New Car

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1812
Looking to spend around 20k more or less.

I'm looking for something nice, smooth, has a nice punch at the pedals, reliable, and enough room. If I wanted more room, I would just drive my Yukon. So I'm looking for something more small.

Some options I already considered:
350z
rx8
new mustang << unless someone can find that their unreliable I will take it out of my list.
subaru wrx, non-sti.
03+ Altima
04+ Maxima
93-00 Lexus sc300

Silver Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 703
Mustang FTW. I love mine.

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 465
1997-2003 chevrolet corvette check ebay mostly in the $20,000

Silver Member

Post Number: 466
mazda Rx-7 2nd generation, infiniti g35 coupe, mazda mx-5 miata hard top convertable, saturn sky, solstice, mazda speed 6, ford mustang, porshe boxster usually around $16k and up, pontiac GTO

good site for reveiws

http://autos.msn.com/browse/Infiniti.aspx

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2655
infiniti g35

Gold Member
Username: Leew

XXXX!!WWWW, Yokosuka, ... Holla Back Y...

Post Number: 1328
Please! Buy :
BMW M3 or BMW M5

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9905
new cars are overrated.

werdz

Silver Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 148
The RX-8 is nice, pretty quick too but burns through oil like crazy. ALso, it is fairly small in front (subjective as I'm 6'4"), the back seat is non-existant, and the trunk is quite small as well. Just FYI...I have no experienece with any others on your list.

Gold Member

FTW

Post Number: 9908
04 Maxi FTW

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

New sub : 1 ...

Post Number: 10478
whatever ride u choose - a major consideration is the amount of trunk space 4 that awesome killer sound system .......

Gold Member

FTW

Post Number: 9911
whatever ride u choose - a major consideration is the amount of trunk space 4 that awesome killer sound system ......

damn you Rovin....

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

New sub : 1 ...

Post Number: 10482
^^^hell that was a + of me wanting a wagon which can haul lots of stuff & hold sub boxes too - not to mention the acoustical advantage it has ......

Silver Member

Post Number: 467
the 06 pontiac GTO comes with 400hp and 400lb torque crazy!!!, mazda speed 6 are good to along with the infiniti g35

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1813
No g35. With this car, I plan to do a sq system. If I want spl, I'll drive my yukon. So yeah. I'm going crazy trying to decide. Must be a stick!

I was really thinking about going with the sc300 because I can get a used one for around 5k, drop in a supra motor for about another 5k. body work will be about 3k. and then a few tid bits here and there and I should have a sweet car also. But I'm not sure........I'm going crazy =). but atleast it helps me pass time by thinking about what car to get :D.

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 889
supra, 3000gt, 300zx, talon tsi

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11148
"the 06 pontiac GTO comes with 400hp"

yeah but only like 200 to the wheels...what a waste..

get a vette...and call it a day...BTW AMERICAN FTMFARBDAKAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1910

quote:

BTW AMERICAN FTMFARBDAKAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pontiac is American bro

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12490
How about a Nitro???

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Www.15inchwangers.comFI Audio BTL

Post Number: 9597
yeah i wish i knew rovin before i got my car. he would of told me about the sound system and i probably would of gotten a tahoe or a burban.

btw berny, why do you want a new car? your car is sick man. also you got all that space for your sound system.

out of your choices i'd take the 350z. that car is sweet. put some 20 inch rims on it with some big lips and you will be pimpin.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12491
I think he just wants a smaller car to play with.

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1817
I want a car to have fun in. Something that I can just play with (speed wise). I feel the need for performance. That 350z would be nice but theres so many out there. I'm really considering the sc300 or 400. what do you guys think.

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 11178
"Pontiac is American bro"

NO SH!T!!!!!!!....OMG Sherlock Holmes.....maybe everybody should just stop posting for a while so he can go through some archives or something and pull up old sh!t and make himself feel smart...Damn....

I was just saying no matter what he chooses go American....

Isaac im jk...lol

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 293
the sc300's are nice.. but why not get something that already has a motor in it you can play with. i'm not saying doing a supra swap would be hard, but im sure it wouldnt be easy. although i dont know much about japanese cars, im sure its not just a drop in swap. and i'm also not saying that you cant just keep the sc300 motor and upgrade. what i am saying, however, is go for the vette or the wrx. i have a friend that started off with a base wrx, put some nice mods on it (to the tune of about 7 grand or so) and now has a street monster that could smoke an sti or 350Z anyday of the week. plus i just like the way those cars look (especially the old ones with the round head lights.)

Gold Member

Cambodian

Post Number: 1820
^agreed. I love those models wrx's as well and I was heavenly thinking about it. Seriously, at one time it was the car I wanted! But options open up. To me, this is how I see it.

93-95 sc300, about 5k more or less.
2jz swap, another 5k
exterior, about another 3k-5k depending.
suspension, about another 500-1.5k.

Thats about 15-17k spent on the car.

Or I can go get a car that cost 15k and up, stock. and spend more money on that car...

My options are still open. but with a sc300 I think insurance will be less than any of the other cars, hopefully. It will also attract less cops. It looks good.

I would like the wrx mainly bc of easy upgrades and its AWD.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2708
WRX FTW berny...

im trying to get one right now too.

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 930
I think the older SC are ugly personally... I would go 350Z or something along those lines... maybe a used Altima SE-R

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 294
It sounds to me like you already made ur decision.. lol. i'd say wrx all the way.

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 939
I say SE-R those are sick... not slow either!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us