How do you deal with telemarketers?

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 1937
I know, you hang up, right? Well I'm on the national do not call list and they still get through. Finally I had a fun idea. I gave the phone to my 6 year old son. Funniest sh!t I've done in a long time! I had my boy asking the telemarketer what she was wearing, what her fav movie was, if she likes Pokemon, if she was lonely, ect..... You can hear the desperation in the operator's voice trying to get an adult.
My son likes doing it so much now he jumps whenever the phone rings. "I'll get it, I'll get it!" We work on routines and everything; Daddy's in his room with Mommy, The dog is humping the cat, Uncle jed is playing with explosives in the basement......All funny as f@ck!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1358
LMAO, thats what I do. I act like I'm some child and be like. HEY LADY I'm playing with my wee wee. LMAO.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11913
First i ask them their name.

Then I ask for their supervisor's name.

I ask them the company they work for.

I then tell them that I am on the "Do not call" List.

Then I tell them that they are breaking the law and i will file a law suit.

They usually apologize then hang up.

Don't even give them the chance to say anything else.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 2296
hahaha thats funny paul, if im in a good mood and fell like fooling around celebrity sound boreds are pretty fun

also ill freak out on them once in a while and be like you people always calling thats it im sick of this and then shoot the paintball gun and just let the phone sit there....its so funny either theyll hang up or be like...umm...sir?

BTW im on the do not call list to and still get calls

Gold Member
Username: Bestmankind

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7929
alot of times i hang up. but sometimes i have fun with them.

i start telling them that i am an alcoholic. i have a major problem and i need help. i ask them for their advice on what i should do. i even tell them that i want to commit suicide and i need someone to talk to so i ask them if they have the time to listen to my problems.

i did that about 3 times and all three times they responded by saying they didn't call to listen to me. so i tell them to go fukkkk themselves and hang up.

couple of times i asked them if they had a fine sister or wife. that kinda pisses them off.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 1938
There was a Seinfeld episode where Jerry got a call and he told the caller that he didn't have time, but if they would give him their personal home # he would call them back later. Telemarketer told him he didn't want to be bothered at home. Jerry responded "Well now you know how I feel." Then hung up on him.

Priceless

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 685
I basically jsut cuss them out then say f_ck your mother.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7930
yeah i remember that episode paul. lol. it was funny.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11916
Or go watch "40 Year Old Virgin"...that conversation was hilarious!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 8081
I am on the do not call list and have been tellemarketer free since. I will get the occasional survey call but thats it. Ohh I also have the privacy manager that helps a ton, if you don't have it I highly reccomend it.

Gold Member

Fi AudioBTL

Post Number: 7943
you got it all covered james. you da man.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1449
berny wins with that. funny part of the movie.

yea my family doesnt answer our phone, if its important people call our cells.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 2656
most of the time i answer and say "hello, goodbye" and hang up but sometimes i'll have with em and ask em stupid questions or get emotional on them, then other times i won't say anything at all and see what they do thats the funnest.

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1269
I have caller ID, so I don't answer....or if I do, and they try to sell me something, I will tell them "Thanks, but I'm not interested."....if they keep on after that, I hang up.

Silver Member
Username: I_likes_da_bass

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 269
If I get a call from them, I usually sit there and listen to their entire spill and ask all kinds of questions and act all interested. Then after about 30 minutes I just say no thanks and hang up. That really gets them upset if you keep them on the phone that long then say you don't want it. There have also been times that my wife will get a call and she is to nice to just hang up so I start yelling and saying get off the phone. Is that your boyfriend and all kinds of crap like that. She's had them ask her if she was going to be ok before. LOL.

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2156
i just set the phone down and go back to what i was doing

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2157
i just set the phone down and go back to what i was doing

Silver Member

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 687
No one must have gotten my reference to 40 year old virgin... she ends the call with "ok, f_ck your mother"... Haha, funny stuff.

BTW, seinfeld is one of the greatest shows ever...

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 870
Someone sent me a practical joke on a telemarketer,

Telemarketer: Hi, is John Doe there (forgot his name)
Person on other side: Sir, how did you know mr doe ?
Telemarketer: Excuse me ?
Person: Sir, I'm from the colorado state police and we are currently investigating the death of a mr john doe. Once again sir, how did you know him ?
Telemarketer: I'm just doing my job (in a startled voice)
Person: Sir, i've tracked your call and we are sending a car to get you in for some questions.
Telemarketer: WHAT !!?? My supervisor told me to call, I don't even know whats going on. (Starts crying)
Person: Sir, i'm gonna have to ask you to calm down.

Thats`the jist of it, there was lot more
Can't remember the rest, if I find it i'll post it..really funny

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1289
the guys name is Tom Mabe, and the whole bit is longer than that. He hates telemarketers and there's even one where the telemarketers are staying in a hotel for a telemarketing conference....he calls them at like 3am asking them to donate to the "Telemarketers with Insomnia Foundation"...lol

here's the call where he does the murder thing

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/10/tom-mabe-telemarketer.html

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1569
reece i got it, i laughed at it earlier in the thread

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9560
OK OK OK OK OK!!!!!

heres what i do!!!

"phone rings"

..................................."answering machine kicks on"

........."no message is left"

:-)

Silver Member

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 705
Given.... Yeah, Yanks, I tried finding the quote online but it was nowhere.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1684
that could be the funniest part of that movie just cause of how unepected it was.

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 781
I had a person call sellin magazines one time and I was like "Wow, I don't normally get magazines but I wanna get some." anyway, we talked for like 15 mins and I had all of them picked out (after she read this list of like 50 out to me like 10 or so times) and she asked for my mailing address and I was like "Oh yeah, probably should have asked before we did all this but, can I get these in brail? I'm blind." she said no in a really pissed off voice and I said nevermind and hung up.

Also I used to get a lot of calls from the navy, army, air force.... and I just told them I was a h0m0 and after I said that, they would stop calling...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us