Disk Error, Press Any Key To Continue

Username: Epi4561

Post Number: 4
I just installed Xp on a brand new HDD for my Dad. I installed SP3 and loaded all of the essential drivers and enabled Windows update. This morning there were 105 updates ready to be installed. After installing them, at ,startup he gets the Disk Error, Press Any Key To Continue message. No matter which key he presses, he gets the same error over and over unless he does Ctrl+Alt+Del. then he gets the same error, but when he presses any key, it boots like normal. He has tried a system restore to before the windows updates with no luck. Any suggestions?

thanks-epi

Gold Member
Username: Djsmith

Post Number: 1056
his hard drive might be fried.

does this error "Disk Error, Press Any Key To Continuecome" up when booting up the computer ?

first i would re-install windows XP sp3 ( if he has the install cd) if not i can send you a link to download one.

if that doesn't work, try using Active@ KillDisk 5.5 for Windows. i can also give you a link to download the pro version ( if you want it)
i can give you instructions on how to use it. but the web site has a video to help you. the site is http://www.lsoft.net/default.aspx

i personally would upgrade to windows 7, it works better and is more stable. i can give you a link to get that too ( pre-activated)

what ever your pc is (HP , ACER, or what ever) ... i will try to find the OS disk that is for your mother board. ( it's legel) and no hack or crack needed.

just let me know what you would like to do and i will do my best to help you out.

Bronze Member
Username: Kevinwhite

Post Number: 29
There must be some disk Bad Track on your HDD, when the program start to read the disk, the Bad Track won't work and stop the program. You can launch it in safe mode and check the disk.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us