague, are confident that the public simply are not interested in what politicians have done in the past.

That view appears to be shared by their political opponents.

The Home Secretary, John Reid, described the story as a "'so what?' moment" and said he was more interested in finding out what David Cameron stood for.

The difficulty for the Conservatives is that the media have continued to ask questions about drugs and Mr Cameron.

The lack of a clear and definitive response to the questions asked during the Conservative leadership campaign left journalists wondering about what, if anything, Mr Cameron had done and how long he'd carried on doing it.

It was therefore inevitable that sooner or later a newspaper would break a story about David Cameron's time at school or university.

Mr Cameron is not shifting his position and the media probably won't change theirs, which means this story could return at a later date.

Pre-emptive strike

The former Conservative party chairman, Lord Tebbit, has suggested that David Cameron should make a political pre-emptive strike and make some sort of public statement, "because sooner or later the truth tends to come out, and it's always better to have brought it out yourself".

The Democratic senator, Barrack Obama, who has just launched his campaign for the US presidency, learnt that lesson some time ago.

He published a book which contained references to his troubled teenage years and his use of cannabis and c)0caine.

Mr Obama declared his baggage near the start of his political journey and has not been troubled by it since.

If David Cameron made a public statement setting out his youthful mistakes he might be able to put the issue behind him once and for all.

A more likely outcome is that the media reports would continue and that journalists would question him about every stage of his teenage and adult life.

David Cameron is trusting that British voters agree with him that a politician's past should remain private.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1347
I'd say 85% percent of government officials have tried drugs. That's including the UK.

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2910
Reece

Yeah I would agree.

Gold Member

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1352
How can you not? haha

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2912
Reece

So do you think (David Cameron) should be kicked out of office for shame!

It's not like he going to be sent to the Nick for this, all these dodgy little gits always get away with it.

I bet he's home right now smoking hash!

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1817
so what, the man smoked a little weed when he was younger. big deal. everyone has something in there life they did wrong at on time or another.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12911
^^^Danged straight. The public just has too much access to information nowadays. Who cares??? As long as they serve those that they are supposed to serve as long as they do not start using their position for personal gain and lining their pockets.

Gold Member

Bournemouth ...

Post Number: 2916
Berny

What have you been smoking? You're kidding the United Kingdom is crocked with politicians you need wings to fly above there bull£hit.

Gold Member

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1356
That's what I was saying. Most everyone has so how can you judge him for it.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12919
Serve teh public trust, that's all I ask. What they do with their personal life is their business. Unless one conflicts with the other, then we have problems.

Gold Member

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1363
^^^ x2
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us