FINALLY! (sorry about caps)

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 725
I finally (think) I sold my Solo X. Craigslist really works, and I did not see that coming at all. Some guy from Wisconsin, but resides in London, is sending me a money order for 520 dollars for my 10. I've accumulated (with this) 1030 dollars, and I can finally do some upgrades with the system! If Christmas treats me well I could pull in another 3-400 hopefully. Start throwing crazy ideas at me. I think my first purchase will be a new head unit assuming I don't get it for Christmas, but people throw out some ideas for upgrading. I'm wanting to go with 2 15's, I think. I thought about 3 12s but I heard it gives you a weird configuration. I also heard JL is good with 3 because they have strange configs to begin with. Any truth? Any suggestions? Thanks, boys!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8308
if you are doing 3 subs the easiest is to buy dual 6 ohm subs. JL doesnt do it anymore they used to with the orig w6's. 3-dual 6 ohm subs can be wired to 4ohms series and 1 ohm parellel.

Bronze Member
Username: Luisdelbronx

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 71
Umm be careful with that..overseas people trying to buy off people in cl are usually scammers..dont send your sub.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8311
what? are you reading the same thread I did Luis?

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1881
james, read the first couple lines and youll see what luis is talking about. it seems that yuo only read the lsat couple lines and luis read only the first couple lines.

Bronze Member

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 72
I've gotten lots of emails from overseas buyers on cl. they will make up some story like "my son is in the states and i am in london" or "my nephew is ill and i would really like your item shipped to me in nigeria asap". Most of the time they try to offer more then what I posted my item for to sucker me into it. But yea, the last thing you want is to be scammed out of your Solo X. Just looking out for a fellow ecoustics'er.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8339
ohhhhhh ok got ya, I had the same thing happen when I sold my car last year but I knew what was going on.

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 874
but if he gets the money order first he should be good though. right? I never really sell stuff online so i dont know how it works

Bronze Member

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 73
http://www.lets-ride.com/classifiedadvertisements/thescams.htm

check that site out to see how they work, the second one tells about the money order.

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8362
no they send fake money orders that will clear your bank in about 3 days so you send out your product then the money order comes up fraudulent and you have to pay the bank back everything you you deposited and you dont have your item anymore.

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 881
wow james id probally kill someone if that happened to me.

thanks for the link luis

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

SSX, Tenneki US of A

Post Number: 756
Yeah, Polo warned me about it. That really blows. He's having me ship it to Wisconsin. What I was going to do is clear the money order before I sent the product. That way I could see if he's really screwing me over. If you look in the subwoofer section I posted his e-mail he sent to me. If you get bored go read it and tell me what ya think. It's under the thread "Story and Suggestions".

Gold Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8434
how about a link?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us