Time Perception

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1081
Have you ever thought about how sometimes time seems to go fast and sometimes slow? Have you ever tried manipulating time with your thoughts?

I've always thought thinking about time was fun, especially during the night, or trying to make the weekend or vacation seem longer. When I was younger 5 minutes used to seem like what now feels like an hour. Right now, I've managed to make a 6-hour stretch between 12 and 6 am seem much longer by listening to classic rock and thinking, taking in larger amounts of information to make everything seemingly take longer. If you're in school, you can do your math and finish in what feels like 40 minutes but it's actually 5. This makes skewing your perception of time a useful tool when you want to get through something or make a time you don't want to end seem much nicer and longer.

I personally have enjoyed zipping through school and finding myself at home for what feels like days but it's hours, then I go back to school, making it as if I had a longer weekend! What are your thoughts on Thought and Time Perception within this 24-hour day world we live in? Time Perception can have quite an effect on someone's personality or mood. Food for thought.

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 1086
I'm off to school now and I'm going with a traditional theme for the day (eggs&bacon, OJ for breakfast). I'll see ya later.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1210
When I'm hungover the day goes by very slow. If I don't sleep through the entire thing. I've been awak since 530 and home since 7 and on the computer since 730 and it feels like I've been on here for days. The answer to your question is yes. I am hung-oooveeer.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2907
wow, im very stoned right now and what you said is amazing i feel that all the time, but i get more like after somehting has passed like the weekend i think back and go wow its over all ready, and feel like time just flew by and i missed it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us