OT-Playstation 3

Silver Member
Username: Riskyb

Post Number: 400
I'm in high school and have been working diligently for the largest specialty retailer of games in the U.S. for a year and six months. I make about 6$ an hour (a crummy salary compared to where I could work). Lately, I have been awaiting the launch of the PS3. I was told that I did not have to worry about standing in line to reserve my PS3 and that it would be given to me because of my position. Well come to find out that is complete bullsh!t. I will not recieve my PS3 on the launch date because I am an employee and am automatically placed at the end of the 8 reserve line. The store got in only 6. Therefore, I am screwed. No PS3 for me on launch. Although, I am once again "promised" to recieve one before christmas. THIS IS REDICULOUS. What a great way to completely f*ck your employees in the @ss. Why don't they see that by selling me one first I will be able to make them more profit by selling PS3 related items over the holiday season? This is horrible business practice. When you screw your employees it will come back to bite you later. I just wanted to inform everyone about this so that no body will seek a job here in the future.

I would like to hear anybodys thoughts about this.

P.S. Looks like I'm camping out at Wal-mart now.

Gold Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3399
My friends are camping out starting tomorrow. i hope it works out because he owes me 230$ lol. I would prolly do it with them but i have court friday morning :-(

Silver Member
Username: Nyyfan13

VA USA

Post Number: 761
that sucks man, that is pretty g_y
i like playstation but its way to expensive for me. no way im buying it altho it does look real good

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Friday, Str8t to the Gentlemans club

Post Number: 2587
P.S. Looks like I'm camping out at Wal-mart now

hahahah Noob bu thanks man that made my day today.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 20

Post Number: 2442
wow i haven't turned my ps2 on in like 3months i have more important stuff to do than play games, lol and plus the ps3 is going to be exspensive as h3ll, im sure i could find something better to spend my money on.

Silver Member

Post Number: 405
"hahahah Noob bu thanks man that made my day today."

How about you jack me off with your lips? How are you getting one without waiting in line?

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3402
i havent turned my ps2 on in about 2 years lol

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Friday, Str8t to the Gentlemans club

Post Number: 2588
i havent turn my ps2 in 2 weeks and im not gettint he ps3 i ratehr have the wii but yeah later on i will have my ps3 like in january. im not in a hurry to get the ps3 im not that excited :-)

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 766
"How about you jack me off with your lips?"
that was kinda funny, not taking sides on it.

i play ps2 when i play madden 07 with my boys. other than that it doesnt see much play.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

4, 20

Post Number: 2447
damn 2 years, LOL thats a long azz time.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Resonant Engineering..., Fort Worth... Email

Post Number: 1650
on point in getting the first wave os ps3s.. look at the first wave of 360s.. nothing but problems.. if your going to waste your money wait until they get the bugs fixed

Gold Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 3405
didnt sony take an extra year on them for that though?

my ps2 will come back into play for madden next year when i go to college prolly. and if business is good i'll get a ps3 next year. maybe it will go down a little too...

Silver Member
Username: Naledge503

Working on a secret pr..., Oregon USA

Post Number: 549
I seen something on the news today about them not being completely backwards compatible. Like they were advertised.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1625
Sony made an annoucment already that they expect 2 out of every 3 PS3's are going to have to be sent in for repairs on the first batch of them.

Dont bother.

Silver Member
Username: Homegrowncam

Watauga, TX United States

Post Number: 328
though i am planning on waiting to get one then through it on ebay and sell it for more just like when the 360s came out.

Silver Member
Username: Bernymac

AQ HD3!!, CA United States

Post Number: 921
I was able to play the Nintendo Wii today, don't care what you think about it, it was fun!

Silver Member

Post Number: 414
Yea I have a nintendo wii preordered also. Thank god I didn't use the employee reserve. I had to wait out in the cold to get #4 in line.

Gold Member
Username: Dustin3

Tigard, OR U.S.

Post Number: 4147
90% of people i think at this time (who are waiting in lines) are just buyin them and sellin em on ebay :-) i was promised one, and now it looks like om not gona be able to get one :-( people are funny who are gonna go out and buy the first batch, cuz like jeff said, there WILL be bugs, and i think its funy the pople on EBAY buyin em ofr 1800 and such, lol

and yes, people are getting very very mad about the ps3 first saying they would be Backwards compatible, and then now saying they arnt. because now they are forcing people to spend all the money on their new games

Silver Member

Post Number: 419
^ they are still backwards compatable on all ps2 and ps1 games. They have just found bugs with some systems as far as playing the game without freezing and stuff. Which is a total bummer. I'm sure sony will have firmware updates asap.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 2382
don't buy the ps3 from first batch released. have read and been told by numerous people in electronnic stores/gaming stores that have a problem with something inside that causes them to overheat really fast and catch fire.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2928
lol i will wait a while even xbox 360 had probs at 1st

Platinum Member
Username: Chaunb3400

Huntsville, Alabama U.S.

Post Number: 10090
picking up my 2 on Friday at 12:00am, then straight to ebay

Gold Member
Username: B101

DD, RE, FI, TREO, KICKERUSA

Post Number: 3867
lol CB
markup time... just hold them till xmas week! :-O

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8633
Car Audio FTW....do you know what kind of front-stage components i could get wif 600 dollahz!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?:-O:-O:-O

Gold Member

Post Number: 3868
i actually dont think it will be bugs, they have pushed it back too many times already to clean up the bugs... not goin to make a microsoft mistake.. lol

besides where else can i get a blueray player??

Silver Member
Username: Terry6405

Sullivan, IN US

Post Number: 977
ill keep my 600 dollars thanks, and that is without any games, ha, how much are the games gonna run, i heard like 80-90 bucks

Gold Member

Post Number: 3872
do i have to buy a controler also?
what about wires?
lmao

Silver Member
Username: Motomattic3

Post Number: 120
I bought the ps2 because of the backwords compatibilty but never even played a ps1 game after I bought it. plus I don't even play it that often like maybe 2 or three times a month max. I wonder if the ps3 will be better than the 360, I know its more powerful than one but viewing some pics off gamespot and such all the graphics go souly into the action like on a driving game. all the cars are super smooth and have great detail but everything else like pit crew,stands,atmosphere is like the sims.

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 2935
who cares there both sweetand in like 6 more years there will be another one out lol

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8638
lmao^^^^ so true. :-)

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9766
if u own a ps2 then y get stupid & shell out $600 now - just chill playing ur ps2 (which still gets new games) until a few mths when the mad rush is over then get it ........}

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8652
words of a wiseman.

OR give it 9 months and let that baby drop in price a little. haha. i don't think i will ever own one. unless i win the lotto.....

Silver Member
Username: Cavsmaxima

New York United States

Post Number: 633
i work at target and people started camping out yesterday at 1pm and it comes out friday, i think thats crazy. And i cant believe that none of those people have work or school to go to for four days.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1663
i went to wal-mart today.. they had an area with cones marked off just for people to wait for the ps3.. and there were already a few there. i just don't think it is worth the trouble. in a few months they will be plentiful and hopefully have the bugs worked out

Silver Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 493
the blue ray will be nice...

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9778
i think its just plain stupid/retarded how ppl would go nutz over anything (like those star war movies) & line up hrs or even days just 2 be the 1st - get a freaking life ppl ! .......

Gold Member

OG eCoustics Member

Post Number: 8696
tell us how you really feel Rovin. lol

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 634
yeahhh rovin.....

What's a blue ray?

Gold Member

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 9782
i think i already added my 2cents which is - there is just too much hype about it & ppl r overboard like they have 2 get it or they will die or something

thats just IMO - so no need 4 me 2 further comment.......

Gold Member

Post Number: 3900
Rovin is excatly correct... its like people go APE when these things get release... just the type of people they are targeting for... :-)

blueray is a new dvd format... its BETTER than a dvd...

correct me if im wrong...
1 blueray = 20gb
1 dvd = 4.7gb

Silver Member

New York United States

Post Number: 635
ohh thats what some guy was asking me in my store the other day

Silver Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Canada, Canada Canada

Post Number: 854
Yeah wait a month or 2 and waltz in and pick one in off the shelf..

Blueray players start at around $999, so the PS3 is the cheapest bluray player around.

Gold Member
Username: 54danny54

Betsy layne, Kentucky..GO... \blink, red,...

Post Number: 2899
some guy at my local walmart payed a guy 2000 dollars.... 2000 dollars.
just for an earlier spot to get the PS3.
they had 12.
sad.....

Silver Member

VA USA

Post Number: 813
supposedly, ebay is allowing any ps3 on their site for the first six months due to people selling 360s for over 1000 for one.
anyone heard this?

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1617
lol camping out for the ps3 ..thats just so funny to me...haha

Silver Member

Post Number: 425
O well, atleast I still have my Wii on Sunday. Didn't get shorted on that because we got in enough for all our reserves.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1686
i would not mind buying one to re-sell on ebay.. but the hassle is not worth it for me...

the sad thing is so many people are going to camp for one of the oh magical ps3s.. and well the stores just have the quantity.. store might only have 8 to sell and have 10 people out camping already.. come on now.. they are going to sit out in the cold weather for nothing :-).. hate to be the store manager when it is released
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us