My computer

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1214
well, HP got my computer today, should be working on it. According to the e-mial they sent me, where I can check on it, it is expected to get back to me on Dec. 13th....until then, I got to use the library...

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 267
i'm sorry, you bought an HP

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 1618
Better than Compaq, Emachines, and Gateway. Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 270
I buy all my own componets and install them my self. HP computers suck. or at least I got all the bad ones. you left out dell on your list, turd in a box thats what that is

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 1188
im on an hp, works fine for me

Gold Member
Username: Alias747

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1693
Kyle why are you hatin on dell? I'd say out of all the pre-assembled computer companies Dell is the best. They have decent warranties too. But ofcourse I am definately going to agree with you, building your own pc is the only way to go. Plus all the pre-loaded junk that is on the store bought computers slows your computer way down because they have so much crap starting when Windows loads up. I was amazed with my friends Dell...

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 1279
Dell FTW for all name brand computers. Why? Because they got a lot to offer and great service.

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11731
It's nice that some people can assemble their own computers. Not everybody can do that nor have the time to do so. Some would just like the convenience of buying a built computer. Open the box, put it all together and you are done. Who cares if people think they suck or they are no good, it is their money, let them do with it what they want.

Gold Member

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1694
I was not saying that someone is dumb for buying a pre-assembled computer. In fact you can't even come close to building a computer as cheap as buying from dell that stuff is getting sooooo cheap now. It's like 400 bucks for a flat panel monitor, the computer and like a printer with free shipping! NO WAY you can build your own for that cheap.

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Nj US

Post Number: 1623
Luv my HP. 17" flat screen, dvd burner, 160gig HD, 512 ram, all for less than a grand 2 years ago. Once you go flat, you don't go back! Dell service?....welllll, I'd have to disagree. My CP's from start to present are/were: Compaq, Dell, Compaq notebook, Dell, HP. Guess what? Only service I've EVER needed to my cp's has been to Dell and Compaq. I only group Emachines and Gateway together because, well, because.

Gold Member
Username: Leew

XXXX!!WWWW, Yokosuka, ... SPESNAZ. ...

Post Number: 1055
my!
Upload
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Eclipse Ti, MN

Post Number: 1701
What kind of hardware are you running in that Jen? LOVE the monitor! Upload

Silver Member

Post Number: 272
emachines oh my god talk about a peace of crap. my grandma got one of those and it seemed like every week the damn thing would break down and she would have to send it in for repair she finally just told them to shuv it up ther @ss cause thats all its worth. now she owns an HP which so far is running good. I just don't like pre-built computers my computer was like $500 I got a 2.6ghz pentium( would like an amd athloyn dual core) 1gb ram,280gb,room for two more sata HD's, samsung crt flat screen 17", altec lansing 2.1 speakers(had 5.1 but to many speakers for my desk), dvd/cd burner , video card could use updating(xstasy radeon 9200se) fury case.

berny veiwing from your post you got lots of time to assemble a computer.

Silver Member
Username: I_likes_da_bass

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 196
I'm loving my new Dell. It is sweet.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11732
Yes Kyle you can know so much about people because of their post count. Way to go, man!

Silver Member

Post Number: 277
berny"You have nothing good to say and you like putting people down when they do not coincide with your beliefs." my wife said the same thing still trying to work on that most of the stuff I say is sarcasim but since this is the interent I can't change how I'm saying to get the point accros didn't mean to hurt no ones feelings or nothing. just stating my opinion. I must note however I don't seem to be making good progress and I apologize.

Gold Member
Username: Leew

XXXX!!WWWW, Yokosuka, ... SPESNAZ. ...

Post Number: 1056
Isaac W (coze you asked!)

Well this is my box inside:
Windows XP Professional
Motherboard: Intel D975XBX2
Processors: Intel Core 2 Extreme quad-core processor QX6700 2.66 GHz. 8Mb L2 Processor 1066 MHz
Memory: 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 800MHz (1GB x 4)
Hard Disk : 2 x 400GB 7200RPM SATA Hard Drives
Sony DVD Drive: 16X DVD+/-R/RW Dual Layer Drive w/Cyberlink
Mad Dog DVD Drive: 16X DVD+/-R/RW Dual Layer Drive w/Cyberlink
Video Cards: GeForce 7950GT 512MB PCI-Express (2 DVI)
Sound Card: SoundBlaster X-Fi Platinum
45-in-1 Card Reader Black
3.5" 1.44MB Floppy Drive Black
Firewire Port
Power: 500 Watt Power

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11734
Thanks Kyle, that's very big of you man. I think you are making progress:-) And I am not being sarcastic.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1218
WELL, just got the e-mail from HP.....computer should be here in a couple of days YAY!!!
OH, and btw...its not a HP, its a Compaq...which just happens to be made by HP....oh, and I will never get a Compaq again.
OK, just for future reference....what is a good brand of computer?

Username: Luv4losers

Post Number: 10
hey guys, i dont think HPs are bad, they are good and their customer service and repair jobs are awesom. But Dell is opposite. I know it coz i m a sales associate in computers. Yeah compaq are bad but it also depends on where u live. i m living in canada and i sell alot of hp thnk god no one has come back yet.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1223
if HP's arent bad , then Compaq shouldnt be either, seeing as HP makes both. And their tech support and repair did a great job, only took a week to get it back to me.

Silver Member
Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 867
Dell is way too proprietory, I do not like their service....and if you try to cancel an order....they hound you for days..."are you sure you want to cancel"....3 days later "did you cancel a computer"

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

FTW

Post Number: 9424
Dell FTW.:-)

oh and that monitor Jen has, is my new TV:-)

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 7794
Dell are well made computers for the money. The only problem is their outsourced garbage customer service. I pray I don't ever have to deal with them again. Absolutely atroshious!!!!!!!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us