Think it's cold where you are??

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 630
Woke up this morning, rolled over in my bed and almost jumped out in shock. The part of the bed i rolled onto was like frozen...OUR HEAT WENT OUT OVERNIGHT...the part of the bed i was laying on had stayed warm just cuz of my body heat, now i'm sitting at my computer fully decked out in winter coat, hat, gloves, 2 pairs of sweats...ITS FREEZING

alotta people on this forum, including myself, have been complainin about how cold it is lately...just wanted to say, dont take your nice warm home for granted, alotta people aren't so lucky.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2913
wow that sucks, i know all the schools were closed today cause it was too cold, i think its like -20 with the windchill.

Silver Member

Post Number: 631
The Service Man is here now...we're like praying it can be fixed fairly easily...if not man this is gonna suck...Not easy to find a hotel to go stay at when you have a cat and 2 pit bulls...

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1237
exactly how cold was it

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3261
-4 tonite for me...

looking for a day off from shcool...thatd be bangin

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1227
It's supposed to get down to 10 tonight. I can't fathom negatives...

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 345
Minnesota FTMFW...this is normal

Silver Member

Post Number: 639
outside joseph it was like -5 this morning...in our house it got down to like high 40's!!! plus our house is over 100 years old so it's like kinda drafty. My cat went upstairs and hid under a buncha blankets and we had to put sweatshirts on our dogs cuz even they started shivering

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1065
how does that cat live with 2 pit bulls? lol. and my area made national news for sh!tty weather. unnecessary driving is banned right now. i get semi-stuck in my driveway

Silver Member

Post Number: 642
it's an every day struggle for him...he's like 15 years old, and almost completely blind, so they sneak up on him and start licking his butt like crazy and he just kinda takes it the best he can.

at the same time though they totally respect him because he was there when they were first brought into the home...if they start to cross the line, he'll bite em' right on the nose and they totally back off.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12755
PitBullGuy aka CrownVic...did you get your heater up yet?

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1068
lol well good for that cat

Silver Member

Post Number: 651
Yes we got the heat working...Thank you very much for asking Berny :-) I don't think some ppl realize how scary that is, we're having like crazy record low temps right now in CHICAGO where the winters are expected to be cold!!! Just saw on the news stories of people being found dead in there beds because the heat went out over night; people and animals in the hospital with severe hypothermia...serious sh!t

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12789
I know exactly how that is, man. I used to live in Brooklyn and in New Jersey.

Glad to know you're okay, man!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 9091
it was -8 with windchill here this morning, you go outside for 5 minutes and your hands feel like they want to fall off lol Glad you got your heat back up and running pit:-)

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 3368
Good to hear man. I supplement my heat sometimes with kerosene and small space heaters. Had to last year when gas prices skyrocketed. I live in a ranch type house so I spend most of my time in my gameroom downstairs. (I'm a bottom dweller) I guess I'm lucky, my gas bill for Jan was only $97! Gonna be different for Feb.

Username: Pixelswim

Post Number: 1
We got down to 15 yesterday here in central NC. We probably won't get below freezing tonight and by 3rd wk of Feb I expect we'll have some 70 degree days.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3330
2 inches of snow last nite...snow days are money

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 10140
damn reading your stories makes me feel kinda guilty.

for the past couple of days the temperature was 85 degrees here and dropping down to 55degrees over night. i was complaining about how cold it was at night. i shouldn't complain.

glad to see you got your heater working again.

props to all of you taking the cold weather.

Silver Member

Post Number: 664
don't feel guilty chad it's all relative to what ur used to. You live in Cali right? so you've probly experienced some earthquakes i bet. i've never felt one in my life so...we're even:-)

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3332
we had an earthquake here in VA a couple years ago...it wasnt much but it knocked some pictures off the wall...prety random i must say considering the east coast isnt even close to the plate boundary unlike cali...

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 10141
well its not like we get earth quakes everyday but yeah alot of people of scared.

whats real bad about living in cali is the smog. you go to any other state and the air is so fresh. also another bad thing for me is the freeway i take to work everyday. it is in the top 10 most congested freeways in the world. lol.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 3334
NoVA smell FTL
NoVA traffic FTL
I-95 in NoVA FTL
66 in NoVA FTL
if anyone is in my area, then you know what im talking about

not on the same level as LA but it sucks...always traffic on those roads and construction everywhere...lets just say it doesnt smell like wild flowers when you walk outside either...but, definitly not on the same level as LA

Silver Member

Post Number: 667
i've been to L.A. twice in my lifetime and i LOVED it! 3 reasons why i loved L.A. so much:
1.Girls
2.Women
3.Females

Gold Member

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 1076
i like how when your in nice warm year round states you have a chance of enduring severe natural disasters while in other states you suffer sub zero weather. you just can't escape the wrath of mother nature...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us