P2p

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8350
what the hell is p2p networkiong? my virus program keeps blocking it over and over and over and over it is getting so damn annoying. every 5-10 seconds it pops up saying it has blocked it. I already went into my control panel and deleted the program but it keeps coming up how do I get rid of this? it is only on my laptop not on either of my desktops.

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1788
Limewire, bearshare, kazaa, Bittorent etc. Those are P2P networks. If you want it to go away just tell the windows firewall or your virus protector firewall to allow it.

Annoying crap, hence the reason I don't use that junk.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8352
I dont either! I dont have any of those. should I still allow it? what is it?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1527
no, do not allow it. Someone is trying to get into your PC. Virus program is doing its job by blocking it.
Find out what its associated with and delete the program. You must have a program cause its trying to get to it.
Get Adware and run it, Get Spybot and run it.
Open your task bar and see what applications are running. You should be able to identify the program there.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8359
ok I have run a full virus scan and a syware scan and came up clean. I looked it up and it said it is adware. It said to delete it go to control panel, remove programs and find p2p and remove it. I did that and it is still coming up. do you think I need to restart for it to take effect? what is a good free adware site? I have mcafee virus and spyware but not adware.

Gold Member

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1789
Like marc said, the 2 best adware programs are Adaware and Spybot. Download these, update them to the newest definitions and do a full system scan with both.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/select_your_product.php
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1529
google Spybot search and destroy its free
google ad-aware from lava soft Ad-aware 5.0 free
McAfee doesnt work all that well for these.
Again get those 2 programs and run em.
I ran McAfee and it found nothing. I then ran spybot and got 28 hits
then ran Ad-aware and got another 9 hits.
You will be shocked at what it will find.
Do it and then run at least once a week.

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1530
Note. You need to run em both cause they look for diffrent things

Gold Member

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1791
^^^ Beat you to the punch with my links marc, HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

JK bro. :-)

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8361
holy toledo batman!! I am not even done with the first scan and it is at 171 items found lol

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1534
My wifes lap top, from the factory, never even online, set it up went and got those programs and it found a bunch of stuff. Manufactures bundle it in with other programs to track your viewing/buying habits.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8363
thats the same thing with me, my laptop is fairly new, within 3 months. I have yet to scan my desktops:-)

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2243
Aol is notorious for their BS. The first dell I bought had Aol on it. First mission was to delete it. 6 months later my credit card was charged the $29/mo fee Aol charges for it's internet service. I was like "HOLY FUCKTARDS!!!" Called them up and they said Aol came with the pc free for 6 months, then the credit card used for the PC purchase was to be used as payment for the Aol. I thought to myself "I never signed up for Aol" Well if you read the microscopic print buried in the middle of your Pc purchase agreement.....
To make matters worse, they said they couldn't accept a termination over the phone, it had to be in writing, and could take 6-8 weeks to process the termination.
Now I'm fit to be tied. After all the deleting of Aol from my Pc, and going through the bs of cancelling the service I never requested, I still have those G@ddamn renewal programs that keep popping up.
Aol is the worst by far in this tactic and it sickens me that so many people still use it. It's crap like this that give Aol a bad name. http://ebaumsworld.com/2006/07/canceling-aol.html

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2502
thanks for those links its helpfull

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8364
Wow Paul I have never seen so many faces in a single post lol

PS I quarenteened 199 addwares. 170 of them were like you said Marc tracking programs.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2246
Aol will do that to ya.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8394
yeah that is kind of rediculous!

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9639
AOL is the anti-christ

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8463
I just did my desktop and between teh 2 of them I had over 400 hits!!!!! damn man these programs are good.:-) thanks again:-)

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1560
Do you notice any diffrence in the speed of your pc?

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2371
Not all of those hits are viruses. Mostly spyware and tracker programs. Some even come hidden in your browser programs that you don't know about. Sometimes I'll be sitting at my computer, not doing a d@mn thing and my activity light on my dsl modem is flashing like a mother. I think to myself, "what the fack is going on!"

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8464
well after I scanned with both of them I defregged and cleaned my disk space so I deff notice a difference:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us