Nissan maxima question

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 745
im looking to add some HP to my car is there any quick ways to do this? Im looking at a cold air intake and a catback exhaust. Does anyone have any opinions. Thankss

Gold Member
Username: Leew

XXXX!!WWWW, Yokosuka, ... SPESNAZ. ...

Post Number: 1041
Here!

and

Here!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1042
and BTW,it's very quick and easy if you do it on a lift (exhaust).!

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 265
blue streak is a good choice to for exhaust

I can get them for like 15-20 bucks

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 747
jennifer is 600 for an entire exhaust system a good price? or no

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 748
And is there any other quick and easy add ons for HP im not good with this stuff so any information helps

http://www.customenterprise.com/viewer/shop/templates/template.1.product.asd/scs pid/870/vts/design017

Thats what im looking into for an exhaust. I believe thats everything i would need. And i think thats replacing all my old parts right?

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 749
sorry for tripple post... But that weapon R intake is pretty cheap is that better then this one. Its the one im looking to get

http://www.customenterprise.com/viewer/shop/templates/template.1.product.asd/scs pid/994/vts/design017

Gold Member

Post Number: 1044
yea price is not bad! but check if you can pass Emissions Test with this system!!! this is more important!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1045
Features
- 6061 T-6 Aluminum Alloy
- Rubber vibra-mount used to relieve stress due to engine torque.
- Injen silicon straight hose connections with stainless steel clamps.
- Injen's specialty purpose silicone hose
- Tig welded bracketry and rubber vibra-mount for extra support.
- Tig welded vacuum ports.
- Injen's urethane Air Filter with built in velocity stack
- Maximum Peak HP 167 HP gain : +12.9 HP at 5250 rpm
- Maximum Peak Torque 171.4ft-lb Gain: +6.3ft-lb at 5020 rpm
- Maximum HP Gain vs. Stock: +14.6HP at 5020 rpm
- Maximum Torque gain vs Stock: +10.9 ft-lb at 5020 rpm

Not bad...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1046
once I saw polished head and polished manifold (inside)! They promise + 58 HP.....$2700 . valves and camshaft sold separate!

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 750
Maximum Peak HP 167 HP gain??? lol what product are those specs for. And what is an emissions tests. Is that like when u get ur car registered every year, cuz they dont even look at my car my dads friend owns some place or some crap

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 751
damn i dont know half the stuff ur talking about lol i never looked into performace for my car jus exterior looks. But im trying to save money up this winter to get some extra HP. I was looking into headers also but i want the intake and exhaust first then ill think about headers

Silver Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

Maryville, TN Us

Post Number: 629
K&N air filter... helps gas mileage and give you a 25 HP boost

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 752
does it really? Do you have a link to that Reece?

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 753
http://www.car-stuff.com/performance/quote.php?make=19&year=2000&model=203&brand =2407&part_name=5&category=

Reece is this what ur talking about?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1047
Stage 2 Auto
address 90 S Rt 9w Hvrstrw,NY tel.(845)429-3301. It's 45 min.to drive from you (Albany way),Call them tommorow,ask them,then you can visit them!

They very good!!!

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 1048
after Tapan Z bridge you make Right! I meet you there!

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 754
albany is atleast 4 hours from me. I was just looking at those air filters reeced was talking about.. Are they really that good?

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 755
i thought u lived in japan lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 1049
Do you know where is a Palisade Mall?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1050
I meet you there! never mind,just kiding, I got friend from Rockland!

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 756
lol.....So if i bought the catback exhaust i showed you the cold air intake i showed and the air filter reece said. Would i notice a difference in HP?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1052
it's could be BS too,to check this out (all parameters)you need a special tools for that! Or at list to connect OBDII (CAN)special scanner and drive 30 min...
Call tommorow to this guys...they will tell what is good and what is not!
My thoughts: $ 20-200 cannot rise the HP...

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 758
aol://2719:10-4-ecoustics

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 759
^^ ignore that... But if u have aim or aol make a buddy chat type in ecoustics and invite urself there

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1134
yo you could get light weight underdrive pully's light weight cam gears, light weight cam shaft. head ported and polished/shaved W/E, after market spark plugs and wires, bigger fuel injectors, turbo, full exhaust headers down, get your ecu chiped.

is you car standard or auto

o ya you could buy a blue strobe light, them puppies add light 400 HP easy cheap to.

haha

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 770
Joseph i was looking at an underdrive pully whats that do and is it easy to install.... My cars automatic... Im jus trying to get some easy parts to gain some HP i dont know much about performace. Thanks for the help. I appreciate it

Gold Member

Post Number: 1143
if you car is auto im pretty sure you can find somone to tune you ecu so it has better shifts and more fuel and air going into the engine.

u know the belt under you hood that goes around the altenator well all the other pulleys the belt s going around weigh alot and with light weight pullys its less weight so they can spin easier. if you know what your doing they should be pretty easy to install. they do add a good amout of horse power 5-15

Gold Member

Post Number: 1144
google it all thats kinda how i learned the little i know

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 773
thanks a lot joseph, also with that pully i have to change the belts too it says. My dad use to be a mechanic back in the day so i doubt he will have any problems. So this is what im gonna go with for this winter. Injen cold air intake. new pully, cattman exhaust, and a new air filter that reece said. 3 of those 4 things are on customenterprise.com

And do you know how much HP a v6 2000 maxima se has

Bronze Member
Username: El_chupacabra_online

Latino america, Todo Colombia

Post Number: 30
In 2001 Nissan officials say their twin-cam V6 is the best available and they may be right. Output was increased 32 horsepower to 222 horsepower. By comparison, the Camry V6 offers 194 horsepower, the Accord V6 makes 200, the Lexus ES 300 V6 delivers 210.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1158
cavs you dont have to change the belt but its best if you do because it also taken apart u might as well right. also get high performance spark plugs and wires its the little tings that help. and instead of getting a full intake system if your running low on money just get k&n filter for your stock air box. and you should get headers with the exaust. i dont know what you paying for exhaust but there are a few respectable name and im sure you could find them on ebay or suttin. and there are alot of places that make custom exhausts chech it out. and you welcome im glad i could help, i sure wish we could have a auto section on ecoustics.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1159
hey and dont be afraid to look into suspention to. a cars nothing if it cant hold the road good.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11768
K&N Filter = 25 HP boost???? NO!

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 775
my spark plugs im going to leave just because i needed new ones last week and had them changed. Im going to go with the exhaust and the injen air intake. The underground pully i was lookinga t said teh belt had to be changed to a smaller size. if when im putting it in and the belts are fine then i guess ill just leave them. Im also going to get a new air filther, because there cheap not that i think its actually going to make a difference. And headers i was looking into the catman one on customenterprise.com its 1000 bucks so im going to wait for a little. Oh yeah and the exhaust is also on that site its also catman too. Thanks for the help again... And do u think wih the things i said im going to do ill notice a differece?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1165
well plugs are cheap and depending on what ones u got put in you will see a difference. and if you gonna get an intake then theres no point having a air filter . what i said is if you do get an air filter get a K&N because you will see a good differnece. headers you can get cheaper look elsware a G is a bit much. look for high performanec wires to. with all that stuff done you will notice a good difference. gains are hard to tell when things are done one at a time but if you do it all at once you should see a good difference. i would look at other sites to there are better exhaust and stuff elsewere. check out ebay.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1166
Did i say 25 HP gain

thats not true if i did.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11779
I think that was Reece who wrote that. I think he was just kidding.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11780
Simple bolt-on upgrades are not that noticeable and any HP gains are hard to measure driving by the seat of your pants. It only seems like you gained HP because you also tend to mash on the throttle a little bit harder than usual once you put on these parts. The only way to really tell HP gains will be through a dyno.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7842
Exactly, I was reading through this wondering why noone called the K&N out:-) the drop in filter will add nothing, the K&N FIPK added 9 HP dynoed on my truck, if they make a CPU programmer for your car to change the shift points this will help as well, mine added 7 HP dynoed. If they make a header/exaust system for your car that is where you will notice the most as far as easy parts. The header and exaust on my truck dynoed a whopping 26HP:-) Now if you do the header and exaust your engine is gonna breath nicely but inorder for it to exhale you need to let it onhale right? You will need a new intake. I run the K&N FIPK like I said before and I love it. I dont know if it is available for your can man but you can check. Look into superchip supertuners also.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us