Logitech Z-906 Crashing Sound. Will New Sound Card Help?

Username: Nelorzoul

Post Number: 1
So I've got the Logitech Z-906 speaker system, and I've had it for a while. When I listen to certain songs through iTunes, with the same equalizer settings for all scenarios, I experience high pitched "crashing" noises through the speaker system - regardless of volume. If I play the SAME audio file through my Logitech G35 headset, instead, I get BETTER sounding audio AND no crashing sound. As some might know, the G35 headset should -NOT- provide superior audio quality versus the Z-906 5.1 surround sound speaker system. I'm using an optic cable to connect my speakers to my computer.

I've never had a dedicated sound card - although I figured buying one would fix this issue. The problem, however, is that I've always used onboard motherboard sound and, just recently, I purchased a MUCH newer and substantially "better" motherboard and I am still experiencing these issues - despite the definite increase in onboard audio quality that should be present.

That being said, I really want to fix this problem. I've actually had the entire speaker system replaced by Logitech and, unfortunately, that has not helped either - so the problem is not the system itself, I hope.

Will a dedicated sound card fix this problem? I'm very reluctant to drop the money on one unless there's a very good chance, given the circumstances, that it is going to eliminate the speaker "crashing" sounds and improve sound quality to, at least, beyond the level of my G35 headset.

Any ideas?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us