Compaq a4000 all-in-one printer/fax/copy/scan

Anonymous

PLEASE HELP! I have a compaq computer & a compaq a4000 all-in-one printer/scanner/copy/fax. I am having problem with just the FAX part of it. It won't work at all, & I dont know why! I tried to uninstall it & reinstall it, I've tried to download a new driver, & I even tried to reset my pc back to a date when it was working good. All to no prevail! What am I doing wrong? I have DSL hook-up, so there is a black box with phone lines coming in, & another smaller beige box with phone lines going in & out of it, & more phone wires that run into my cordless phone, & digital answering machine, & to my pc & my printer/fax/etc. The only error message I keep getting no matter what I do is: "NO PHONE LINE DETECTED OR NOT CONNECTED". ~but I cant find anything that says how to fix this problem. Help Me! I am going Bonkers!!!!!

Username: Project6

Post Number: 83
try connecting your fax directly to the phone line

Unregistered guest
is there i site where i can download a driver for my printer compaq A4000

Username: Squattingdog

Post Number: 10
most dsl lines that i've played with need filters on the phones to remove static. depending on how sensitive the fax machine is that may be knocking it off. make sure that the filter is in place on the correct line. If it was working with the dsl and nothing has changed since it was working check that the splicer "beige box" port the fax is plugged into still works.

Anonymous

Can I just use the All in one printer with the phone and not connect it to the PC? It said on the screen "It is not compatible with XP Windows, do not attempt to install". Will it work just with the phone connection?

nightmagic1962
Unregistered guest
I have misplaced my disc to download my A4000. I just bought a new pc and need to download the A4000 to it. Where can i find the download?

Silver Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 755
try the compaq or HP site.

Beebe
Unregistered guest
Nighmagic1962-
I had a similar mishap. Try here:
\strikehttp://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=216828&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&dest_page=product&}

kathy
Unregistered guest
i have never been able to use the scanner. everytime i try to use it, it just says PC in use. i tried to scanner something to my email and to put in a new folder, still won't let me do that either. HELP!

Bronze Member
Username: Edwarl

Melbourne, Victoria Australia.

Post Number: 13
Have you tried reinstalling the driver software for the scanner? That would be the first thing to try.

kathy
Unregistered guest
i believe i have done that. i uninstall the printer and then reloaded it by the CD again and still can not scan. any more suggestions i can try.

Bronze Member
Username: Edwarl

Melbourne, Victoria Australia.

Post Number: 15
Your scanner is probably connected to the PC via a parallel port, right? I use the same connector as I use for the printer - just swap them over as required mosty as the PC is running. Perhaps not the fully correct way but it always works. Try booting up with the printer connected and then swap connectors or the other way - boot with scanner connected !! Any other way and you could be running into a IRQ etc configuration problem. Been there, done that ?? Quite often I go to use the scanner, up comes a bad message and I find I haven't got it powered up !! ;-)) Good luck.

kathy
Unregistered guest
thanks i will try that.

SVelt
Unregistered guest
Here's something simpler you might try.
Bring up the Compaq Settings utility and click on the application you're going to use. It appears to lock it's self into the last mode you used. Good luck.

elvis
Unregistered guest
i have a compaq A4000 printer/fax/scanner. i want to have my settings so that my faxs & scans print out in black vs. color. how do i do this?

Anonymous

I need to download compaq A4000 printer to my computer. I have the printer already.

athomemom4
Unregistered guest
I have an all-in-one printer and I can never use the scanner. Every time I try, I get the message "PC unavailable." HELP!

Anonymous

I am having trouble with my Compaq A4000 fax machine. All my faxed are going to memory and I don't know how to get the faxes that are in memory and make this stop sending them to the memory. I have lost my book for the fax machine.

Unregistered guest
Hi, I have Win. XP, and a Compaq A4000 printer. Some Adobe files print in gibberish, so i'm thinking it could be something with Adobe version 7.0. Any ideas? I've tried re-installing but no change.
THanks,
Michael

terrywest
Unregistered guest
Help. please. I have a panasonic fax machine. I mooved it to another location and it won't say anything on the screen, just empty squares. Any ideas? thank-you

Unregistered guest
I have a Compaq A4000 and having printing problems. Whenever I print any document, it comes out as gibberish with symbols. I uninstalled and then later on installed the printer software, but that didn't work. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Thanks.

Unregistered guest
My Compaq A4000 was making dirty copies, so I took it apart and cleaned it, then found a broken spring on the bottom. Didn't know where it went, now it doesn't print at all. Where does the little spring go, and is it worth replacing it, or just getting a new printer? Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 1385
That's a bit too esoteric for me to answer without pictures or a diagram of some sort...

Unregistered guest
Well, I believe it came from the ink cartridge area, as it was covered with ink and laying on the bottom just below where the cartridges slide off to the right when they are not in use. I haven't been able to find diagrams, but I was sort of hoping maybe someone else had a Compaq A4000, and could look at it and tell me where it is supposed to be. Thanks!

Unregistered guest
I am having trouble getting my printer to work (comopaq A4000 all-in-one) when i first plugged it in, it come on and had a message on the screen saying to change the cartlidge. I did and now the message screen is blank and the printer does not work. Wat can I do?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 1743
You probably didn't remove the plastic label that prevents ink from coming out of the cartrige during shipment.

Unregistered guest
Thank you so very much for that link, "Beebe". You've enabled me to use my scanner for the first time since I bought it three (3) years ago. There must be thousands of Compaq A4000 owners who've given-up in frustration over this same issue. From now on, I'll spread the word. Once again, thank you.

Username: Samatm

Post Number: 1
My compaq A4000 keeps saying "Load Black Ink" whenever I try to make a copy. I've changed the ink with a new cartridge and ran the alignment and cleaning program. Both programs work and print fine, but then it will not make copies. It just keeps saying, "Load Black Ink." HELP!

Unregistered guest
Does anyone have a site I can go to that gives instructions how to use the scanner on the A4000. I have the software loaded but don't know how to customize to my PC
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us