New Computer, Yay!

Silver Member
Username: Thecrypt

Lawrence, Kansas

Post Number: 107
I just got this and I'm amazed at...um...everything!

I am surprised at how quiet it runs. Now, I have played some intense games and I noticed it got much louder. I noticed a huge wallop of air coming out of the back at the PCI slots and video slots. I guess that's because he set it so that when it's pushed the clock speeds and RAM speeds increase which means the heat rises which means the cooling system ramps up to high-speed when required. It's a heat pipe/fan system so I guess all those fans and blowers in the graphics cards and PCI slots + the others in the back on the PSU and case are going crazy. I put my hand under it and noticed it was cooler down there. I guess there are some fans in the bottom pulling air in + there's a gril thingy below the DVD player that seems to get cooler when it's revved up and another area above the audio jacks has fans so I guess that helps. When it's almost quiet I don't think the PCI blowers and fans are running and everything else slows down as well. Cool! It's nice it doesn't have to be loud when it's not needing it to be. It's going to be in a home theater rack later on so it won't be too important (separated from actual HT room).

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/computers/315957.html

That's more of it as well. I'm sure I can make use of it in the HT!

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 928
Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us