Bronze Member
Username: Acestallion

Post Number: 21
which is better? long term?

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5189
PC, I would say. This doesn't relate so much to hardware as to aesthetics, to be honest.

One of Mac's schemes to get more money is coming out with an entirely new laptop every few years to entice buyers to purchase the latest offerings and hence milk more money out of Mac's smaller pool of customers (relative to windows). In contrast, windows-based notebooks tend to age nicely as the design of the laptop remains relatively unchanged (minus Sony and a few others). Between both windows based and mac based laptops, hardware specs remain relatively minor between model redesigns, but if you have 3 year old HP laptop vs. a 3 year old Mac laptop; which one seems older? The mac does; probably because there have been a couple complete redesigns of the same laptop.

Gold Member
Username: Magfan

USA

Post Number: 1221
MAC, I would say. It has nothing to do with how well something 'ages'. Or rather, it has Everything to do with how something ages. Windows and most of the machines are always 'flavor of the month' while I know Mac users who have the same computer for years.

Mac comes fairly well equipped right out of the box. You don't need AV software, which is no excuse for poor computing practices. You also don't need separate CD/DVD buring software and Iphoto along with Preview is adequate for Light photographic use. Though something like Photoshop Elements would be in order if you are a little more serious.
I made everyone in my family get MAC. My college age neice and nephew are both MacBook (+PRO) users. Me and my Brother in law both have the IMac.

I'd say get the Mac, especially if you don't want to fiddle with it. I keep at least 3 of my neighbors Windows machines in order and I have to do something to each of 'em almost every month.

No, if you are seriously interested in Long Term......go with the Mac. And besides, if you have a Killer App you just HAVE TO RUN, you can always use BootCamp, Parallels or VM Fusion.
Other options are on the horizon.

I also like that my MAC will talk to my CellPhone thru bluetooth and that I can easily stream music to my stereo using an Airport Express.

Gold Member
Username: Illuminator

USA

Post Number: 5232

quote:

Windows and most of the machines are always 'flavor of the month' while I know Mac users who have the same computer for years.

This argument can be made for both mac and PC users.

PC's also come fairly equipped right out of the box, and are more compatible with software than Macs. Plus you can find better deals for the same software on PCs than Macs since it's more available.

True, Macs can be more trouble free due to not having viruses. And this definitely makes them a more viable option for the older generation/those not as savvy with computers.

I'm still not impressed with Boot camp since the Macintosh hardware obviously wasn't built for windows OS and in my experience windows runs better on a native windows system than on a Mac.

PC laptops also have bluetooth. My Lenovo I'm using right now has it.

Silver Member
Username: 420pimp2

Baltimore Atlantic Ci..., MD, NJ

Post Number: 996
pc 100% without a doubt! mac is a pain in the azz. people say reliable?yea thats all they can say! that was started back when pc's first came out. its pc all the way!

Username: Jet247

Post Number: 2
I have both a mac and a PC and if i could go back to just before i bought my mac i probably wouldnt have done it again. It's not because i don't enjoy it because i think it's a good machine. However the price you pay for a mac i think is just too much.
The same spec'd windows machine would cost a lot less and windows 7 has made many improvements.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us