Thanksgiving

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1185
Just a little story to put Thanksgiving in perspective. I'm going to be eating dinner with my son at my sisiter's this year so I had a 20lb turkey I wasn't going to use. For ha ha's I stuck it on Craigslist for free and Whammo, had 6 responses in 10 minutes! I wound up giving it to a hard up family who had nothing. I mean nothing. Even delivered it myself. The mother gave me a hug and her husband shook my hand. Over a turkey.
Driving home it made me realize what I take for granted every day. I emailed them a bit later and offered to help them out at Xmas for their kids. It made me feel pretty d@mn good. Anyway I thought it was a good feelin' kinda story.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 1919
yeah thats awesome man.

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 631
ur like good ole saint nick

Silver Member
Username: Tdawg30

Ohio USA

Post Number: 632
cept ur giving out turkey lol but nonetheless. Its a very good deed indeed get it well im done for now. Kind hearted people are still around, nice to know

Gold Member
Username: Wolfman1966

WEST MONROE , LOUISIANA USA

Post Number: 1120
The nursing home where i work sent a big box of food, plus some clothes detergent (something the mother asked for) and some food we had leftover from our thanksgiving meal (we did it a week early) to a needy family.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

HD3, Www.Audioque... United States

Post Number: 2540
Your a good man Paul.

Silver Member
Username: I_likes_da_bass

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 135
^Agreed x10.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 1018
I agree also, good thing you did. You have my respect.

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 851
thats real nice of you man.

Gold Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1188
They were good people, just in a bad situation. Their mother lived with them and between the three of them, had $13 to put a dinner together for themselves and their children. House was falling apart, plastic on all their windows, and clothes drying in the kitchen. Something as small as a $20 turkey made their holiday. I sit here looking at all my "toys" trying to get a Mag as cheap as possible and it smacks me dead in the face. This could turn into a hobby, helping people out. We all need help from time to time, right?

Silver Member
Username: Rvlacos

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 632
thats mighty kind of u!

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 633
thats mighty kind of u!

Silver Member
Username: I_likes_da_bass

Bentonville, AR USA

Post Number: 137
Yep. I couldn't agree more. Each year before Christmas my wife and I take all of our son's toys from the previous year that are still in great condition and donate them to places that help people that can't afford toys for their kids. We are trying to teach him that it's better to give than receive. It makes you feel good to help out people.

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 680
thats real kind

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 680
thats real kind

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 681
thats real kind

Gold Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1189
Triple post FTMFW!!!!

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 867
there yuo go again richard, triple post.

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 707
dude its not my fault look at the post count? im confused as helll it keeps doing it to me and it takes like 5 minutes to post? i dunno but im sorry for the inconvienance.

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 708
dude its not my fault look at the post count? im confused as helll it keeps doing it to me and it takes like 5 minutes to post? i dunno but im sorry for the inconvienance.

Silver Member

DD 3512 United States

Post Number: 707

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 870
^^^haha, im just playing bud
there you go again...hahaha

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

RE AUDIO

Post Number: 596
get a new computer lol jk. ive never double posted since i registered:-) but i hate that damn thing that says wait 5 seconds to post.....

Gold Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1202
Wait till you post a novel, then click on post and get that error, then click on "back" and everything disappears. Upload

Gold Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1203
Everyone should post something they've done this thanksgiving that helped someone out. Strut your stuff, so to speak!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 687
hey im gonna say it even though everyones said it 100 times. That was really kind of you.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 20

Post Number: 2486
that was a very kind thing you did paul, and i have the upmost respect for you, i useally take all the cloths that don't fit anymore and take them to the goodwill or some oreganization to donate, and this year at school we had a canned food drive so iwent out and bought a sh1t load of of different things and donated them LOL its not much but every little bit helps.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

KY More Wang Th...

Post Number: 2926
well our skool collects food to give to the needy evey year. i give about 30+dollars worth of food there but i just dont get that "helpful" feeling described because if i dont do it myself, then i dont feel like i did anything.
but it does feel good to do nice for needy ppl.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8837
i got money in da bank, shorty whatcha drank???

i am jammin right now...don't ask...

Silver Member
Username: Tweeker

RE AUDIO

Post Number: 601
hell yeah that song HITS on my system

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 256
I LOVE THANKSGIVING DINNER

MMM TURKEY..MASHT POTATOES...CORN...GREEN BEANS....CRESCENT ROLLS.....AHHHHHHHH

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8843
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 259
then it wont show my emphasis on how much i love thanksgiving food...i mean FOOD

Gold Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1215
Bump for some good deeds fellers......gooble gobble is 3 days away. Don't let us down..Upload

Gold Member

Pine hill, Nj US

Post Number: 1232
A little update on the story. After replying to my email, seems as though their little 6 year old boy "Chris" has lowes syndrome. In short: Lowe Syndrome (LS) is a rare genetic condition that causes physical and mental handicaps, and medical problems. Also called the oculo-cerebro-renal (OCRL) syndrome. She said that this year was the "worst" and from what I saw, she was right.
Well that was all I needed to hear. I'll be making sure he gets a good Xmas this year. You can @#$%! count on it!

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 1290
If every one helped out just one family like you, it would help a lot of ppl. Good on ya Paul. Happy thanksgiving.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us