Any dunners or riders?

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Http://www.cardomain.c...

Post Number: 217
I've been ridding four wheelers since I was 4 years old. mainly in the sand dunes. and was just wondering if there were any others out there

Upload
Mine^^-------------------------------------------------------------------------------Dads^^

Upload
heres my bro^

Upload
Huge bowl^^

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1558
^^Awesome

Silver Member
Username: J_baby15

Kentucky

Post Number: 959
sweet. We like to ride across frozen ponds in the winter, its awesome. Like ice skatin wit a 4wheeler.

Silver Member

Post Number: 220
I've always wanted to do that with mine. my quad is a 1987 or 89 one of the two suzuki LT 500 2 stroke its probly the best four wheeler I've had, any gear I can snap the throttle and pack the front wheels. to date my best jump without crashing or hitting a truck is 6ft high and 30ft distance my brother beet my record last year with 5ft high and 50ft distance don't think I'll break that one. but we'll see. I love jumping to me its the best part of fourwheeling that and ridding wheelies

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Stonerville, Ohio

Post Number: 2553
nice i was wondering if those were the legendary quadzillas those were some badazz quads back in their day, i ride a blaster that has a lot of aftermarket keeps up 400exs, and then ppl i know, have 450r, 250r, 350x(3 wheeler), yfz450, 400ex, ds650, 200x(3 wheeler), scrambler 500, thats all i can think of right now, but ya useally every year a bunch of us go up to the silver lake sand dunes in michigan and have a blast, i'll try to get some pics up.

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
Ya those are the legendary quadzillas if you don't know how to start them though they'll back fire and it feels like someone hitting your foot with a base ball bat I've had a few quads growing up I started on a Suzuki lt 80, then got a yamaha blaster which i then crashed real bad and broke my arm, then I got a Kawasaki kxf250 which is the fastes stock 250 on the market(or at least at the time) and finally the suzuki lt 500. the 400exs ride great wheelies(they have good balance) the kawasaki I had was the best jumping four wheeler I had it didn't matter the angle of which you jumped it always seemed to straighten itself out in the air definatly one of my favorites. but the lt takes the cake. the ds650 aren't that good of a bike, alot of power but its like drivin a bus on the sand or at least thats what if feels like to me. when I was growing up on the lt 80 my dad had it beefed up so high that it would rattle the bolts out of the frame.

you ever been to Glamis california its 26miles long and 5 miles wide of SAND DUNES!!!

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

RE AUDIO

Post Number: 609
kyle ive past tru there at least 4 times in the last 7 months it gets hella packed motorhomes everwhere, do people camp out there? Do you have to have those type of tires to be in the sand?

Gold Member

Stonerville, Ohio

Post Number: 2554
here are some pics of the my blaster and my dads GF's trail boss, sorry for the mess the garage is a diasater all the christmas sh1t is everywhere, LOL

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i248/cenus/100_0083.jpg

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i248/cenus/100_0084.jpg

Gold Member

Stonerville, Ohio

Post Number: 2555
na i never been to glamis, i want to go buts its a long azz ways away, ya i know what you mean about the ds650 that b1tch is a tank with sh1t loads of power, great dune quad, around here my brothers 250r is the fastest thing around, its all decked, so ya its fast, my little blaster surprises a lot of people, like one time i draged some guy with a modded 400ex, pipe, jet, and i kept up with him through the gears but got owned on top end, hopefully pretty soon i can sell the blaster and upgrade to a yfz450

Silver Member

Post Number: 222
suzuki came out with a good bike to their new 450 I think is what it is but it feels like a little kids bike I guess because its built for racing.

and ya david you need those tires the paddle tires dig into the soft sand. you can have front dirt tires but they grip to much so its easy to roll. thats why people have razor tires like what i got cuase they drift and grab at the same time so that you don't roll. theres several types of paddles though. like haulers which are just streight paddles(mainly used on dragg bikes or banshees because of there high rpms) and then theres sand sharks and sand skates look at the picture and you'll see'em.

I never really cared for polaris just because they don't really make a bike that handles well and drives well on the sand cause of there weight and automatic trans.

I only get to go to glamis once a year cause its a 800 mile drive for me to get to.(14hrs average)

Gold Member

Stonerville, Ohio

Post Number: 2565
ya paddles are a must if wanna roost, LOL my dads scrambler is a beast but i know what you mean by not like polaris imo they suck, their only good quad is the scrambler, i have the same rear tire you do, sand tires that is, everyday i run kenda klaws the best tire ever imo i like them a lot more than razrs, shredders, holeshots.

Silver Member

Post Number: 223
neo you ever been to st. anthonys? its in idaho thats where that bowl and pic of my brother came from.

heres some dune pics:
Upload
Upload

Upload
^dumb@ss, and yeah he went over
Upload
^thats me side hilling

Upload
another big bowl^^

Gold Member
Username: Delsole

Post Number: 1090
i have riden 4 wheelers before but never ones hooked up for sand nor did i ride them in sand. that looks crazy i wanna try it.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 2988
i love 4 wheelers. i go for climbing power to explore the hills where i live. if i ever go riding any time soon i will take pics and post em.

Silver Member

Post Number: 232
For me its just the opposite I've only riddin on dirt like once its soo different from the sand. see on the sand you need to keep your tires spinning and I mean really fast in order to get some where. you basically always have to have the rpms up cause if you don't then you'll get stuck. In case none of you know but if you do go dunning just remeber when you go on hill lean upwards (same thing when doing donuts basically)towards the top of the hill otherwise you'll most likely roll. but it depends on how fast your going. and the slope of the hill. like in neveda sand mountain theres a steep soft slope there like damn near 90 degrees or at least thats what it feels like. lol one time I was sidehilling and I went to shift up but I didn't hit it hard enough and hit nuetrual and the bike staled and the bike started rollin' my brother had the damn camera and he didn't take the shot!! I couldn't beleive it.

one time in glamis I was just coming out of fourth gear going up a hill and all of the sudden my bike swings sideways and chucks me off of it. now I don't konw if you know anything about quadzillas but that bike is huge when its coming after your. so I start trying to get away from it, The friggin rear tire came off!!. my bro put that tire on thats the second tire that I've had of his come off while I was ridding.

Gold Member

Stonerville, Ohio

Post Number: 2566
what quad is that flipping up there, is that an old tecate 250, na i've only been to the silver lake in michigan, theirs a couple places close that have sand pits, but nothing close to dune size. sometimes i think im gonna blow up the motor on the blaster having such high rpms all the time in the dunes. the hills at silver lake are pretty big, the biggest hill is the test hill, its atleast 200ft tall and has about a 75-80degree angle on it, its pretty intense going up cause if you don't know what the h3ll your doing you will roll the quad i've seen it done many time.

Silver Member

Post Number: 235
ya its the old tecate nice bike though. hard to find parts though. I think we only got one left we sold the other two. I know what you mean about going up those hills though, most of the time I end up ridding wheelies up'em cause of the torque of the lt 500 but I know if I let off its all over so I just try to keep balance and ride it out to the top.

Sand Mountain Nevada is I think 400ft its huge heres some pics.
Upload
Upload
^^ that buggy was custom made by my dads cousin. he made a new one with a v8 supercharged motor w/nos it was like 800hp or somethin

also check out dumont dunes there kind of like the dunes at sand mountain

http://www.dumontduneriders.com/wallpaper.html

Silver Member

Post Number: 236
this is the ultimate site check this out

http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=515&password=

Silver Member

Post Number: 237
^^ and here

http://www.glamisdunes.com/photopost/index.php

Gold Member

Stonerville, Ohio

Post Number: 2568
nice links, ya i never rode a tecate but i know ppl that have and they say its one badazz bike, do you know anything about the 450r, yfz450 and ltr450, cuase when i sell the blaster im gonna upgrade to a 450 but im not which i want, i never rode a yfz450 and ltr450 but my brother has a 450r, which i don't like way to light of front ened, so im stuck between the yfz and ltr.

Silver Member

California United states

Post Number: 326
well I've alway been a big fan of suzuki they build quality bikes that last years without maintence. not that yamaha is bad and all I mean they stuck out the two-stroke for years after suzuki and kawasaki left it due to insurance issues and a bunch of other crap. but a suzuki seems to last longer than a yamaha. I own the suzuki lt500 and my bro has the 2005 limited eddition yamaha banshee and yamaha never seems to build a quality machine like for example the stock suspension bottoms out,stock pipes have no boost and really don't give the bike justice, A arms in the front are made of flimsy aluminum - he was riding a wheelie and went over one of the rear tires was low so it drifted to the side and when he fell off it rolled and bent the A arm. banshee's are kind of hard to ride in the sand cause all of the horse power is in the high end. but working twards the motor. where the motor meets up with the swing arm theres only 2 bearings instead of 4, the carbs aren't a great design either because you have to tune both of them and it can become a real pain and the stock ones always leek, he eventaully got a single carb for it. suzuki on the other hand... there just bullet proof it seems the A-arms are made out of steal bars I've rolled,landed hard like really hard-damn near knocked my self out I hit so hard, gone over backwords, and the bike just don't seem to quite I'm really impressed with them. my mom has the suzuki 400 4-stroke and its really fun to drive it moves with ease and you can ride wheelies forever on it, it has wounderfull balance and if you get the 450 kit for it it takes out my 500 and I've never seen a quad get close. of course thats stock by the way, plus on a 500 you have alot of torque its really hard for me to explain it you would really have to ride one. the yamaha 660 raptor was just a joke they went for the wounder full 660cc which sounds good in theroy but I rode one and its like a tank on the sand and stock it always rides wheelies now that might seem cool and all that but when your going up hills the last thing you want is to ride a wheelie and go over. he had to spend $3,000 just to keep the front end on the ground. however the new yfz450 seems to be pretty nice from what I've herd but I've never actually ridden one the ltr450 is supposed to be more powerfull and from what history has shown me it should be more reliable. but before you buy either of two you should definataly test drive them cuase some bikes have a feel that fits you perfect and when you get into that kind of power and $$$ you difintally want a perfect fit which what i feel about my 500 you kind of feel like "one" you know what I'm saying? you think it and the bike simply responds with now pushing or shuving. Personally I wanted the LTr450 but it feals like little kids bike to me was very dissapointed it feels like an lt80 but with a 450cc motor instead but im a pretty big fellow I'm 6'1 and wiegh 280lb. I haven't been on the yamaha but being rubbed the wrong way with them growing up I don't really want one so I'll just wait for the next wounder of suzuki to be released. as of yet my dad is trying to make the same discision you are he's ridden them both but he doesn't feel that either of them can preform like the LT 500. even my bro wishes he had an LT he loves the build vs the yamaha, but there not exactly common.

please note do not take offense to my reveiw they are based on my own personal opion and they do not reflect how the bikes ride on anything but sand

Gold Member

Stonerville, Ohio

Post Number: 2579
well im just looking for opinions, and my brother in law used to have a lt250 and was allways having problems with it, the carb was messed up, never could get it to run right.

Silver Member

California United states

Post Number: 327
did you just buy a new carb?

Silver Member

California United states

Post Number: 328
never rode the lt 250 but I own my dads old lt 500 he bought it brand new and has more miles on it than my car and the fu cker is still going, car=255k miles

Gold Member

Stonerville, Ohio

Post Number: 2580
idk i only ever seen it twice before he sold it, he said the carb was fvcked on it but idk i never got to mess around with it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us