A Walk Down Abbey Road

Silver Member
Username: Sem

Post Number: 122
Tomorrow night my wife and I have front/center section seats to this show, http://www.caesars.com/Hilton/AtlanticCity/presscenter.htm?releaseId=935
This will be the forth year in a row we've seen this presentation that uses a revolving set of musicians. In years past, artists included, the late John Entwistle, Ann Wilson of Heart, David Pack, Mark Farner of Grand Funk, and Jack Bruce, among others. Also Alan Parsons and Todd Rundgren have appeared all four years.

One of last year's highlights was a six guitar "jammin rendition" of "While MY Guitar Gently Weeps" that blew the roof off.

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 696
Jealousy rears its ugly head...I miss going to concerts. Being in a small town sucks...I going to have to move soon! If the DoD lets me...

Silver Member
Username: Sem

Post Number: 124
Berny,
No reason for jealousy. The show, while entertaining, had its fair share of glitches. Since they only do this one gig together, I sure they don't get a lot of practice time.

Something really cool did happen Saturday night though, we were able to attend the after-show party. Also at the party was David Peel, an old and dear friend of the late John Lennon. We spent about 15 minutes together talking, (well mostly he was doing the talking, I was just like, "WOW, David &%@! Peel").

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 739
that is still nicer than no concerts at all...sigh:-(
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us