Connecting a computer to dvr/tv

Username: Fishyj

Post Number: 1
Hi all, I got a dell laptop computer that has a hdmi port. On my dvr- cable box it also has a hdmi port. I want to be able to use my computer as a dvd player and show on my tv. My tv is a sharp that is about 6 years old. It is not hi def. I tried plugging into the computer and dvr box with a hdmi cabl and playing a movie but it did not work. Is there something else I need to do to make it work?

Silver Member
Username: Ieee488

Post Number: 224
You have to tell the laptop to output video to the HDMI port, usually push some button. For me F8 switches between the built in LCD screen and the VGA out port.

Username: Jongonzales

Post Number: 1
I got a computer that has a S video connect so does my tv now when i hook them both up and go to the display setting only on screen show up it doesnt pick up my tv just the computer monitor i tried everything like turn off computer first then connect the cord and so on but nothing seems to work pls help. again my computer does not pick up my tv monitor even when both of them are hooked up with a S video cord

Silver Member

Post Number: 284
see if the following is useful
http://www.svideo.com/displayvideo.html

Silver Member
Username: Dishlover

Toronto, Ontario Canad

Post Number: 415
Can someone please advise how can I connect mydesk top to my DSL internet. Computer doesn't have ethernet slot but only USB. Is there any converter available? Thanks in advance.

Silver Member

Post Number: 285
Verizon DSL gave me a DSL box that has both Ethernet and USB connection.

Your DSL box only has Ethernet?

If so, you can buy a USB to Ethernet converter adapter like this one --->
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833124335&cm_re=usb_ethern et-_-33-124-335-_-Product

You should be able to go into a Best Buy and buy one that is similar.

Silver Member
Username: Dishlover

Toronto, Ontario Canad

Post Number: 416
Unfortunately mine one has just Ethernet and no USB. Thanks for the info I'll definitely buy this one and post the results.

Username: Vivilee

Post Number: 6
I think you need a USB Multi Display Adapter For Computer - Add-On A Second Monitor to connect computer and tv
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us