Reset password of windows 7?

Username: Xakagiz

Post Number: 1
Forgot the password of my old Windows 7 laptop. I already tried all the password combinations i could think up. What is the quickest and secure way to reset the forgotten password? I don't want to reinstall the os because i have important data on C drive.

Username: Farrah77

Post Number: 2
You cannot change another user's password from the guest account. You need to google a password recovery program, create the bootable media, and then reset the password. Or try something like Offline NT Password & Registry Editor which removes the password. The trick to any of these is that you have to create a cd, then boot from it.

Post Number: 2
CD? I don't have CD in my home. Would be done with USB flash drive? thanks

Username: Harkey13

USB flash is OK, but you need a windowws password recovery to create a bootable USB flash drive, then you can reset your forgotten Windows 7 password.

As far as I konw, UUkeys Windows password recovery is better then others, just 3 steps you can reset your win 7 password.
http://www.uukeys.com/reset-windows-7-password.html

Post Number: 3
thanks @Harkey13, it worked for me.

Username: Adrian7

By default, the built-in Administrator account has no password. Start your computer in Safe Mode and log in as the Administrator account. If that account is also password protected, try the other Windows 7 password reset tools, like PCUnlocker, chntpw, Ophcrack, Ultimate BootCD, Hiren's BootCD or others.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us