Horrible cable modem speeds

Username: Toddo16

Post Number: 1
Hey everyone. I'm stationed in South Korea and live in a brand new apartment. I'm going through a cable company called TBroad. Anyway, I'm using a Cisco DPC3000 and am allegedly paying for a 100 meg connection.

My connection is awful. I constantly lose my connection to the internet and have to reset my modem. The best speeds I've ever gotten were only around 10 megs down, and even then, that's only been for a very short period of time. I AVERAGE about 1m/down. ONE MEG!! I've had the cable guy out here 2 times and I'm not exactly sure what he's doing when he gets here because my Hongul is not good at all. Last time he said my signals were too high.

I went down and checked the box where the line comes into the complex. It's going in to a DWS 6D 5-1000 splitter and there are three lines coming out of that splitter currently.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Username: Mounia114

ParisFrance

Post Number: 3
Hey for the 1st thing get it right, this is a MODEM! It demodulates the downstream off a cable channel carrier and it modulates the upstream back to the cable demod at the headend. Just because they are using very high frequency carriers and you can't hear it since the carriers are modulated with 50-60Mb data doesn't mean it's not a MODEM. Please get your facts straight.

Username: Mounia114

ParisFrance

Post Number: 4
In the bad old modem on copper days, they used to connect multiple 100, 300, 1200, 2400 baud lines together to get "high speed" data links.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us