How to recover files from formatted mac drive??

Username: Kally66

Post Number: 1
i have a 2TB ext hard drive which i use to take backup of my important files. Last night by mistake i formatted my backup drive by thinking it as a system logical drive. finally lost ll backups. is there any way that i can restore all my backup files along with the folder structure???

Username: Stephen29

Hi Kally,

Yes, you can recover all your files along with hierarchy of files stored but the drive should not overwritten with new data after format. Last time when i have formatted a logical drive of my macbook, data recovery helped me a lot to get back all the files.

So it is better download some good recovery utility, evaluate it using demo version and then use it.

Username: Aaronsteven

Portland, OR United States

Yes it can be tried. Either you can find here:
http://www.macfilerecovery.net/

Username: Sdanny66

Hi Kally ,
File recovery software for mac can be used to recover files from formatted hard drive. Remo Recover (Mac) software is one the best file recovery tool as it is capable of recovering files from different file types and from different data loss circumstances.

You can download the demo version of this application to check the ability of the software in recovering deleted files from formatted hard drive,

Username: Maxepotter

Post Number: 6
I was using an older version of MacDrive and I used the drive on a PC without Mac Drive and even though I didn't do anything but unplug it when I realized, neither my Mac or PC with MacDrive would work with it.I tried lots of different things, but finally found that Disk Warrior and I got ALL my files back in the end.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us