Can i get some ideas

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1553
i need ideas for christmas...for myself. what should i ask for? whatever i ask for, ill probably get. about 700-1000 budget. i asked for cash money but my parents say that they will give only some money and the rest in presents i pick. i dont know why.

so whos got ideas?

the only thing i came up with was: bigger alt and of course to get my sh-t installed finally

ps. no ps3, xbox360, wii, i dont need any car audio, got the windows tinted already,

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Qnited States of FI Ca...

Post Number: 768
They dont want you to blow it on hooker$ and booze...lol

Tools?

You got a TV in your car?

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 8045
a stripper.

if no then laptop, tv, hd dvd, new bed, new desk, massaging recliner chair, new dresser, de walt power tool set, tie, suit, wallet, plane ticket to hawaii, shoes, socks, boxers, air purifier for your room, vitamins, snowboard, skiis, down payment on a snowmobile, down payment on a motorcycle, couple of giants tickets, tickets yankees season opener next year, tickets to the knicks game, donation to a charity on behalf of your name, basketball rim and backboard, a keg, a mini bar in your room, throw a cocktail party, bicycle, go cart, lawn mower, weed wacker, hedge trimmer, snow plow, gift certificate at sears, blank dvd's, blank cd's, hat....

to be continued.....

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Qnited States of FI Ca...

Post Number: 769
Well......I think chad has it all covered then..haha

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1554
chad wins.

but, i have a tv in my room, i have a laptop, new bed already, new desk, got a chair that massages, new dresser, dont need tools cuaes my dad has them, already got 4 ties, dont need a suit, got a new wallat, going to FLA already for christmas, got new shoes, dont need socks/boxers, i can borrow my moms purifier, got vitamins, suck at snowboarding/skiiing, no reason for a snowmobile altho it would be tight, dad has a motorcycle, giants might be a little far from me, me and my dad are already getting tickets to a couple games when tnhey go on sale for the summer, not a fan of basketball, donation is legit, again dont like basketball, im 18 so no keg or minibar or cocktail party, dont need a bike/got my car, no go cart, dads got a lawn mower/weed hacker/hedge trimmer/snow plow, gift card to sear=no but maybe to BB for movies and whatnot, got blank cds/dvds, hat could happen.

there i covered it all...haha

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1555
headrest tvs would kickass altho no one sits in the back of my car but itd be tight to have.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1196
gte some performance parts for you car.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1559
i would if i knew anything about performance. its auto car, would it even be worth it?

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11938
Simple bolt ons won't really do much.

Get yourself into home audio:-)

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1562
im 18, i dont really need home audio. im happy with my dads 55" sony and some kind of surround sound. im sure that doesnt touch anything people here have but it works for me.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1571
bumpin it up for some more good ideas

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11944
Save it or put it in a mutual fund.

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1202
what kind of car you got. you can notice a good difference with bolt ons and yes it is worth it with an auto car.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1582
scion tc

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2086
Best way to double your $$? Fold it and put it in your pocket.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1590
thats just it tho, they said they'll give me only 300 of it in cash probably, maybe a lil more. so i need to come up with some other stuff i want.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11947
I have to disagree Joseph.

Be that as it may, what kind of performance do you expect out of a car with bolt on parts? I hope you don't believe all that advertising for bolt on intakes and headers and expect 25 horsepower.

No disrespect to Yanks Fan. But it does not make your car better nor raise its value. When you trade it in or sell it, you cannot add what you've done to the value of the car. The buyer is always interested in the bluebook value, not because you've got an intake or a k&n filter. It gives you bragging rights and that you've got this and that or what have you...nothing more.

The measly horsepower gain you think you've got has no real effect unless you can get to a dyno. And even then what are you going to achieve...I can tell you right now...nothing significant. Stop light races? Then what. who can you beat with a Scion that has bolt on parts??? Not a lot.

You want real horespower gains, you are going to spend real money and have it installed by real mecahnics and technicians. This is not some weekend jobber. This is serious stuff.

And no disrespect to you Joseph, what do you drive? What bolt-ons do you think increase measurable and significant HP? And if you did do anything to your car how do you know it made a difference, did you get it to a dyno?

The work your friend claims he did to his car do not count :-)

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1592
no disrespect taken here berny. i know nothing about performance

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11949
You have great car and it should last you for a good long while. Keep it the way it is and concentrate on the audio you want.

The 160 HP you've already got in that car is already faster and better than a lot of other cars.

Keep this in mind "Horses cost money"... and 300 or even 1000 bucks will not get you a very good horse.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1595
i didnt think so. i knew it was expensive to get into. maybe later in life when i get a real job. ill stay focused on audio for the time being.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 2089
I love sport bikes. How else are you gonna spend $8000 on a machine that can do 200+ mph, 0-60 in less than 3 seconds, and put out 160HP???? FROM THE FACTORY??????

If I were 10 years younger and making the $$ I do now, without children, it would be me!!

Gold Member
Username: Leew

XXXX!!WWWW, Yokosuka, ... YAKUDZA JAP...

Post Number: 1118
Buy some of the stocks! then watch how yours money +++++ or ----- Just start with $1000...
http://personal.fidelity.com/research/stocks/content/marketsindex.shtml?banner=1 2493134&immid=00050&psite=google&crtype=search&kw=stock_market

Gold Member
Username: Leew

XXXX!!WWWW, Yokosuka, ... YAKUDZA JAP...

Post Number: 1119
Buy from Oil or Energy Sector....

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1463
There is one bolt on they will give you some Kick. NO2. But again, you need to upgrade the engine first. may get away with a small shot like 30-50, but a nice shot of 250-300 takes about 6-7 g in engine mods.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1603
jen thats a good call and all but i dont think i can but my money into stock, doubt my parents would do that. and i dont even know if 18 year old can do that, can i?
good idea tho, i could make some money off that bittch

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11952
Like I wrote before. It needs to be done right. And Nitrous is not simple as magazines lead you to believe.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us