Safest Music Downloading Site?

Silver Member
Username: Greeney1888

Maple Grove, MN United States

Post Number: 169
im thinking limewire but i dont really wanna fu.ck up my new computer with viruses and stuff even tho i have McAfee Virus stuff. what r u guys using?

Gold Member
Username: Rovin

Trinidad & T...

Post Number: 5990
Limewire is da best imo - lots of songs & users 2 DL from ........

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 6412
They key is do not preview any of the item you are downloading unitl it is finished. Scan it before opening and make sure that your AV software is updated at all times.

Nothing is safe in cyberspace so just be careful

Bronze Member
Username: Tustsegua

Petaling jaya, Selangor Malaysia

Post Number: 12
that's true..

Username: Easyluckyfree

Post Number: 1
the new version of limewire i found is very good. the last version i had a couple of months ago would download songs that were 12 minutes of silence. i haven't had that problem at all with the new version.

Username: Persion

Post Number: 3
think bear share is fairly gud alwys complet files but then agian ther al as bad.

Username: Ladyfromheaven

Post Number: 2
I personally use Limewire also they tell u if this person has a virus and if you still want to download it. I hate bearshare someone told me to download it and it sucks. So many viruses I had to take my pc in My computer guy told me Limewire so I downloaded it and I have never had a problem (fingers still crossed) Good luck.....

Gold Member

Post Number: 8466
Just give it time.

Username: Nd4spd18

Post Number: 6
www.allofmp3.com

Not free, but very cheap ($0.02 per MB I think). No risk of viruses or spyware and the music is perfect quality, you can download it in whatever format you want.

Bronze Member
Username: Ftalife

Post Number: 49
i use limewire

Bronze Member
Username: Ftalife

Post Number: 50
you can dl so much there...music movies and more

Gold Member

Post Number: 9266
MS, define perfect quality? Is it a lossless format with no compression at all?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
When you order your music, you get to choose what format you want. For songs marked with OE encoding, the quality is not 100% perfect, but way better than the files you would get from other p2p networks.
For songs marked with OEEX encoding, the song is stored as PCM / 44.1 Khz / 16 bit, and if you choose to download it as a WAV file the quailty will be identical to that of the original.
The price for a song depends on the file size ($0.02 per MB), so if you download it as a WAV it will cost more than if you downloaded it as an MP3 or other compressed format.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 10311
Nice...what is the average price for the uncompressed format?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
I was wrong about the price, it is $0.03 per MB.

If an average song is about 60 MB in WAV and 6 MB in MP3, then it would cost $1.80 for the WAV and $0.18 for the MP3.

If you want to get a lot of music from that site do it quick because AllOfMp3 is based in russia and the US has been trying to get it shut down for a while, so I think it will only be a matter of time before that happens.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11110
I don't doubt that. We'll see how well corporate bullying works overseas.

Gold Member
Username: Basshead86

Try Google

Post Number: 6578
i have found that the best way to no DL a virus....is to not DL p0rn. hahahahahah

seriously though, i believe you can't have a virus in an audio file??? but you can in a video file???? might be wrong...but i don't DL vids and i have never had a problem.:-)

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11198
You can download a virus from any file. They can imbed them in anything.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6599
oooooooooh...nice..

glad i quit DL'ing anything from Limewire. lol

Platinum Member

Post Number: 11204
Yeah man some of these virus writers are geniuses...too bad they do it to mess with people.

Gold Member

Try Google

Post Number: 6624
seriously...they could be curing cancer.....LOL

Bronze Member

Post Number: 77
Yes, an audio file can have a virus or other harmful code in it. Not too long ago winamp fixed a bug which they listed as an "extremely critical security bug in MP3".

And about allofmp3: They reason I said they may get shut down in the near future is because Russia is trying to enter the world trade organizition. To do that they need the approval of the US, and the RIAA and MPAA (they have the two largest political intrest groups in Washington), are attempting to get the US government to reject Russia's entry if the don't crack down on so called "intellectual property rights".

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 1715
Visit j designs.info and join, then PM me. I have a lot of music on my server you can download via FTP... And if there's anything you want, I can get it. I download tons of music/movies/etc.

Bronze Member
Username: Ryersonresurrected

Post Number: 91
I still think bit torent is amazing for album downloads...and of course u can always download songs individually now from the albums.

demonoid.com is just one other site 2 explore

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 1939
I hate limewire. It was going cool for a while, but then it really REALLY fu*ked up my comp, so just be careful guyz....

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

Davenport, IA US

Post Number: 1527
If you dont download files from cambodia or some weird a*ss place, limewire is very safe.

But actually, if you pay like $20 a year for limewire instead of teh free version, its the safest thing out there.

Bronze Member
Username: 1andrewg

Post Number: 11
The best way to download safely and to stay away from viruses and spyware is pretty easy, Just keep away from small files around 4MB and under in size, just never download small files at all. Most of the problem files are small because the idots (and im being nice} that put them on there to the unsuspecting downloader will get more users downloading it because of its size, its quicker to download and to open the file. A new user to the program might think hey yer i will just download this small file and bingo ! the unsuspecting downloader might have a virus or spyware !
Another way to stay away from any problems is to always scan {Software} files with your antivirus before you open it, if you see any problems just delete the file without opening it, that way it is safe, and it hasnt harmed your computer !

Movie and Music files are usually always safe, but again you would keep away from downloading small size files !

Use Common Sense, before you download, after you have done a search in the program, and the list of downloads {Files} are there, checkout the title name or size of the file if it looks suspect just dont download it !

Any Questions ? you are welcome to leave a post in the forum
http://entertainmentworlddownloads.com/forum/

or you can visit and download our trial Movie and Music Downloading Software at
http://www.entertainmentworlddownloads.com/

Any improvements you would like to see in the program let us know, where open to all ideas !

Username: Tyler_zero

Happy Valley Goose Bay, Labrador Canada

Post Number: 7
Yeah well i would say that Limewire or Frostwire are the best music download programs , but Ares lite is a good program 2 cuz it got its own video viewer that comes with it.

Username: Peachykeen70

ok its now 2009 and my cousin sent me Limewire Pro program in a email. I saved it, scanned it for viruses and unzipped it. I used it and downloaded 500 songs. but my virus software detected a trojan in a song that already downloaded and now i cant get rid of that file ....what can i do? I got rid of Limewire asap but file wont delete????Help

Username: Holycrap

Carrie-Anne Keen.
I'm no internet guru, by any means, seriously, who is at 17? But, neways..
If you have good virus software it should either delete or quarantine the trojan.
If it doesn't, check up on the details of the virus, ie where it is on ur comp.. and go and manually delete it.
That should work.
OH! and also, don't let it access the internet! check for changes made to ur virus software and what it allows to access the internet and what not.
Make sure the virus doesn't connect with its original source (or whatever the hell it does).
Cheers.
Hope it helps.

Username: Hophip27

New Jersey USA

Post Number: 5
Try brainstormlive.com, because there are huge collection of good music available here..

Username: Zaccolbert

I've used limewire for a while now and it's never been a problem, Beatport's also reliable and very good for electronic music.If you want to protect your card details I use a prepaid card for online purchases, and to protect my computer I shelled out a bit for Norton Antivirus software, well worth it if you're worried.

Username: Fastdebrid

Post Number: 4
HI everyone! I just discovered a site where you can download music safely and easily. With it, ou can now download with premium account on 50 file hosting services like megaupload, fileserve, megavideo, hotfile, rapidshare...

here is the url : http://fast-debrid.com

I hope you'll like it. It works and has good quality. Thank you and enjoy!

Username: Zaccolbert

Soundcloud's also very good if you're just looking for electronic music, you can often download tracks and mixes for free, and it's totally legal. It doesn't really cater for acoustic tastes though.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 17056
anybody have an update on the best free sites now ?

Gold Member
Username: Mrskullz1

New York

Post Number: 2105
i use a bunch of different methods to find the music I like (high quality stuff). You can find a bunch through torrents and even file servers like someone mentioned above. I have a premium account for a hosting (mainly for movies) but I do occasionally download music.

Some sites off the top of my head that are free are
hulkshare.com
mediafire

But quality isn't always the best there. Better off finding torrents or stuff from fileservers that will give you quality.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 17058
TY ...appreciate it

Username: Kellyken

Hey, maybe you could give a chance to AudFree program, it can help you get music from Spotify, Apple Music and other music streaming services. Good luck.

Username: Casiewanzek

I prefer the ReverbNation and SoundCloud.

Username: Lolpe

London

app store

Username: Passpartu

wow, very nice

Username: Passpartu

wow, really nice

Username: Maggiechan

DumpMedia Spotify Music Converter. Worth a try.

Username: Maggiechan

DumpMedia Spotify Music Converter is ok for me.

Username: Anber_liang

If you are a Spotify user, you can use the free TuneSolo Spotify Music Converter to download and convert songs. Its conversion speed is faster, and the operation is very simple. I am very satisfied.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us