Whats the Best concert you saw?

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1468
Ive been to many concerts. But the one that stands out was Michael Jackson backed by Cris Cross at Landsdown Way in Ireland. He played every hit song with over the top stage props/extras/dancers. And at the end he took off in a REAL jet back over the crowd. You could feel the heat from the jets as he buzzed around the stadium, and landed back stage. Best show Ive every seen to this day. Kiss comes in second with explosions and pyrotechnics at every song. Full costume with blood spitting and all. Third in line is Blondie. Even went backstage and talked to her after the show for a while. Nice lady. That was at the at Hammersmith in London. Actually saw her a few days ealier at Wembley stadium in London with Jesus James and Oasis. Those are my top 3.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2363
hmm i dont nkow a wild one i went to was leftover crack and a huge fight broke out with the skinheads so it was 175+people with broken beer bottles fighing until SWAT showed up, the band van got torched though

then a year latter when they played here they brought machettes and yeah,,,pretty funny

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2104
Best was a Def Leppard concert, "In the round". Best time by far. Worst would have to go to a Nine inch nails/David bowie concert. Waited through 3 hours in the rain for Bowie and he gets up on stage and states that he will NOT be performing anything previously released, only new stuff. After 3 songs, the concert was called on account of "poor fan response". Worst $150 I've ever spent.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1472
Dam, That tough. I saw Def Leapord twice. Once with the B-52s when Joey had his arm, and once after when he played "solo".
Also seen Bowie. He played a lot of his old stuff, Spiders from Mars, Ziggy, The Man... Great showman as well.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1639
anyone been to a show at nissan pavilion in No VA, i doubt anyne has. i worked there over this summer and thuoght itd be cool to see if anyone did.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1324
The first concert I went to was Ratt with then unknown Bon Jovi (the whole group) opening for them, but I liked Bon Jovi better of the 2. I got stoned for the first time, and even had a girl I met there sitting on my shoulders..fun fun..

Now the best...It only cost me 97cents to get in because 97 Rock, the local station was sponsoring it. It was in Atlanta, at some ampitheater...now for those who don't know, and ampitheater has the stage and regular seating down below with a roof over it, but behind that is a grassy area where u can sit and enjoy the concert. Well, when u paid 97cents you were supposed to sit in the grassy area, but since not a lot of people showed up,me and my friends ended up about halfway up in the seats to the stage.
There were 5 groups playing and it started at 5pm

First was Dangerous Toys
Then some group I dont even remember
then Motorhead, they didn't play very long, only about 5 or 6 songs, including Ace of Spades.
Then the main 2
First Alice Cooper...he put on a good 2hour show, with the stage set up with a giant skull in the middle and two skeletal hands on the sides. the drummer was behind one hand. He did part of the show live, then ran back into the face of the skull, then there was a video that played on a screen above the skull, then after the video he came out again, and did the rest of the show,
then came the last group.
The stage was changed then Judas Priest came out with Rob Halford riding on a Harley and singing Hell Bent for Leather...I only stayed about 45 minutes into their show, because it was 1am and I had to go to work the next day, but the whole thing was pretty good, except for maybe that group I cant think of.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 286
Best concert by far i've ever been to was Wolfmother. It was a small theatre in Chicago, no fancy pyrotechnics or any crap like that, just an amazing band playing an amazing show. second best had to be Elton John. i didnt go to this one by choice, but it turned out being pretty good.

Bronze Member
Username: Bsman

Sarnia, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 76
best one i went to was TSO (Trans-Siberian Orchestra) in toronto a few weeks back it was pretty good. its quite different because they play christmas type music but have pyrotechnics and amazing lighting involved.

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2130
Ok, we'll completely ignore that post referring to an all boys choir.

Shhh. I like them too.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11983
James Taylor Concert...any of his concerts.
Nice, laid back and you can actually hear him sing instead of trying to hear over screaming fans. Damn...I feel old :-(

Gold Member

Nj US

Post Number: 2136
I have NEVER seen Jimmy Buffet in concert. With my lifestyle, I'm ashamed. "Why don't we get drunk and......"

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 697
Surprisingly, Old Crow Medicine Show. I doubt anyone has ever heard of them, but I really enjoyed it. Mr. Mac and Yo Gotti at The Red Iguana was straight too.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8191
Buffet is a fantastic show I have been to 35 buffet show's:-) another great one is the allman bros and Berny James Taylor was a great one also. I saw paul simon and bob dylan that was a good one too:-)

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8110
i went to a u2 concert at the dodgers stadium with my uncle and his friends like 12 years ago. it was awesome.

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 700
James, how does Jimmy Buffet and Bob Dylan hit?

Gold Member
Username: Joe_c

Atlanta, GA

Post Number: 1129
Rolling Stones in Bobby Dodd stadium 1989. Wowsers!!!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8204
it depends, it isnt like rap bass it is more punchy tunes I guess lol some buffet gets loud but more of SQ tunes. I love the acoustic guitar and vocal's. He uses a stand up bass in a lot of his songs so they get down low some of his stuff. bob dylan tangled up in blue sounds good, its all prefference. I love it. When I am in a bad mood I crank on jimmy buffet and I somehow always end up with a smile on my face like this:-):-):-) lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us