How to connect rear speakers to a 5.1 sound card

Username: Kbalabha

Post Number: 2
I installed a 5.1 (mad dog predator) card in my PC and have a pair of Harmon Kardon speakers and a subwoofer. Right now I connected the HK speakers to teh rear speaker port of the sound card and I am using a cheap pair as my front speakers. Both the front and rear speakers are connected to the sound card via mini jacks. Unfortunately the length of the speaker wire limits my positioning of the speakers (frnt and rear). My question is how to have the rear speakers at the back and still be able to connect to the sound card. Or if I bought a 5.1 speaker system (Logitech etc) how do I connect the 5 speakers and the subwoofer to the sound card given that these speakers have their own wire ("+" and "-") connections.

Bronze Member
Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 62
there should be enough ports on the back to hook it up. Simple. Line in, Mic, Front, Back, Center for a 5.1 and also side for 7.1. theres also 8.1 out also now. I have an 8.1 card in my comp. Works fine. Also if you want to lengthen speaker wires cut the present wire in the middle. Get additional speaker wire from store. add in, solder or crimp both sides of cables. Tape etc. Boom. Add as many feet of wire that you want.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us