Anyone with HT experience please!

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1473
I'm posting this here because the guys/gals in HT areas are very particular. Not saying not helpful, just quick to blast a noob question. Disregard if that isn't you. Anyone have HT subwoofer enclosure building experience/knowledge? I have a Q regarding speaker spikes. Thanks

Gold Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1485
Bump to the bumpity bump!

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 9138
what do you want to know about them
they are good for reducing resonations brought about through the vibrating floor. hard-wood floors...i wouldn't get them. but they do have some kind of shyte the spikes can sit on too.

Gold Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1488
I'm thinking about using casters for my next HT subwoofer project and was curious on any effect it would have on sound. The spikes help in maintaining good connection to the floor, just that they make it impossible to move the speaker with ease. I don't have plush carpet in my gameroom and was hoping casters (wheels) under the subwoofer wouldn't distort the sound, also making it a breeze to move around. (It promises to be heavy). Even though the spikes look cool.Upload

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

SubBassMidBass

Post Number: 9182
spikes FTW man they do look extra badazz

Platinum Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 11653
How heavy are you planning on making this subwoofer?

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11654
And to answer your question about casters, unless you can ensure the rigidity of the casters and total lack of motion you should be fine. However casters are never rigid and the energy that your subs will provide may tend to lose its punch because of the casters.

Gold Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1529
^^^My concern as well. It will be a 4cu enclosure with me using the 15" SI mag as a driver, powered by a 1000w plate amp from partsexpress. If I HAD to guess, maybe 150lbs. Total. I'm just tired of what i'm using now.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11658
How much did you end up spending for this custom made subwoofer?

Gold Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1531
I don't even know what I'm going to be paying for the Mag yet until totals come in from the group sale, plate amp is $330, wood, port material, plexi, ect, looking at like $800.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us