Is 20 shots of alcohol alot?

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 454
i was reading around on the internet and 1oz is 30mL one shot is 1.5 oz(44mL) and was woundering if 20 shots is a lot and what is considered leathal i know it depends on your body wieght but whats the average. or so.

Silver Member
Username: Bigsim

NSW Australia

Post Number: 279
Depends on what you're doing shots of. But in general, yes :P

Silver Member

Post Number: 455
hard acohol like 35% and 40%

Silver Member

NSW Australia

Post Number: 282
Yeah, it's a shitload. These numbers are rough, but work with me here. 20x44mL shots = 880mL. 40% of 880mL is 352mL. The average person has somewhere around 5L = 5000mL of blood. 352/5000 = 0.0704 = 7.04%. The highest blood alcohol content anybody has ever had is 0.96%, and normally death occurs at 0.5-ish.

Of course, you won't have a BAC of 4.8. Not all alcohol you consume will actually make it into your bloodstream, and of the amount that does, your body metabolises however much an hour.

BUT... if you consumed 20 shots in a short time, and managed to keep it down, I wouldn't imagine it would be very good for you. You may not and probably wouldn't die, but if you didn't, you'd sure feel like you were gonna :-)

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., SouthWest Mi... Too Many DBs...

Post Number: 852
Whoo 1,000,000% concentrated alcohol Whoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 centillion shots in 2 centillion seconds, whoo!

Upload

Silver Member

NSW Australia

Post Number: 283
That guy has a watermelon on his head.

Silver Member

Post Number: 854
(stating the obvious)

Gold Member
Username: John_s

Columbus, Ohio US

Post Number: 1310
­
This guy drinks only the best, and plenty of it.
­
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 918
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2459
20 is quite a bit, but not if your fat, my fat friend drank a bottle of JD, (25) as fast as we could pour the shots for him and he held it downd

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 2460
oops forgot to add he is 6 foot, 330

Silver Member

Post Number: 865
Dr Smith knows all! Hail Dr. Smith!

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2832
and thats alot of you dont normally drink and your body isnt used to it. but really it just seems stupid to drink that much or try and get that sh;t faced

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1628
20 shots is enough to KILL you.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1629
if you drink them fast enough

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2803
Kyle, don't be an azz. Wolfman is right. Your body has a defense mechanism against alchohol poisioning. It's called your reverse gear. When you consume a lot of high end liquor relatively fast, you bypass your body's defense. You essentially pass out before you can bring it back up. Leaving you with either choking on your own vomit in your slumber, or dying outright from your escalated bac. The police are trained not to administer a breathe test until they feel the booze in you stomache has entered your bloodstream, thus raising your bac. You think they're doing you a favor in giving you a few minutes, when all they're doing is assuring the highest possible reading. I've been burned b4 on that. One drink an hour is the only safe bet. Don't be a statistic.

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 892
It has a lot of variables like if you've eaten anything previously and how much and how much you weigh. You get drunk because your liver absorbs the alcohol, but if you have some food on your stomach your digestive system shuts off the opening to your liver to continue to digest the food. That being said, if alcohol is consumed on a full stomach than the liver has more time to dispose of the alcohol, leaving you sober. Getting grunk means you are working your liver too hard hence alcoholics have liver problems. I don't know if that applied at all haha.

Silver Member

Post Number: 457
well i had around 18 shots or so in about an hour and half im 6'1" 285lb and was playin a friend some pool, I still kicked his @ss even though i couldn't walk but then i sat down and about 10min later i was pukin hard. i was pukin for 6hrs then went to bed for 3 hrs and got up to puke some more. it was by far the worst alcohol experiance I've had. btw three doors down for some reason makes it easy to drink to. i don't drink much anymore to say the least.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2807
Maybe (hopefully) you've learned your lesson?

Silver Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 185
Yeah that about covers it Paul. This reminds me of when I was on tour in the midwest and we would see kids drinking Everclear like water

Half of Cali would be dead if they sold that sh!t out here.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2818
wow 20 shots i feel like such a lightweight, sh1t 5 shots of firewater plus about 10beers and i was fvckedd, but at 5county they told us that it all depends on your weight and your tolerance, but i read somewhere where a guy died after taking 21shots in a row.

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 924
yeah some people try 21 shots on their 21st bday and have died. seen that a couple times

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2808
I have many bottles of Bacardi 151 in my bar. Drank it once. Lala land after that. These college kids pulling off what they do scares me. I drank like a fish in my day, and did things that still amaze me now. I'm a beer man now, and stick mostly to that. I've seen some pretty nasty stuff that educated me. Most of which I want to forget.

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 2462
enlighten us paul, what have you seen

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2811
Bud I used to hang out with was a heavy drinker to the extreme. We'd hang out by the river with a case of beer or so, bs'n around a fire. He'd get so hammered he would force himself to throw up just to make room for more booze. My ex from Kentucky had a correction officer as a sister who also drank too much. Her son walked in on her laying on her kitchen floor.....dead. He was 10. She had drank an entire bottle and was found in a pool of her own vomit/blood. Not all booze related stories end with just a hangover.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 12480
Yup, the liver can only handle so much poison. Food does not shut anything off to your liver.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2825
Something to punctuate the thread. http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2007/01/chugs-whole-bottle.html

Silver Member

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 917
Damn. That must have been pretty weak liquor if he is still alive. My friend drank a fifth of SoCo over about a 3 hour period and he went to the hospital with a BAC of .25. He was supposed to be attending the Florida vs UT football game with me, and he got up to go to the bathroom and I didn't see him the rest of the night. His mom called me later and asked if I'd seen him and I had heard he made it home so I was like yeah he's at home and she was like no he's in the hospital. The cops found him in a pool of his own vomit passed out in the bathroom. That taught me my lesson about dangers with alcohol.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9902
what kind of question is this????

or course it's a lot numbnutz.

/thread:-)

Silver Member

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 940
hahaha ^^^ You the man muddy

Silver Member
Username: Tanmanfosho

Fi SSD15 Wangers

Post Number: 734
dotkah being fat doesnt have as much to do with it. its ur muscle mass. more muscle the mroe it absorbs fat does to but if u have a ot of muscle and fat u can usually take more. this weekend i had 25 beers. equals 25 shots in a 3 hour period...fun night

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2830
"this weekend i had 25 beers. equals 25 shots in a 3 hour period...fun night"

WTF are you talking about, 25beers doesn't equal 25shots, so your saying that since 10beers get me "buzzed" that 10shots will get me "buzed" LMAO i think not, if i had 10 shots i would be pretty fvckkin drunk.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 3016
Also depends on what shot. I have Bacardi 151 at my bar that I dare anyone to do 10 in a night, let alone 3 hrs. If you're sippin' whiskey, not as bad. But if you're playin' with the flavored schnappes, you could go all night. My favorite is Rumple minze. Moderation though fellas.

Gold Member

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2833
LOL 151 is fun, one night i had like 4 shots of it, and a couple beers, well the next morning i woke up with 2 black eyes, not from getting punched, but from getting DDT wrestling with friends, now that was a night to remember.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 2927
sounds like you really remember it well...lol

Silver Member

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 994
Haha. 1 beer equals 1 shot of 80 proof liquor. That's legit. I learned it in an alcohol serving class.

Gold Member

Montana USA

Post Number: 2475
im tired and hate school, i wish it wasnt so big or id light it on fire, but with gas prices so high i couldnt afford the gas to get a good fire goin

Silver Member

Post Number: 478
use red diesel theres no road tax lol

Gold Member

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 1036
haha where'd that come from doc?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts