Super-Loud Alarm Clock!

Silver Member
Username: Arande2

400dB could probably d..., 4000 isnt ev... 100,000dB FU...

Post Number: 656
No, I'm not showing you one, I'm asking for you to help me find an alarm clock. Let me explain.

About a year go I got this 110dB alarm clock because that's the loudest I could find. It worked for about a week, then my body adjusted to it. From then on, it quit waking me up (I was late for school several times). I now have to resort to my parents waking me up (they literally have to shake me and yell (sometimes) just to get me to wake up).

This is so annoying. I wondered if there were an alarm clock that could wake me up for sure. I'm looking for one that maybe has a headphone jack so I can turn a stereo up to extreme volumes (I mean loud) so that I wake up to this piercing sound that makes me have to jump up and turn the amplifier off. I don't know if I'm a deep sleeper or what, but I don't like having my parents wake me.

Thanks for ideas and suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 838
most stereo systems have alarm clocks on them and you just turn it on full blast and set the alarm on it. id say that would do the job. if not then hook some extra subs up to the stereo and that will definately do it

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1550
wife found one at Bed Bath and Beyond that is loud and piercing..even on the so called "soft" level...

Timex T110-T Super Loud Alarm Clock

http://shop.vendio.com/datakyar/item/753241130/?s=1168340402

not saying you have to buy it from there, but thats a link to show you what it looks like..you can do a google seard for Timex T110T and it will show other places that have it, including Ebay.

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 770
^^^probably the most annoying sound ever

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1730
I have 3 alarm clocks. on my bed, next to my ears.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1552
SO Eric...you have heard one of those Timex clocks?

Silver Member
Username: Livin_loud

18 of Love Fi Audio

Post Number: 773
haha no, just predicting...

i actually use my cell phone alarm, and clock radio as a backup. i usually don't have trouble waking up... its the getting up part that gets me

Silver Member

Post Number: 660
It just occurred to me, I don't know if I have any good informative posts.

Do I have any? I'm going searching!

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2743

quote:

Do I have any?

no you dont

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 1250
Nope.

But you might wanna think about some informative posts and stop staying up so late posting nothing and you may wake up without a 110db alarm clock.

You may need help if hair is growing in your palm.

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2701
Upload Funny as h3ll! Careful though Joseph. Andre has "sides" to him we may not want to see.

Gold Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 1383
Ok,

My problem is similar, but its not the volume, its just the actual fact that I can hear it when I am enjoying my dearest portion of my sleep.

Everytime I hear the alarm go off, I always think; Hey why does the garbage truck have to back up every time its in front of our house?

Silver Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Chicago, Illinois I Eats Beats...

Post Number: 364
what kind of alarm clock noise you going for, SQ? or SPL??

what kind of amp do you plan on powering it with?

are you gonna have it sealed or ported?

what is your budget?

J/K

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 904
my problem isnt how loud it is. i just use screamo songs on my cell to wake me up. my problem is getting out of bed. it wakes me up and then i think 'i'll lay here a couple more mins and then get up and then i fall back to sleep. i need a reason to wake up. maybe i need a clock that sets stuff on fire so i have to get up to put it out. LOL

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9805
mine scares the shyte out of me every morning....that can't be healthy. lmao

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2714
Actually, my doctor says first thing in the morning is when you're most at risk of a heart attack. My ex has our old alarm clock that had a "gentle" wake setting. Starts off as a whisper and gradually gets louder and louder. Heart attack free.

Silver Member

Post Number: 662
Lol first of all, Joseph and Paul. It's pretty hard to get on my bad side. I don't think I've gotten very mad at anything for years. I'm usually just like hmm and if it's bad enough I'll write an essay on "Humanity these Days" or something.

I either wake up naturally after about 15 hours of sleep. After 12 hours, only if I've slept 15 hours the night before. After 9 or less, NO WAY. I need something to scare me like crazy!

I just found something though. Lol I used to play music on my 100 w/rms power handling speakers at home, in my room, and never heard any distortion until I turned it past the 14th notch (almost 1/4th the way around the dial, 61 notches total) When I moved some old surround speakers (60w power handling) into my room and moved the old ones into the other room, when turned past the 6th notch, distortion sets in. I wonder if this is impedance or it's just the lower power handling. These are also 10dB lower in sensitivy, weird.

Gold Member

FTW

Post Number: 9814

quote:

maybe i need a clock that sets stuff on fire so i have to get up to put it out.

ROFL

and Andre, if you naturally wake up after 15 hours, you need counseling. i need 7-1/2 to 8 hours and i am good to go. also, they say too much sleep can kill ya

Silver Member

Post Number: 677
I know this lol. OMG I was exaggerating again. Knock 2 hours off all those lol.

Gold Member

FTW

Post Number: 9825
LMAo
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us